• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the left and right even converse at this point?

All righty then, I guess there's no reason to answer your disingenuous questions, then.
Your complaint is with the GOP. They dont want a special prosecutor....or they would have already said they do.

Facts are facts

This is over. Move toward acceptance

IMO, one side can't communicate with the other because dems and never-Trumpers are authoritarians and never negotiate or compromise.
How nice just to always be able to blame the other side. LOL

Trumpers are fascists.

Hey.....this is easy!

How can anyone even reason with right wing folks right now? They are brainwashed and believe far right websites over major news sources that have actual investigative reporters that go out and verify facts. Look at the far right people on this forum if you want an example!

How nice just to always be able to blame the other side. LOL

Trumpers are fascists.

Hey.....this is easy!
According to the new fangled and relativistic from a progressive point of view definition of fascism (and totalitarianism), one has to be authoritarian to be fascist. Since Trump isn't authoritarian and all dems are authoritarian, there's more of a chance all dems are fascist and Trump isn't.:rolleyes:

According to the new fangled and relativistic from a progressive point of view definition of fascism (and totalitarianism), one has to be authoritarian to be fascist. Since Trump isn't authoritarian and all dems are authoritarian, there's more of a chance all dems are fascist and Trump isn't.:rolleyes:
Trump is a fascist.

I have spoken.

Remember....all you need are feelz. LOL

You only need hard facts when Trump contests elections.:rolleyes:
You don't seem to need hard facts for anything. You support a liar and parrot the lies, making you a liar. I don't need to engage with liars anymore because it's over.

You don't seem to need hard facts for anything. You support a liar and parrot the lies, making you a liar. I don't need to engage with liars anymore because it's over.

I want to find a Trump supporter on this forum--or any other, for that matter--who knows how to argue their political positions intelligently.

The discussions around here are so imbalanced.

How can anyone even reason with right wing folks right now? They are brainwashed and believe far right websites over major news sources that have actual investigative reporters that go out and verify facts. Look at the far right people on this forum if you want an example!

Another thing is that in the last several years, they have expressed such bewilderment and suspicion about reporters having confidential sources.

One, how did they not ever know about that before? Newspapers have been doing that as long as I've been alive.

Two, why the sudden suspicion over it? How has anything changed?

Three, why do they seem incapable of wrapping their minds around the several obvious rationales for having confidential sources?

They whipsaw between naivete about things they knew before and a know-it-all confidence about transparently silly stories.

I want to find a Trump supporter on this forum--or any other, for that matter--who knows how to argue their political positions intelligently.

The discussions around here are so imbalanced.
Their only philosophy is to say we're not lying, you are!, in spite of hard, provable facts, like the Trump election fraud cases continually getting thrown out of court. I've got one nitwit on here who keeps asking me if I'm still lying, even though I have things like the Pennsylvania Supreme Court as a source of information they obviously can't deal with. "Duuuuh, you still lying?" FFS! 🤣

Their only philosophy is to say we're not lying, you are!, in spite of hard, provable facts, like the Trump election fraud cases continually getting thrown out of court. I've got one nitwit on here who keeps asking me if I'm still lying, even though I have things like the Pennsylvania Supreme Court as a source of information they obviously can't deal with. "Duuuuh, you still lying?" FFS! 🤣

If a Trump supporter started off with a firm grip on reality, saying, "Yes, I know Trump lies a lot, and yes, he shouldn't have downplayed the virus, and yes, we should've had a competent national response, and yes, it was dumb to politicize mask wearing, but despite all of those mistakes, I support the Republican party because of [abortion . . . etc.]," then I could at least understand that I wouldn't have to run around stomping out fantasy-based brushfires with this guy.

"And yeah, clearly, when Trump announced that there would be a rigged election weeks before the actual election, and then afterward he claimed that the election was rigged, that should have raised the suspicions of even the dumbest of Trump supporters . . ."

But it's as if because they're on Trump's team, they have to accept the absolute dumbest justifications.

And of course, the overall goal is to defeat the evil libs, because without the evil libs, they can't truly be victims.

If a Trump supporter started off with a firm grip on reality, saying, "Yes, I know Trump lies a lot, and yes, he shouldn't have downplayed the virus, and yes, we should've had a competent national response, and yes, it was dumb to politicize mask wearing, but despite all of those mistakes, I support the Republican party because of [abortion . . . etc.]," then I could at least understand that I wouldn't have to run around stomping out fantasy-based brushfires with this guy.

"And yeah, clearly, when Trump announced that there would be a rigged election weeks before the actual election, and then afterward he claimed that the election was rigged, that should have raised the suspicions of even the dumbest of Trump supporters . . ."

But it's as if because they're on Trump's team, they have to accept the absolute dumbest justifications.

And of course, the overall goal is to defeat the evil libs, because without the evil libs, they can't truly be victims.

The base isn't alone. They have sitting Representatives and Senators that are allowing the lies to go on and on! And Mitch McConnell keeps getting re-elected though he keeps lying to his constituents. The real problem has to be that the constituents don't mind.:eek:

How about a reason for the Senate not proceeding with a special prosecution into the 2020 election is because the Electoral College hasn't certified a winner for the 2020 presidential election?

Why would they need to wait?

I know who you are talking about! LOL

How can the investigation into the 2016 election be off topic when that 2016 election investigation was over the freeness and fairness of the 2016 election? For that matter, why did you condone that 2016 election investigation to continue w/o any evidence of the 2016 election being not free nor not fair but you demand evidence of the lack of freeness and fairness of the 2020 election before an investigation can continue? :rolleyes:
Support your claims. Stop trying to avoid it by diversion. If you support your claims, you can link them directly to commonalities OR failures from 2016 as examples to support your statement that it's not off-topic.

Why would they need to wait?
They don't know the outcome of the 2020 presidential election? Do I need to draw you a picture?

Support your claims. Stop trying to avoid it by diversion. If you support your claims, you can link them directly to commonalities OR failures from 2016 as examples to support your statement that it's not off-topic.
Stop sweating so much.

Two plus two still equals four.
In other words, an inquiry into the Trump administration's complicity with Russia in the 2016 election equals investigating the freeness and fairness of the 2016 election.:rolleyes:

Stop sweating so much.

Two plus two still equals four.
In other words, an inquiry into the Trump administration's complicity with Russia in the 2016 election equals investigating the freeness and fairness of the 2016 election.:rolleyes:
Not according to the gop who dont want a special prosecutor now like they did then

Not according to the gop who dont want a special prosecutor now like they did then
I'm not the head of the GOP. I more a representative of more libertarianism in American gov't and libertarianism is at all time low in American gov't, right now, with the election of the authoritarian Biden, for example.

I'm not the head of the GOP. I more a representative of more libertarianism in American gov't and libertarianism is at all time low in American gov't, right now, with the election of the authoritarian Biden, for example.
Yes. The people have spoken....they dont seem to want libertarianism

Yes. The people have spoken....they dont seem to want libertarianism
Talk about an oxymoron...The people of the US don't seem to want libertarianism. You realize you just posted that Americans seem to want to be ruled by king-like figures?:ROFLMAO:

Talk about an oxymoron...The people of the US don't want libertarianism. You realize you just posted that Americans want to be ruled by king-like figures?:ROFLMAO:
The people do not want a libertarian candidate. Which is why we have exactly zero libertarian party politicians in all of congress

Back
Top Bottom