• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can trans-genders cash in on set asides?

Sorry...but in consideration of the 58 (and counting) distinct gender types, expecting someone that is, say...gender fluid or two spirit or gender questioning to formalize a status as to a specific gender regardless of biological sexual identity, would be a horrible burden and not a little bit bigoted. And all of this just to prevent a deserving soul from accessing scholarship or benefit meant for women? Shame.
Please tell me you're being facetious?

If not, I'll reply by saying we currently have legal gender identity, and if we insist on giving gender benefits and other preferential gender treatment, we're going to have to find some way to nail down identity for legal purposes.

Sorry

Not being a sarcastic ass, though I can be at times lol

I do not understand the post, can you clarify for this old dog?

Sure, I think it is only a matter of time before some men combine trans-gender considerations with monetary benefits set aside for women to legally scam money off the government.

Here's the law in Illinois.

• Restrooms: As a general rule, you can use the restroom consistent with your gender identity. If confronted, you are not obligated to produce identification to prove your gender, and you are protected by public accommodations laws in Illinois.

Transgender « Equality Illinois
We're speaking of minority set-aside contracts here, Grant. I'm not sure of what you're trying to convey in this post.

Maybe it is time to eliminate all set asides specifically for women. Solve the whole problem.
Or the government can provide all its citizens with Depends and eliminate the need for bathrooms altogether.

Please tell me you're being facetious?

If not, I'll reply by saying we currently have legal gender identity, and if we insist on giving gender benefits and other preferential gender treatment, we're going to have to find some way to nail down identity for legal purposes.
Im actually not at all being facetious. There is absolutely ZERO recognizable standard that defines and confines individuals to these ridiculous gender variants. In short...if a guy says today he feels like a woman there is absolutely no way for you to disprove it and they have created enough categories to absolutely shelter such a farce.

Thats what happens when we are so desperate to create 'normal' that we completely lose sight of reality. But like it or not that IS our reality.

Thats very narrow minded of you.

"Gender fluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender which varies over time. A gender fluid person may at any time identify as male, female, neutrois, or any other non-binary identity, or some combination of identities. Their gender can also vary at random or vary in response to different circumstances."
I'm not talking about being gender fluid. I'm talking about how gender dysphoria works.

Should transgender people have to like present medical papers or something, so things like that won't happen?
Well, to satisfy the requirements to receive minority set-aside contracts one must prove their minority group legally.

I'm saying there has to be a legal mechanism to declare identity.

How do you recommend this be done?

Or the government can provide all its citizens with Depends and eliminate the need for bathrooms altogether.

If you're over 65, that's called Medicare. I guess looking forward to that is better than the alternative. Your post is a reminder that being ABLE to use a bathroom is something to be grateful for!

I'm not talking about being gender fluid. I'm talking about how gender dysphoria works.
What you are talking about is irrelevant in an era where there has been a concerted effort to eliminate any and all standards of gender definition. Simply claiming a self identified 'gender fluid' individual 'suffers' from dysphoria marginalizes them. How dare you imply they are somehow disordered?

Sorry...this IS the crazy train that has been set in motion. Your conductor will be along shortly to punch your tickets. Be nice to him. He is a lizard.
92.jpg

Im actually not at all being facetious. There is absolutely ZERO recognizable standard that defines and confines individuals to these ridiculous gender variants. In short...if a guy says today he feels like a woman there is absolutely no way for you to disprove it and they have created enough categories to absolutely shelter such a farce.

Thats what happens when we are so desperate to create 'normal' that we completely lose sight of reality. But like it or not that IS our reality.
Thanks for clearing that up, you had me lost there.

Like it or not though, it's here and we've got to deal with it. I don't see anyway around this but to make some legal standards, or this is going to continue to snowball.

Well, to satisfy the requirements to receive minority set-aside contracts one must prove their minority group legally.

I'm saying there has to be a legal mechanism to declare identity.

How do you recommend this be done?
I honestly have no ****ing clue. Maybe a ID card perhaps?

Thanks for clearing that up, you had me lost there.

Like it or not though, it's here and we've got to deal with it. I don't see anyway around this but to make some legal standards, or this is going to continue to snowball.
The extremists are doing everything in their power to NOT create a legal standard. I completely agree...its lunacy and it is causing people to mutilate themselves and even die...but it is the silly game which they themselves have created.

What you are talking about is irrelevant in an era where there has been a concerted effort to eliminate any and all standards of gender definition. Simply claiming a self identified 'gender fluid' individual 'suffers' from dysphoria marginalizes them. How dare you imply they are somehow disordered?

Sorry...this IS the crazy train that has been set in motion. Your conductor will be along shortly to punch your tickets. Be nice to him. He is a lizard.
View attachment 67201244

This is not simply a claim. And once again I am not talking about gender fluid individuals. I am talking about transgender people. Gender dysphoria is a real condition that transgender people do actually suffer from. And trans people identifying as the respective gender they choose to identify as, along with certain specific treatments helps to alleviate their condition.

This is not simply a claim. And once again I am not talking about gender fluid individuals. I am talking about transgender people. Gender dysphoria is a real condition that transgender people do actually suffer from. And trans people identifying as the respective gender they choose to identify as, along with certain specific treatments helps to alleviate their condition.
by saying 'their condition' you have labelled them as being disordered. Perhaps they dont 'suffer' from the dysphoric state. Perhaps they accept and celebrate it.

Regardless...dysphoria was not what was being discussed...and gender fluid is certainly the state Chomsky was defining (whether he meant to or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
"Right now I feel like a girl, but next week I might not"! [gender fluid]

Your reply
"That's not even how trans people work, dude. They don't just fluctuate constantly between what gender they choose to identify as."

I honestly have no ****ing clue. Maybe a ID card perhaps?
Sorry I didn't give a deeper reply earlier, but I'm inundated in this thread!

Yeah, but I think it's going to have to involve the birth cert, or an addendum doc attached to it - which I think would work. That's the ticket to the DMV for a license or state I/D.

And in my opinion, the documentation has to be rigorous enough, and require enough burden of proof, that it shows a reasonable assurance of gender identity, yet not interfere with one's Constitutional rights.

Yeah, but I think it's going to have to involve the birth cert, or an addendum doc attached to it - which I think would work. That's the ticket to the DMV for a license or state I/D.

And in my opinion, the documentation has to be rigorous enough, and require enough burden of proof, that it shows a reasonable assurance of gender identity, yet not interfere with one's Constitutional rights.

Well if that isn't a gift with a big bow on it for trial attorneys.

by saying 'their condition' you have labelled them as being disordered. Perhaps they dont 'suffer' from the dysphoric state. Perhaps they accept and celebrate it.

Well it's considered a mental condition, not a disorder. But whether it should or should not be considered a mental disorder is still being debated within the medical community.

Trans people won't suffer greatly from their condition if they have gotten the proper treatment and are not ostracized in society. I'm pretty sure they accept their condition but they most certainly don't celebrate it.

Regardless...dysphoria was not what was being discussed...and gender fluid is certainly the state Chomsky was defining

No he was talking about scammers trying to pretend to be transgender.

I agree.

"Right now I feel like a girl, but next week I might not"!

That's not even how trans people work, dude. They don't just fluctuate constantly between what gender they choose to identify as.

Don't call him a dude. :roll:

He might feel like a woman at the moment.

This is such a strawman. Trans people just don't do this, and laws protecting trans people don't allow for that.

That's not even how trans people work, dude. They don't just fluctuate constantly between what gender they choose to identify as.

These are both true. On the other hand, this thread is about gender fluid people, in addition to trans people.

These are both true. On the other hand, this thread is about gender fluid people, in addition to trans people.
I just figured that out. I didn't read the OP. But the title for the thread is somewhat misleading.

I intended this thread to cover any avenue that would make the scam work.

Don't call him a dude. :roll:

He might feel like a woman at the moment.
Actually, I'm doing so much left-brain/right-brain flipping around in this thread, I am feeling a bit ... confused! :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom