• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Catholics: Help Us Understand Your Theology

Hitler used Christianity for his own ends, anybody who knows anything about it knows that's true, what you are propounding here are nothing more than the same anti Christian talking points I have been hearing for too many years, I can't believe people still throw this around.

As far as atheism and communism, read the communist manifesto and tell me atheism had nothing to do with all of those deaths.

That's a convenient story, not supported by any evidence of any kind. This is what happens when emotions become more important than facts. Go ahead and come up with a direct quote from Hitler where he says he was using Christianity for his own ends. Go ahead. Because we can find lots of quotes, even those said in private to friends, where he said exactly the opposite. Just because you don't like the ramifications of reality doesn't stop it from being reality.

That's a convenient story, not supported by any evidence of any kind. This is what happens when emotions become more important than facts. Go ahead and come up with a direct quote from Hitler where he says he was using Christianity for his own ends. Go ahead. Because we can find lots of quotes, even those said in private to friends, where he said exactly the opposite. Just because you don't like the ramifications of reality doesn't stop it from being reality.

Really?

https://www.historyonthenet.com/was-hitler-a-christian

That's just one piece on it.

In Mein Kamph, Hitler's autobiography, He stated 'I am doing the Lord's work.' ( per his Roman Catholic religious upbringing )... not saying he actually believed that himself, but those are his words he wrote in his own autobiography.

In Mein Kamph, Hitler's autobiography, He stated 'I am doing the Lord's work.' ( per his Roman Catholic religious upbringing )... not saying he actually believed that himself, but those are his words he wrote in his own autobiography.

He said similar things many times, in speeches, in private, etc. While we can't know what was really going on in his head, we have to go with what he stated as the most reasonable representation of his positions. The religious hate that because it makes their side look bad, therefore they arbitrarily declare that somehow, they know Hitler's true intentions, just like they supposedly know what God really wants. They have no means whatsoever of showing how they know any of it.

He said similar things many times, in speeches, in private, etc. While we can't know what was really going on in his head, we have to go with what he stated as the most reasonable representation of his positions. The religious hate that because it makes their side look bad, therefore they arbitrarily declare that somehow, they know Hitler's true intentions, just like they supposedly know what God really wants. They have no means whatsoever of showing how they know any of it.

agreed...This dismissing of mass genocide based on sheer speculation, simply because the perpetrator claimed to be one of their own is intellectual dishonesty,

To hell with what the historians say, we know Hitler was Christian and Christians are Hitler.

You've lost any credibility you had. That article I posted was the first one I came to, it took seconds to find it. See for yourself.

And if that's the way you want it I will stand by my position that atheists are mass murderers, and Hitler was one of them.

Anyone who judges a person by another's actions is a fool...

To hell with what the historians say, we know Hitler was Christian and Christians are Hitler.

You've lost any credibility you had. That article I posted was the first one I came to, it took seconds to find it. See for yourself.

And if that's the way you want it I will stand by my position that atheists are mass murderers, and Hitler was one of them.

//// And if that's the way YOU want it //// So, by your own admission, your stated stances are not based on anything factual or provable, but your stances are based on what others post. That is rather odd to say the least, bizarre to say the most.

I'm not catholic, but from what I've witnessed (pun intended) the vast majority of all christians view JW's and Mormons as non-christians.

So the assumption would be they're just as "doomed" as the rest of us.

Hi everyone, I am Catholic and any person can be saved and get into heaven. However, if any person is saved, whether Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, atheist, agnostic, gay, straight, black blue or purple it is through the merits of the Catholic Church, which Jesus Himself founded. No one gets into heaven without Jesus. Hope this helps. God bless you!

Hi everyone, I am Catholic and any person can be saved and get into heaven. However, if any person is saved, whether Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, atheist, agnostic, gay, straight, black blue or purple it is through the merits of the Catholic Church, which Jesus Himself founded. No one gets into heaven without Jesus. Hope this helps. God bless you!

Duck and run! :bolt

I will point out that a lot of the information from 'reasons to disbelieve' come from the book 'table talk', which is badly translated , and also filtered through a very anti-Christian general who destroyed the original transcriptions.

I would check out Genoud, Heim & Picker’s “Table Talk”: A Study in Academic Fraud & Scandal by
Veronica Clark

You really need to grow up. Seriously.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but Catholics believe in what we call “baptism of desire.” This holds that a person who leads a righteous life, even tho he never heard of Jesus or his message, or even if s/he heard and rejected it, will be saved. It seems absurd to condemn a person for what they believe. The Church preached that “outside the Church there is no salvation,” but saw this expansively, and even excommunicated a priest, named Fr. Trendy I believe, for preaching the extreme version of that tenet. It seems to me that Luther overreacted to the abuses of the medieval Church, with his salvation thru faith position. Why would God care what we believe, so long as we live a righteous life?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but Catholics believe in what we call “baptism of desire.” This holds that a person who leads a righteous life, even tho he never heard of Jesus or his message, or even if s/he heard and rejected it, will be saved. It seems absurd to condemn a person for what they believe. The Church preached that “outside the Church there is no salvation,” but saw this expansively, and even excommunicated a priest, named Fr. Trendy I believe, for preaching the extreme version of that tenet. It seems to me that Luther overreacted to the abuses of the medieval Church, with his salvation thru faith position. Why would God care what we believe, so long as we live a righteous life?

Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” Acts 4:12

Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” Acts 4:12

What kind of egomaniac God would insist on that? Luke got it wrong.

//// And if that's the way YOU want it //// So, by your own admission, your stated stances are not based on anything factual or provable, but your stances are based on what others post. That is rather odd to say the least, bizarre to say the most.

Here we go again, stop trying to tell me what I think, you don't even know what you think.

I will point out that a lot of the information from 'reasons to disbelieve' come from the book 'table talk', which is badly translated , and also filtered through a very anti-Christian general who destroyed the original transcriptions.

I would check out Genoud, Heim & Picker’s “Table Talk”: A Study in Academic Fraud & Scandal by
Veronica Clark

It was only a matter of time....

It was only a matter of time....

For the truth to come out. I noticed you were unable to counter my source, from a legitimate journal, not conservapedia.

Do Catholics consider Mormons and J.Ws. to be saved Christians

i grew up Catholic. we wen't taught that protestant Christianity was anything but Christianity. if we were, i missed it.

I grew up Catholic and it was known that if your baptism didn’t take place in the Catholic Church - it was just a bath.

Here we go again, stop trying to tell me what I think, you don't even know what you think.

Do you see the irony and hypocracy in this post? If not, let me know, and I will be happy to very slowly walk you through it.

For the truth to come out. I noticed you were unable to counter my source, from a legitimate journal, not conservapedia.

No, it was only a matter of time before you to denounced any source I put forth. Because you are never wrong, you see, except for when you called History On The Net.com "Conservapedia". And I noticed you weren't able to counter MY source, considering the fact that you didn't know what it was.

Back
Top Bottom