• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can a free country like USA produce a good leader

He kept us safe for seven and a half years when everyone thought we'd be hit again after 9/11.

A wife beater who stops beating his wife in October is still a wife beater.

The USA continually produces excellent leaders. The best ones stay in the private sector, so our government ends up with the dregs.
It's too bad they're not quite excellent enough to avoid dependency on the government through measures such as massive corporate welfare, strategic bankruptcies and bailouts...

It's too bad they're not quite excellent enough to avoid dependency on the government through measures such as massive corporate welfare, strategic bankruptcies and bailouts...

That's precisely what makes them evil ****ing geniuses.

That's precisely what makes them evil ****ing geniuses.
Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation.
Howard Scott

We are a first world country with one of the highest per capita incomes. Las Vegas Sands wouldnt have invested $5 billion here under the leadership of babysitters.

And China is a world Superpower. How you suppose that that relates to liberty is still obscure to me.

And China is a world Superpower. How you suppose that that relates to liberty is still obscure to me.

Too much liberty and u have trigger happy mavericks going on a rampage.

Is that too much liberty, or is that too little responsibility on the part of others? The majority of these incidents have involved minors and other students, if I recall correctly, who have both fewer liberties than adult members of our society and who have fewer responsibilities to keep them engaged in society.

There are far fewer of these cases when the killer is responsible for other people, and it is my belief that being stopped and challenged by responsible family members would eliminate all but the most isolated of these cases.

Too much liberty and u have trigger happy mavericks going on a rampage.

I'll take the wild west over an Orwellian dystopia any day.

I'll take the wild west over an Orwellian dystopia any day.
Most of the hangings in Singapore are for non-violent "offenses."

yes, but the people are not likely to vote for him or her because they might not be as charasmatic as an Obama or Bush.

Most of the hangings in Singapore are for non-violent "offenses."

If you wanna wipe out the drug menace, seriel killlings, murders, rampaging, then hang them all and USA will be a safer country like Singapore.

If you wanna wipe out the drug menace, seriel killlings, murders, rampaging, then hang them all and USA will be a safer country like Singapore.

No. In a safer country you could sell marijuana without getting killed for it. You think that just because a death is caused by big brother it doesn't count as death?

No. In a safer country you could sell marijuana without getting killed for it. You think that just because a death is caused by big brother it doesn't count as death?

Hanging crimnals is not as bad as killing 100s of 1000s of innocent civilians.

I'd say that depends entirely on what you call a criminal and how many of them you hang.

Hanging crimnals is not as bad as killing 100s of 1000s of innocent civilians.

I don't recall advocating killing 100s of 1000s of innocent civilians.

Obviously nobody in USA will recall the wiping out of nations on the pretext of installing a democracy and then rebuilding the country enriching some americans while millions of americans are starving.

I find your non-sequitur deflection uninteresting. Governments killing civilians is bad. Governments using their military power to benefit a select few at the expense of taxpayers is also bad. If you ask me, governments in general are bad. I am not completely convinced that they are unnecessary, but I certainly don't have to like them. People starving is also bad. None of this has anything to do with the conversation.

I just want you to explain to me, how Singapore is "safe." Are people who smoke marijuana in Singapore in no danger at all? If I walk down the street, chewing gum and offering some to local children, will I be in no danger of any kind of physical assault? Will they?

You talk about our chewing gums when you have a massive debt of $12T, high unemployment rates, economic and financial meltdown, 2 wars going on and a 3rd war looming. :rofl

You talk about our chewing gums when you have a massive debt of $12T, high unemployment rates, economic and financial meltdown, 2 wars going on and a 3rd war looming.

How do you consider yourself even remotely on topic? You are deflecting again. What does any of that have to do with individual liberty?

How do you consider yourself even remotely on topic? You are deflecting again. What does any of that have to do with individual liberty?

Lets talk abt liberty now. Come and invade us like what you did in Iraq and Afghanistan and then install democracy and freedom. LMAO.

Your thinking is myopic. You can't be imposing on others and no system of government is perfect. Your system maybe good for you but may not be good for us or others. Systems are like software and nobody can copy. If you copy you will fail.

You talk about our chewing gums when you have a massive debt of $12T, high unemployment rates, economic and financial meltdown, 2 wars going on and a 3rd war looming. :rofl

Tell ya what...

You go down to... oh what's that hotel that invented the Singapore Sling? Loved it, great time there btw, and you hold up a sign protesting your government's abuses of human rights.

I'll go down to the Federal Court House here in town and hold up a sign for an hour protesting MY government.

Let's see which of us is free tomorrow.

Tell ya what...

You go down to... oh what's that hotel that invented the Singapore Sling? Loved it, great time there btw, and you hold up a sign protesting your government's abuses of human rights.

I'll go down to the Federal Court House here in town and hold up a sign for an hour protesting MY government.

Let's see which of us is free tomorrow.

For your info there are 10s of 1000s of americans who live and work here. They all have a choice - abide by our laws or leave the country.

Back
Top Bottom