• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadian controllers buy pizza for Americans

Apparently the Democrats will not vote for a budget, even after Trump has made compromises.

For 2 full years the Republicans controlled all of Washington. During that time they could have used budget reconciliation to give Trump all the money he wants for his wall and it would have only required a simple majority vote. The Democrats could not have done a damn thing about it. Yet the Republicans chose not to do so. So why is this the Democrats fault? Why are you not blaming Republicans for not giving you the wall you want when they had 2 years they could have used reconciliation to do so with a simple majority vote?

Only the ignoranl would say that border walls dont work. There have been numerous democrats who have said that in certain areas, walls work very well. Border agents say the same thing. Most of the democrats now opposing a wall have voted for it in the past. Your opposition is based on a single word: Trump. So you can stop pretending that you have anything but anger and hatred as your motive.

The single word my opposition is based on is : Taxes.

I've supported some of Trump's platform, so don't insist it's anger and hatred motivating me. That's a nonsensical argument based on a soundbyte. Parts of his platform I support are his trade policies and his (now changed) position on leaving the middle east and use of force; additionally, I agreed with his stance that cannabis was a states rights issue, and yet he chose sessions.

I don't want to pay for the wall. It's a waste of my money. I was told Mexico would pay for it.

How many american vets are housed by the wall? How many american kids does the wall feed every year?

Better yet, let's scrap the wall, solve the real problem and use those funds to house our vets and feed our kids.

It's america first, right?

Apparently the Democrats will not vote for a budget, even after Trump has made compromises.

You would think conservatives would be more upset that they aren't getting the big beautiful wall that Trump promised Mexico would pay for.

Why not stop wasting my money and do something that will actually solve the problem? The issue with the wall is that it's not only not effective, it can be scaled, but it also does not address the largest cause of gang violence in the US, smuggled drugs, which use tunnels and legal points of entry, in lieu of "unwalled" sections of the us border with Mexico.

I for one am pro-deportation of all illegals and, in my opinion, of an immediate change to "sanctuary" laws. I want this coupled with a drastic shift in US domestic and foreign policy surrounding drugs. Our foolish war on drugs has created massive cartels, criminal empires, that are raking in cash on american drug use, while fuelling the illicit immigration we see due to massive amounts of bloodshed.

Jail our employers that employ these illegals, deport all illegals, decriminalize all hard drugs and allow for domestic production, fully legalize cannabis, and let american entrepreneurs make our government wealthy through taxation of legal consumables that, no amount of criminalization will stop.

It's time for a big change.

Oh thou of the pentagram...

I agree with much of your rant here. However...to make the claim that walls don't work is...silly...and that's being kind.

THAT will take political will from all concerned. Yet, dozens of Democrats are partying in PR.

And Mitch left for Kentucky. We can both play this game.

And yes, it will take political will from all - that's what we ****ing elected them for, wasn't it? To solve issues like this?

Getting money out of politics would go a long way to allowing an objective approach to our issues in this nation.

Good for us Canucks!
It's nice to know that at least 1 of the North American nations has civil, rational people in it.

The majority of Americans are uniformed dolts. Go ask them what they know about border security.

Ad hominem duly noted. Your response is not an argument. Try again.

The single word my opposition is based on is : Taxes.

I've supported some of Trump's platform, so don't insist it's anger and hatred motivating me. That's a nonsensical argument based on a soundbyte. Parts of his platform I support are his trade policies and his (now changed) position on leaving the middle east and use of force; additionally, I agreed with his stance that cannabis was a states rights issue, and yet he chose sessions.

I don't want to pay for the wall. It's a waste of my money. I was told Mexico would pay for it.

How many american vets are housed by the wall? How many american kids does the wall feed every year?

Better yet, let's scrap the wall, solve the real problem and use those funds to house our vets and feed our kids.

It's america first, right?

Its $5 billion out of a $4.5 Trillion budget. In other words, its meaningless. But am I to assume that every penny of the other $4,495,000,000,000 we are going to spend this year is justified in your mind? Think of it as infrastructure. Think of the jobs that will be created. What ever happened to the 'multiplier effect' of government spending that you liberals loved when Obama was throwing around billions? This is 100% about Trump. Not the money.

You believe the "the wall or else" is evidence of willingness to negotiate or seriously compromise?

The majority of Americans are uniformed dolts. Go ask them what they know about border security.

I dont know that thats fair. I think there are many Americans un-effected by illegal immigration and, thus, dont see it as much of a problem. There are no illegal immigration issues where I live, so it is understandable that people in my area dont really care that much about a wall. It doesnt mean they are dumb.

Oh thou of the pentagram...

I agree with much of your rant here. However...to make the claim that walls don't work is...silly...and that's being kind.

Walls don't work when folks are smuggled under them with tunnels, or through legal points of entry in trucks and other things.

But you already knew that, amiright?

You believe the "the wall or else" is evidence of willingness to negotiate or seriously compromise?

The dollar number has been lowered by the WH, but Democrats are unmoved. It's appears it is they who will not negotiate.

You would think conservatives would be more upset that they aren't getting the big beautiful wall that Trump promised Mexico would pay for.

It's really funny how you've actually become a Democrat after all your bluster; and frankly I think that's who you've always been.

Its $5 billion out of a $4.5 Trillion budget. In other words, its meaningless. But am I to assume that every penny of the other $4,495,000,000,000 we are going to spend this year is justified in your mind? Think of it as infrastructure. Think of the jobs that will be created. What ever happened to the 'multiplier effect' of government spending that you liberals loved when Obama was throwing around billions? This is 100% about Trump. Not the money.

I'm not a liberal. You simply are shoeboxing me in your blind partisan subjectivity. I'd appreciate if you would stick to the topic instead of trying to use labels to distract from the discussion.

As for the budget. I never, have ever supported any budget that has included a single red cent of my tax dollars going to fund Israel, ME Adversaries, or other nations, when our own folks are homeless or starving, and that includes any Obama budget. I did not vote for Obama, in 2004 or 2008, so not entirely sure why you're bringing him up, except to appeal to hypocrisy. An appeal to hypocrisy is not an actual argument.

In another post you admitted it can be about "not the wall" -

I dont know that thats fair. I think there are many Americans un-effected by illegal immigration and, thus, dont see it as much of a problem. There are no illegal immigration issues where I live, so it is understandable that people in my area dont really care that much about a wall. It doesnt mean they are dumb.

However, in your blind subjectivity, you assume I am a liberal and that the sole reason I dislike the wall is Mr. Trump - and, that the Dims in the house are also "just out to get POTUS" essentially.

Point me to a study done showing the wall will help the situation. Show me some evidence. I reject the claim your wall will work - because the 700+ miles of wall currently there is not really working, now is it?

For 2 full years the Republicans controlled all of Washington. During that time they could have used budget reconciliation to give Trump all the money he wants for his wall and it would have only required a simple majority vote. The Democrats could not have done a damn thing about it. Yet the Republicans chose not to do so. So why is this the Democrats fault? Why are you not blaming Republicans for not giving you the wall you want when they had 2 years they could have used reconciliation to do so with a simple majority vote?

Are you really that sure about all the stuff you're saying. I hear this same thing over and over from the Left, like they got told to say it. The Senate was a real problem for the Reps before.

Walls don't work when folks are smuggled under them with tunnels, or through legal points of entry in trucks and other things.

But you already knew that, amiright?

You are right.
Any barrier can be circumvented.
However the very existence of a wall, makes a strong statement to those who would enter illegally.
Its a strong deterrent. Also, a wall makes it much more difficult for those bent on entering illegally. As you point out, they'd have to dig under or try their luck at proper crossings. That's a serious risk and also serves as a deterrent. So ya...a wall would not be full proof. But its a damn sight better than what there is now, and its what the people in a democratically held election...voted for. You do support democracy...don't you?

It's really funny how you've actually become a Democrat after all your bluster; and frankly I think that's who you've always been.

Yup you owned the libs so hard you forced me to become one. Congrats I guess? :roll:

Shouldn't you be calling for his resignation? He's lied about so damned much there's no point supporting him anymore.

The President is not a dictator. He has minority support - hence the massive shift in the house. No wall will be built without major concessions.

Hillary and the deluded democrats also mistakenly thought Trump only had minority support going into the 2016 election. They still do not get it. Democrats do not get to dictate democrat policy to the whole country. They must accept the fact that there may be quite a number of significant voters who disagree with them on some things.

Hillary and the deluded democrats also mistakenly thought Trump only had minority support going into the 2016 election. They still do not get it.

I don't care about Hillary or Dims. Not my perogative, so spare me the partisan re-hash from 3 years ago.

The dollar number has been lowered by the WH, but Democrats are unmoved. It's appears it is they who will not negotiate.

Open up the government and see if actual negotiations can occur.

Currently, he is just holding government workers hostage.

Open up the government and see if actual negotiations can occur.

Currently, he is just holding government workers hostage.

The govt doesn't need to be open to negotiate.

I don't care about Hillary or Dims. Not my perogative, so spare me the partisan re-hash from 3 years ago.

Democrats do not like people bringing up 'inconvenient truths' which have a direct bearing on their bad policies going forward.

You are right.
Any barrier can be circumvented.

Yes. And even in unwalled sections the cartels use tunnels. So a wall is not going to stop that.

However the very existence of a wall, makes a strong statement to those who would enter illegally.

So does drying up their employment opportunities by jailing explotative employers seeking to undermine the market value of labor and profiteer. They will self deport if we start holding these folks accountable for robbing americans of job opportunities. Wasn't that one of the biggest issues? Jobs for americans?

Its a strong deterrent. Also, a wall makes it much more difficult for those bent on entering illegally. As you point out, they'd have to dig under or try their luck at proper crossings. That's a serious risk and also serves as a deterrent. So ya...a wall would not be full proof. But its a damn sight better than what there is now, and its what the people in a democratically held election...voted for. You do support democracy...don't you?

Our system is not democratic. We're a republic. And I do support democracy as well as federalism. The democrats took the house, their constituency does not want the wall. You support a democratic election, right? If so, then you ought to support the dims stance on the wall, since their constituency doesn't want to pay for it - and I support that cause.

Trump winning the election does not mean his agenda is supported by the "country."

Yup you owned the libs so hard you forced me to become one. Congrats I guess? :roll:

Doesn't make me no never mind what you are. It's just silly that you keep parading around like a GOPer.

Back
Top Bottom