• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadian national security task force is preparing for the collapse of the United States

US politics has become less about what is good for the country, and more about what is bad for the other side. Sticking it to the liberals, and making them upset is from what I can see an important part of any republican platform to get elected.

The idea of tax dollars being used to help people, especially people from outside that person's community drives many upset. Any sort of personal sacrifice to help improve, protect, keep healthy other people is an affront to their freedom. People are not willing to wear a mask for a few months when in public buildings, imagine asking them to support infrastructure that would not be built in their community.

America is failing because Americans do not care about other Americans. You can not run a democratic country when people view other citizens as the enemy.

The large number of mass shootings, is not the cause, it is a symptom. The reaction to them shows the decline.

America is not failing but I can see how some very left leaning, stuck up Canadians might think so.

Inflation is temporary, loss of democracy is permanent.
CPAC has just returned from Viktor Orban's Hungary, where Orban has JUST DECLARED a national emergency that grants him the ability to literally "issue law as he speaks it from his mouth".
Yes....LITERAL absolute dictatorial power.
There is a REASON WHY a major American political party took their convention TO Orban's dictatorship. It was a teachable moment, a How-to.
And Red Square Republicans CAN'T WAIT to implement it here.

President Gerald Ford -- Inflation hit 12.2% in late 1974, soon after he took office, nearly twice the annual pace of increase through November of last year.
Jimmy Carter -- inflation rate hit a record high of 14.6% in March and April of 1980.
---So both people from both parties tried, and still had to wait for the market to correct itself.
Don't make the mistake of electing Republicans to punish Dems for the free market.
Don't trade in democracy for a false promise of relief that will only come when the market self corrects.

The market will self correct. That's what it does. There was a two year inflationary spiral after our soldiers returned home from World War Two as well, pent up demand and new money chasing ramped down production and minimal resources.
This spiral is mostly due to the effects of the pandemic on resources, supply chains and production, all of which ramped down.
My point still stands, neither Republicans OR Democrats are going to be able to STOP an inflationary spiral until the market forces equalize themselves again, so punishing one party by electing the other accomplishes nothing but empty promises.
Spot crude oil prices remained high under Reagan until 1985.
Under Reagan, real working-class wages continued the declining trend that began in 1973.
Volcker's work resulted in stagflation thanks to crunching down the money supply.

Trading elections in the hopes that inflation will somehow MAGICALLY go away with the transfer of power is absurd.
And in THIS CASE, given the proclivities of today's Putin/Orban Republicans, it also translates into the end of the democratic process in this country FOREVER.

All countries have mentally ill people. Yet only this country has this insane gun violence. Stop this vapid, bullshit argument.

You repeat this tired horseshit because you simply have got no other argument to make.
You are right, every country has mentally ill people. Young people in every country are exposed to violent videos and movies. Every country has kids who are having a hard time fitting in socially or are bullied. However, only one country gives these young people easy access to guns either for purchase or in their own homes.

I'm sorry but I'm not changing my above argument for you. Tomorrow isn't looking any better.
Agree to disagree a part of your vocabulary?

Of course you're not going to change it. Rational thought and the ability to listen to common sense counter-arguments doesn't permeate the brains of Republicans.

If what you said was true about mental illness, there would be a lot more gun shootings all over the world. No country in the world approaches the U.S. gun murder totals, unless they are in the middle of a freaking war.

You're simply wrong, but just keep holding your breath about it like you always do.

Another leftist advocating for civil war.

You know how to stop it Democrats?

Go home and stop stirring the pot for it.
Ah-ha, ah-ha, ahhhh-hahaha

Of course you're not going to change it. Rational thought and the ability to listen to common sense counter-arguments doesn't permeate the brains of Republicans.

If what you said was true about mental illness, there would be a lot more gun shootings all over the world. No country in the world approaches the U.S. gun murder totals, unless they are in the middle of a freaking war.

You're simply wrong, but just keep holding your breath about it like you always do.
So agreeing to disagree isn’t your thing then..

Canadian national security task force is preparing for the collapse of the United States

The United States of America is backsliding on democracy to a very dangerous degree right now, more dangerous than Argentina or Mongolia.
Is this what Republicans want? This and war? Because they sure do sound like that's what they want, it's what they are spending money on, it's what they are speaking out of their mouths.

Yes or no? Because YES cannot be taken back, not ever.
If your people and your party cannot unequivocally DEMONSTRATE that they say "NO" then everyone else needs to accept the fact that you're preparing for both war and collapse, both
as "talking points" and as a matter of political contributions, as already proven by facts in evidence with the January 6 Committee, an organization that you WILL have to take seriously pretty soon.

Now the entire world knows without a doubt. Make your beds very carefully on that hill.
We have been sliding precipitously down the Freedom List since..... well since Fat Donnie arrived at the WH. Frankly we should have been sliding precipitously down the list long before that.

I would say from Tricky Dicky on we have been gradually sliding into oblivion even if the Freedom List did not reflect that. A big slide at Newt Gingrich and his absurd perspective in Legislative prerogative and a another big one at Bush 43. Then a whopper at Fat Donnie. I would have added a big slide at Ronny Rayguns. But he was just a garden variety GOP racist. No harm in that is there????

Tf you talking about? Democrats are destroying/have destroyed more of this nation, and what it is, than anyone else. Oh...and Canada can do exactly jack and shit on it's own, not that I expect them to do anything crazy. Also, those rankings are bullshit. The reality is that America has been the one holding democracy together around the globe for decades. Without the US there would be significantly less democracy today and if we did collapse there would be a drop in it, on a global level, right away.
democracy is rare...
democracy is hard...
if we lose democracy...
we will never get it back...
there will be no one to help us find it again...
-peace

What is democracy in simple words?
"Of the people, by the people, for the people" Abraham Lincoln.
The word democracy comes from the Greek words "demos", meaning people, and "kratos" meaning power;
so democracy can be thought of as the "power of the people":
a way of governing that depends on the will of the people.
State​
Certified?​
BidenVotes​
TrumpVotes​
OtherVotes​
Biden Share​
Trump...​
U.S. Total​
Yes​
81,282,916​
74,223,369​
2,891,441​
51.3%​
46.9%​

Last edited:
Another leftist advocating for civil war.

You know how to stop it Democrats?

Go home and stop stirring the pot for it.
LOL! How many decades have we been hearing from right wingers that aaaaanny day now they're gonna fight back against all that Democrat tyranny?

The most powerful nation on the planet run by folks who act like they are out of central casting from Idiocracy.

What could possibly go wrong?

democracy is hard...
democracy is rare...
if we lose democracy...
we will never get it back...
there will be no one to help us find it again...
-peace

I never say we can't never get it back - we can get it back. Some countries literally vacillate between authoritarianism and more liberalism every few years (hello, Thailand). But we probably won't get it back without some sort of cost, and that cost would be an America that is much weaker geopolitically - perhaps even fragmented into different breakaway republics.

My gut tells me we are headed toward some kind of political clash within the next 5-10 years, and there are myriad places to start this kind of discussion. I tend to think that our Constitution and our political system was made more for the 18th and 19th Centuries than for the 20th and 21st, which is ironic when one considers that the last 100 years has been the zenith of American power and prosperity.

But the Constitution reflects a framework that is on one hand will to 'experiment' with some form of self-governance but skeptical that we can do it. Our capitalist economic system has been skeptical of people power all along, which is why we've been a democracy of mostly aristocrats. I'd say that's clearly true today. I mean Peter Thiel, who wasn't even born in this country but made his mint here, has basically said he doesn't believe in democracy. I suspect he's just saying the quiet part out loud and loudly speaking for most of the billionaire class.

Most of us in the US were probably taught - dare I say indoctrinated - to believe that our system of checks and balances was a brilliant, necessary safeguard so that one ambitious branch wouldn't be able to overpower the others. But I think that characterization of what democracy should look like is wrong. For one thing, it incorrectly presupposes a kind of fatalism that portrays *all* or most democratically-elected as so ruthlessly competitive that there's no hope of reining them in except to create another branch of government to stop them - Leviathan thinking, I think. But it's also dangerous in that it simultaneously reassures American voters and gives them a false sense of security that our political system can be pulled, pried, torn, kicked, battered and that no matter what kinds of rotten scoundrels we elect to high office, and other branches will be there to protect us from ourselves, but at least the more educated among us are probably have a major rethink of that notion...if we're being smart.

I think our 18th & 19th Century-era political system is becoming hopelessly obsolete. We're going to see a clash between those who want to hold on to that 18th-19th Century system that trusts aristocrats more than democrats, and those who believe that there ought to be a government that represents the public interest. Throw in some climate-change induced scarcity and, well, this oughtta be fun.

The United States of America is backsliding on democracy to a very dangerous degree right now, more dangerous than Argentina or Mongolia.
Is this what Republicans want? This and war? Because they sure do sound like that's what they want, it's what they are spending money on, it's what they are speaking out of their mouths.

Yes or no? Because YES cannot be taken back, not ever.
If your people and your party cannot unequivocally DEMONSTRATE that they say "NO" then everyone else needs to accept the fact that you're preparing for both war and collapse, both
as "talking points" and as a matter of political contributions, as already proven by facts in evidence with the January 6 Committee, an organization that you WILL have to take seriously pretty soon.

Now the entire world knows without a doubt. Make your beds very carefully on that hill.
Oh please.

A Canadian professor at Royal Roads University warned a few months ago that the US could be under a right-wing dictator by 2030. It is possible that in such a scenario America might not be friendly toward Canada, given what would be a very divergent political and cultural environment.
I think it quite likely the U.S. could have a Republican president in 2024. I do think there could be and maybe already is a growing divergence politically between the countries.

I have a second citizenship from my Irish grand mother, If I could get a third citizenship from my grandfather I would.

By the time the nazis finally seize control, I'll be down in Costa Rica...
How about looking for a place with a guest room. Asking for a friend.

I think it quite likely the U.S. could have a Republican president in 2024. I do think there could be and maybe already is a growing divergence politically between the countries.
We've always been divergent, the gulf is simply becoming larger as the US toys with right wing extremism.

Not when you aren't even capable of making a coherent, well thought-out argument, which you obviously cannot do.

So again, agreeing to disagree isn't your thing then?

Bullshit. The OP specifically asked if Republicans wanted war.

It wasn't a rhetorical question. You couldn't even ****ing comprehend what he was writing and the problem isn't his writing. It's your reading comprehension. Don't attack someone's integrity unless you're sure you comprehend what someone else is writing.

We've always been divergent, the gulf is simply becoming larger as the US toys with right wing extremism.
I think the relationship between the countries has grown interesting. While you may have a view of the U.S. as toying with "right wing extremism", millions in the U.S. see Canada toying with the exact opposite of that. So, as you might view the gulf as only one of the two countries potentially moving a direction, I certainly don't see it that way.
Also, I see Canada as feeling almost a sense of arrogance and entitlement to actually think they have some sort of a say as to what political choices the U.S. makes and what leaders they choose. (I don't see the U.S. feeling that way, about Canada, in return.) And the left in Canada (and the majority in Canada is on the left) has chosen a "side". Canadians have become extremely bold in their criticisms and in inserting their nose in our business. So, here they are in a situation where, as an example, let's say Donald Trump becomes the next U.S. president - many in Canada have chosen to VERY outwardly display complete disdain for him and most of the Republican party. Imagine the situation that Canadian boldness has placed Canada in? That takes me all the way back to this comment of yours (below). Let's say Canada ends up feeling more isolated from the U.S. than in the past, with a larger gulf between us, with a less friendly relationship - maybe Canada should look in the mirror as to what kind of friend they've chosen to be with the U.S. and all of the U.S. - including the side which isn't "Canada's choice for the U.S." (to me that sounds insane but that's how rude and bold Canada has truly become). Canada makes its choices for its country and so does the U.S. Maybe Canada should think about what some of their actions could mean to their future - as the U.S. makes its choices for its country. If Canada chooses to hate a U.S. president and party which could very well be in leadership from time to time - do you think the feelings just might end up going both ways. How do you feel about people who hate you? Warm and friendly?
A Canadian professor at Royal Roads University warned a few months ago that the US could be under a right-wing dictator by 2030. It is possible that in such a scenario America might not be friendly toward Canada, given what would be a very divergent political and cultural environment.

Back
Top Bottom