• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can the left and right even converse at this point?

We can argue over policy, and not intentions, when you stop worshiping cartoon con men like Trump and stop listening to media that is designed to warp your mind (basically what Bannon has admitted to). We can't discuss policy because we don't live in the same reality. Your guys are listening to Rudy Giuliani and that lady who outlined a plan to literally steal the election. Even Chris Christie knows the jig is up.

The problem is both parties believe that when they win an election by one vote they have a mandate to shove their values down 100% of the population. Compromise only means forcing the other side to do things your way.

LOL. Wait'll the Russian Mafia money laundering through Trump properties comes up in court.
You only need hard facts when Trump contests elections.:rolleyes:

Is that English? I dont even know what you are asking? Are you asking why the gop did that?
My point is there hasn't been a special counsel appointed by the Senate to investigate the 2020 election because the Electoral College hasn't certified a presidential winner for 2020, yet. Do you need a further explain of the Electoral College in American presidential elections?

My point is there hasn't been a special counsel appointed by the Senate because the Electoral College hasn't certified a presidential winner for 2020, yet. Do you need a further explain of the Electoral College in American presidential elections?
Why wait until then? No requirement to wait

Are you saying a special prosecutor will be appointed then?

Say that...I want it on the record

According to the gop. Lol
Do you think the Steele Dossier was hard facts? Do you think the testimony of some American ambassadors to The Ukraine were hard facts?:rolleyes:

Salut, Dans La Rue:

In all fairness, try having a reasonable discussion with a crusading, anti-capitalist, anarchistic, non-binary, non-linear thinking, meme-wielding, environmental activist/zealot about state policy regarding just about anything. There's not a lot of common ground there for a meeting of the realities, let alone the minds. Unless you immediately and unconditionally capitulate to "their" demands to define and redefine the terms of the issue, almost no civil debate is possible.

Apologies in advance if my example offends some, but in truth I have had this exact discussion several times before. We need a modern Rosetta Stone sometimes to translate between people in the same community.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
For a truly constuctive political discussion , common ground is not desirable. Common ground makes your brain apathetic. If you want someone to conter anything you say with I agree, you can pretape that answer. Diversity on the other hand, makes you think through your arguments and beliefs . Even if you stick to your initial convictions, diversity developes you.

But this hate, these conspirity theories, it wears you out and makes you dumber (and me to). There are no arguments or political convictions in them.

Do you think the Steele Dossier was hard facts? Do you think the testimony of some American ambassadors to The Ukraine were hard facts?:rolleyes:
The gop did. They appointed the special prosecutor

Who is calling for one now? Name them

Why wait until then? No requirement to wait

Are you saying a special prosecutor will be appointed then?

Say that...I want it on the record
If the GOP hold the Senate, yes, there'll be an investigation into the 2020 presidential election and election reform, in general, will also be investigated in the Senate.

Some Trump supporters liked to say, "The day after the election, Covid will disappear."

I guess they forgot they said that.

If the GOP hold the Senate, yes, there'll be an investigation into the 2020 presidential election and election reform, in general, will also be investigated in the Senate.
An investigation by who? A special prosecutor? Where do you get this information? Who has called for that?

They should also investigate the Bigfoot issue.

It has never been investigated.

Why is Obama's Deep State ignoring Bigfoot?

The gop did. They appointed the special prosecutor

Who is calling for one now? Name them
Unlike the other major political party in the US, the GOP didn't care if the GOP candidate won the election for president in 2016. The GOP is concerned with any allegations of elections not being free and fair.

Unlike the other major political party in the US, the GOP didn't care if the GOP candidate won the election. The GOP is concerned with any allegations of elections not being free and fair.
That's nice. Give me a name.

Name a senator that is calling for a special prosecutor.

Or is this just a feeling?

My crystal ball isn't working.
Got it.

So no one.

I can name half a dozen gop senators who called for a special prosecutor in 2016.

This is just your feelz

Some Trump supporters liked to say, "The day after the election, Covid will disappear."

I guess they forgot they said that.
I can guess some Trump supporters would say that Covid would be over by the end of the election because the reason to get rid of Trump (the Covid scare) wouldn't be necessary if Trump were defeated.

I can guess some Trump supporters would say that Covid would be over by the end of the election because the reason to get rid of Trump (the Covid scare) wouldn't be necessary if Trump were defeated.

Well, of course.

Got it.

So no one.

I can name half a dozen gop senators who called for a special prosecutor in 2016.

This is just your feelz
You asked me why a special prosecutor hasn't been named in the Senate to investigate the 2020 presidential election. I gave you the answer. Then you asked my opinion if there will be a special prosecutor investigation in the Senate over the 2020 presidential election. I gave you my opinion that, if the Senate is still controlled by GOPs, there'll be a special prosecutor investigation into the 2020 presidential election.

You asked me why a special prosecutor hasn't been named in the Senate to investigate the 2020 presidential election. I gave you the answer. Then you asked my opinion if there will be a special prosecutor investigation in the Senate over the 2020 presidential election. I gave you my opinion that, if the Senate is still controlled by GOPs, there'll be a special prosecutor investigation into the 2020 presidential election.
Based on your feelings. Got it.

I think by then trump will have been charged and facing trial in New York. I don't need evidence.

I have my feelings. Lol

Why do you bring up that some Trump supporters said there won't be Covid after the election if of course?

To give an example why one side can't communicate with the other. Cognitive dissonance gets overused, but in some cases it is the answer.

Based on your feelings. Got it.

I think by then trump will have been charged and facing trial in New York. I don't need evidence.

I have my feelings. Lol
All righty then, I guess there's no reason to answer your disingenuous questions, then.

To give an example why one side can't communicate with the other. Cognitive dissonance gets overused, but in some cases it is the answer.
IMO, one side can't communicate with the other because dems and never-Trumpers are authoritarians and never negotiate or compromise.

EDIT; Sing this to the Toyota commercial jingle: People want it, people got it. Divided government.

Back
Top Bottom