• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Catholics: Help Us Understand Your Theology

No, it was only a matter of time before you to denounced any source I put forth. Because you are never wrong, you see, except for when you called History On The Net.com "Conservapedia". And I noticed you weren't able to counter MY source, considering the fact that you didn't know what it was.

And, when it comes to 'history on the net', you were unable to counter the point that a good deal of it's argument was based on the book 'Table Talk', which has been shown to be a fraudulent source. Instead, you deflect and insult.

Hitler used Christianity for his own ends, anybody who knows anything about it knows that's true, what you are propounding here are nothing more than the same anti Christian talking points I have been hearing for too many years, I can't believe people still throw this around.

Politicians and religions often use each other. It's happening here in the USA. It's happening in Russia. It's probably happening anywhere it can possibly happen.

If God exists, I wonder how God views those people?

Do Catholics consider Mormons and J.Ws. to be saved Christians, or does the RCC doctrine teach that these religious sects are cultists who will not be saved post mortem and face the same fate as agnostics, atheists, and other non-Christian ( not anti-Christian ) religious skeptics ?
Catholic doctrine is that judgement comes after death. So no one alive is considered saved or damned because that decision hasn’t happened yet.

Politicians and religions often use each other. It's happening here in the USA. It's happening in Russia. It's probably happening anywhere it can possibly happen.

If God exists, I wonder how God views those people?

James makes it pretty clear...if Christians who are dedicated to God and who are in the new covenant defile themselves with the affairs of this world, they are committing spiritual adultery...

​"Adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is making himself an enemy of God." James 4:4

The fake clergyman is getting his cassock in a twist.

Honestly, talking to these people is like trying to debate a 3 year old.

And, when it comes to 'history on the net', you were unable to counter the point that a good deal of it's argument was based on the book 'Table Talk', which has been shown to be a fraudulent source. Instead, you deflect and insult.

The source for the article was given right up front, and that wasn't it. Where do you get this crap from?

The source for the article was given right up front, and that wasn't it. Where do you get this crap from?

From the content of what was said, and I know the primary sources.

From the content of what was said, and I know the primary sources.

I'm not convinced. Cite the primary sources, then, and prove the author used them.

I'm not convinced. Cite the primary sources, then, and prove the author used them.

Ok. I will. Let's look at the 'history on the net' claim about why Hitler was not a christian. It said specifically

In fact, Hitler contemptuously called Christianity a poison and a bacillus and openly mocked its teachings. In a long diatribe ridiculing many core Christian teachings, Hitler told his colleagues that the Christian concept of heaven was insipid and undesirable. After scoffing at doctrines such as the Fall, the Virgin Birth, and redemption through the death of Jesus, Hitler stated, “Christianity is the most insane thing that a human brain in its delusion has ever brought forth, a mockery of everything divine.”

Now , this is a fake quote. There is very little mention of it actually being said, although the source is given as a letter to Hess. However, no such letter exists. Right then and there, that shows the 'history on the net' to be poorly sourced.

Next. .. we have this statement

Another theme that surfaced frequently in Hitler’s monologues of 1941–42 was that the sneaky first-century rabbi Paul was responsible for repackaging the Jewish worldview in the guise of Christianity, thereby causing the downfall of the Roman Empire. In December 1941, Hitler stated that although Christ was an Aryan

That comes from page 143 of Table talk, the exact place I said it would. The article I linked to showed why that is an untrusted source.

Exerts from a review of the book...Hitler’s Religion: The Twisted Beliefs That Drove the Third Reich, historian Richard Weikart...Hitler was a pseudo-Christian at best...

Was Hitler a Christian, an atheist, or neither?
A new book takes a look at the controversial—and complicated—issue of the religious views of Adolf Hitler.

What, then, did Hitler believe? Weikart convincingly writes that, although there is no evidence that he explicitly applied the term to himself, Adolf Hitler was a pantheist. Hitler loved spending time in nature, and often spoke of nature and God interchangeably. Hitler believed that the world was willed and ordered by nature, which he gave divine properties. However, Hitler’s worldview was closer to an materialistic awe for the orderliness of the universe than to mystical panentheism. While Hitler saw nature as God, his worldview allowed little room for the supernatural. For example, Hitler did not believe in an afterlife in the way most people understand the term. Rather, his concept of the afterlife was that the collective memory of the greatness of a nation would be passed on in history. Weikart notes that while all nouns are capitalized in German, English translations of Mein Kampf—including the one billed as the “Official Nazi Translation”—consistently translate Natur as “Nature” with a capital “N.” In Weikart’s view, Hitler actually derived his anti-Semitism in part from the racist, pseudo-biological social Darwinism of German biologist Ernst Haeckel.

In fact, Hitler’s real views on Christianity were so bizarre that they would actually be amusing in their imaginative eccentricity, if not for the fact that they were part of the worldview of a psychopath whose genocidal policies killed 11 million civilians and unleashed the bloodiest war in history. Weikart writes that Hitler, like his favorite philosopher, Nietzsche, disliked Christianity, but admired the figure of Jesus Christ. In Hitler’s view, Jesus himself was a Roman or Greek (Hitler believed that the ancient Greeks and Romans were the precursors of the Nordic “master race”) killed by the perfidious Jews.

Nonetheless, Hitler’s Religion is a work of momentous importance. One can hope that it will end the dispute on Hitler’s religion for good. After its publication, the intellectually honest atheist will no longer be able to falsely maintain that Hitler was a Christian, while the intellectually honest Christian who cares about being precise will have to give a more nuanced response than “Hitler did not believe in God.” He did, but Hitler’s God was vastly unlike the God of Christianity.

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2017/10/26/was-hitler-a-christian-an-atheist-or-neither/

The fake clergyman is getting his cassock in a twist.

Yup. Every German soldier wore a belt buckle that said "God is with us" during that war.

Ok. I will. Let's look at the 'history on the net' claim about why Hitler was not a christian. It said specifically

Now , this is a fake quote. There is very little mention of it actually being said, although the source is given as a letter to Hess. However, no such letter exists. Right then and there, that shows the 'history on the net' to be poorly sourced.

Next. .. we have this statement

That comes from page 143 of Table talk, the exact place I said it would. The article I linked to showed why that is an untrusted source.

That's not proof, it's your opinion, as always, which you always try to pass off as fact.

It appears that at least a few of his quotes don't actually exist... and he also relied on Table talk, which pretty much is fraudulent.

It's your word against theirs, and we know what yours is worth.

Its also a fact that the catholic church helped Nazi fugitives to escape prosecution. Despicable.

I was waiting for that...

This is just more of PoS' hit and run propaganda.

And, you are iginoring

According to Serge Klarsfeld, a Paris lawyer who has specialized in tracking down fugitive Nazis, Walter Rauff, a former SS colonel wanted for the mass gassing of Jews in mobile death vans, told in 1962 of having been given refuge in Vatican City convents for 18 months after the war.

Its also a fact that the catholic church helped Nazi fugitives to escape prosecution. Despicable.

Well, there ya go...James 4:4...

It appears that at least a few of his quotes don't actually exist... and he also relied on Table talk, which pretty much is fraudulent.

That may be, but Hitler was no more a Christian than Satan is...he proved that by his actions...

After its publication, the intellectually honest atheist will no longer be able to falsely maintain that Hitler was a Christian, while the intellectually honest Christian who cares about being precise will have to give a more nuanced response than “Hitler did not believe in God.” He did, but Hitler’s God was vastly unlike the God of Christianity.

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/...st-or-neither/

Second or third hand account. How do you know the guy didn't misrepresent himself?

It's won't change the fact that the vatican took in people to protect them that were Nazi's.

Yep, pretty much common knowledge...

Role of Catholic Church

Catholic historian E. I. Watkin wrote: “Painful as the admission must be, we cannot in the interest of a false edification or dishonest loyalty deny or ignore the historical fact that Bishops have consistently supported all wars waged by the government of their country. . . . Where belligerent nationalism is concerned they have spoken as the mouthpiece of Caesar.”

When Watkin said that bishops of the Catholic Church “supported all wars waged by the government of their country,” he included the wars of aggression waged by Hitler. As Roman Catholic professor of history at Vienna University, Friedrich Heer, admitted: “In the cold facts of German history, the Cross and the swastika came ever closer together, until the swastika proclaimed the message of victory from the towers of German cathedrals, swastika flags appeared round altars and Catholic and Protestant theologians, pastors, churchmen and statesmen welcomed the alliance with Hitler.”

Catholic Church leaders gave such unqualified support to Hitler’s wars that the Roman Catholic professor Gordon Zahn wrote: “The German Catholic who looked to his religious superiors for spiritual guidance and direction regarding service in Hitler’s wars received virtually the same answers he would have received from the Nazi ruler himself.”

That Catholics obediently followed the direction of their church leaders was documented by Professor Heer. He noted: “Of about thirty-​two million German Catholics​—fifteen and a half million of whom were men—​only seven [individuals] openly refused military service. Six of these were Austrians.” More recent evidence indicates that a few other Catholics, as well as some Protestants, stood up against the Nazi State because of religious convictions. Some even paid with their lives, while at the same time their spiritual leaders were selling out to the Third Reich.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101995604?q=catholic+church+and+hitler&p=sen

Back
Top Bottom