• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadian controllers buy pizza for Americans

Says the unintelligent leftwing masses after firm indoctrination by their Democratic masters. But the people that actually know what works, THE BORDER PATROL, they say walls/fences absolutely work. Get that through your head.

lol, they know what works...

Get this through your head, border patrol isn't made up of geniuses that are pulling out their hair to yell the solution at us nimwits who are to ignorant to see.

It's hicks, saying hick ****, like all you other hicks are doing.

What border patrol really wants, is increased funding and manpower it would take to ensure the wall wasn't a huge waste of money.

Ever heard the expression throwing good money after bad?

Trying to make a bad investment worth it by spending more to shore up it's faults.

Border Patrol is smart enough to realize they are where the money will be spent to shore up the bad investment. So yeah, they are going to say whatever it takes to get that green.

Try a different route sparky. A retarded idea, is still retarded, no matter how many retards you get to agree with you.

The problem with that is the Democrat have not only voted for barriers but supported them in their speeches.

So because 23 Senate Democrats voted in 2006 for additional border fencing, Democrats are hypocrites for not supporting Trump's wall. By the same reasoning, since some Republicans in the past voted for programs like SCHIP, Republicans were hypocrites for not supporting the ACA.

Its $5 billion out of a $4.5 Trillion budget. In other words, its meaningless. But am I to assume that every penny of the other $4,495,000,000,000 we are going to spend this year is justified in your mind? Think of it as infrastructure. Think of the jobs that will be created. What ever happened to the 'multiplier effect' of government spending that you liberals loved when Obama was throwing around billions? This is 100% about Trump. Not the money.

$5 billion is meaningless eh? I'll try to remember that when we are talking about funding social programs. I'm sure your consistency will kick in to drop in and state the fact that $5 billion is meaningless. :lol:

Apparently the Democrats will not vote for a budget, even after Trump has made compromises.

Yes, when the things he compromises on are human decency and American values, in general.

You are right.
Any barrier can be circumvented.
However the very existence of a wall, makes a strong statement to those who would enter illegally.
Its a strong deterrent. Also, a wall makes it much more difficult for those bent on entering illegally. As you point out, they'd have to dig under or try their luck at proper crossings. That's a serious risk and also serves as a deterrent. So ya...a wall would not be full proof. But its a damn sight better than what there is now, and its what the people in a democratically held election...voted for. You do support democracy...don't you?

Jose: "I would've taken that tunnel or this ladder into the US but... it's the "statement" that's keeping me from doing it."

$5 billion is meaningless eh? I'll try to remember that when we are talking about funding social programs. I'm sure your consistency will kick in to drop in and state the fact that $5 billion is meaningless. :lol:

Its a lot of money to you and me, but meaningless in a $4.5 trillion budget. But what about the jobs that it will create and the multiplier effect? Do those things only happen and matter when liberals throw billions around?

Like I said, your bandwagon fallacy is nonsense.

Give me the study.

We all know the ass you're kissing.

You know I kiss my wife's ass? Wow I'll have to get new curtains.
You and all those who have said it, have made fools of yourselves by trying to insist "Walls don't work".
I don't expect you to stop saying it...but you should know that it sounds absolutely stupid...every time.

The petulant, whining, slobbering septagenarian occupying the white house ought to get a grip. The majority don't want you, or your wall, you steaming pile of offal. So stop acting like you have a "mandate."

Think you're in the wrong thread.

Thanks Canada!

Its a lot of money to you and me, but meaningless in a $4.5 trillion budget. But what about the jobs that it will create and the multiplier effect? Do those things only happen and matter when liberals throw billions around?

Yes. The wall would be built by Mexican immigrants no doubt

Canadian air traffic controllers have been buying pizza for American controllers in a show of support during the shutdown.
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/...fected-by-u-s-government-shutdown_a_23641079/

I know it is just a gesture and doesnt really help those not recieving paychecks but its a pretty darn nice one

Canada has always been there to support the U.S.A. It's not only because we share a border, there's ever-increasing close cultural, economical ties and similarities. Personally, I love Canada and its people and not only is Trump shattering our relationship with Canada but he's fracturing an entire international order that has served both countries well for centuries. The most unfortunate thing is that most Canadians know much more about the United States than the majority of people in the U.S. know about Canada. I happen to know quite a bit about Canada since my parents were of Canadian descent going back to the 1600's when there were just 1500 people in the entire country. I have been many times and if it weren't so damned cold in Montreal, that's where I'd be today.

Jose: "I would've taken that tunnel or this ladder into the US but... it's the "statement" that's keeping me from doing it."

Cool Rob. Are you gonna start being silly too?
Tell me...come on..."Walls don't work".
Say it...

So because 23 Senate Democrats voted in 2006 for additional border fencing, Democrats are hypocrites for not supporting Trump's wall. By the same reasoning, since some Republicans in the past voted for programs like SCHIP, Republicans were hypocrites for not supporting the ACA.

You're not a hypocrite if you refuse to patronize bigotry. Democrats never stooped to accusing all central American refugees of being rapists and murderers. That is the sort of hyperbole that the right wing employs when they're trying to sell fear.

If the GOP really wanted a wall, they'd have built one already. What they want is a perpetual fight while secretly employing illegals as nannies and gardners.

Yes. The wall would be built by Mexican immigrants no doubt

Then its a win-win. We want a wall, you want immigrants to come here to work. Its perfect.

The majority of Americans are uniformed dolts. Go ask them what they know about border security.

Interesting. Then by that token are those who support it who aren't on the border equally ignorant? It's also odd that the president pitched all sorts of ideas without doing his homework first; he wanted a concrete wall across the entire border which DHS/BP did not request.

You're not a hypocrite if you refuse to patronize bigotry. Democrats never stooped to accusing all central American refugees of being rapists and murderers. That is the sort of hyperbole that the right wing employs when they're trying to sell fear.

If the GOP really wanted a wall, they'd have built one already. What they want is a perpetual fight while secretly employing illegals as nannies and gardners.

Nobody ever said ALL.
But nice try anyway...:roll:

Look up the word mandate.

Mandate
the authority to carry out a policy or course of action, regarded as given by the electorate to a candidate or party that is victorious in an election.

You're welcome.

The Republicans had 2 years of total control that they could have used budget reconciliation with a simple majority to fund their wall. The Democrats could not have done anything about it.

Then its a win-win. We want a wall, you want immigrants to come here to work. Its perfect.

Trump is only interested in the kick-backs. I would be the biggest White Elephant in history. And a complete waste of money and both Republicans and Democrats in Congress know it. That's why the extortion using millions of Americans as hostages. Trump hates America and the Americans who live here.

The Republicans had 2 years of total control that they could have used budget reconciliation with a simple majority to fund their wall. The Democrats could not have done anything about it.

The Republicans didn't want it any more than the Democrats. It's a ludicrous symbol of a ludicrous President.

The Republicans didn't want it any more than the Democrats. It's a ludicrous symbol of a ludicrous President.

Can you imagine what history books will say about Trump and his cult of followers a hundred years from now?

Trump is only interested in the kick-backs. I would be the biggest White Elephant in history. And a complete waste of money and both Republicans and Democrats in Congress know it. That's why the extortion using millions of Americans as hostages. Trump hates America and the Americans who live here.

I don't believe Trump hates Americans, I just don't think he cares either way. Trump isn't a normal person, the majority of people in the world know this. He cares for one thing, himself. Perhaps he might have some sort of visceral twinge if Don Jr. or Kushner ended up in prison but as long as it wasn't himself, he would get over that twinge pretty quickly. He just doesn't posses the full spectrum of the emotional layers that a normal personality has.

Back
Top Bottom