• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can a free country like USA produce a good leader

Obama was touting freedom in China during his visit last week. He made a fool of himself.

For your info there are 10s of 1000s of americans who live and work here. They all have a choice - abide by our laws or leave the country.

Nice how you ignored that completely.

You afraid of protesting your government? I wonder why? :roll:

Nice how you ignored that completely.

You afraid of protesting your government? I wonder why? :roll:

You must be out of your mind. I am happy with the govt here.

Being a leader is a demanding job, but it becomes more complicated with the additional demands we place upon leadership that extend more towards being the proper public figure than one who knows policy and how to implement it.

Being a leader is a demanding job, but it becomes more complicated with the additional demands we place upon leadership that extend more towards being the proper public figure than one who knows policy and how to implement it.

Thanks for steering the thread back to relevence. OK guys state your views pls.

Lets talk abt liberty now. Come and invade us like what you did in Iraq and Afghanistan and then install democracy and freedom. LMAO.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner. I have no interest in supporting imperialism.

Seriously now, are you denying that Singapore has less individual liberty? You've traded your freedom for a sense of security, which is like trading a Tesla for a Pinto.

Your thinking is myopic. You can't be imposing on others and no system of government is perfect. Your system maybe good for you but may not be good for us or others. Systems are like software and nobody can copy. If you copy you will fail.

Perhaps if you read my posts, rather than reading into them, you would have a more accurate perception of my thinking.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner. I have no interest in supporting imperialism.

Seriously now, are you denying that Singapore has less individual liberty? You've traded your freedom for a sense of security, which is like trading a Tesla for a Pinto.

Watch this video: :rofl
G20 2009: Police Attack Students at University of Pittsburgh
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etv8YEqaWgA"]YouTube- G20 2009: Police Attack Students at University of Pittsburgh[/ame]

You must be out of your mind. I am happy with the govt here.

I didn't ask if you were happy, I said let's both go out and Protest our own Governments. You're on this freedom Liberty kick, and we both know I'll come home after standing around with my sign and you'll be in a prison praying they don't hang you.

But hey, you're happy right?

BTW, I do have two serious complaints with Singapore living.

1. We went and saw Tomb Raider while there, and they made us PICK OUR SEATS. WTF was that man?

2. I can't believe I had to pay for TP in the mall restroom. Seriously... a little old lady was sitting at the doorway, and I had to pay to use it, and pay for the TP.

That was wack man, wack.

I didn't ask if you were happy, I said let's both go out and Protest our own Governments. You're on this freedom Liberty kick, and we both know I'll come home after standing around with my sign and you'll be in a prison praying they don't hang you.

But hey, you're happy right?

BTW, I do have two serious complaints with Singapore living.

1. We went and saw Tomb Raider while there, and they made us PICK OUR SEATS. WTF was that man?

2. I can't believe I had to pay for TP in the mall restroom. Seriously... a little old lady was sitting at the doorway, and I had to pay to use it, and pay for the TP.

That was wack man, wack.
You don't pick your seats. The seat No is indicated on the ticket.
Noting is free here and TP for you is so cheap like US$0.2 here

That is a nice video. It filled me with warm fuzzy feelings. Could you please follow it with some sort of point connecting it to the conversation? Is it your assertion that the protesters would have been treated better had they been protesting the government in Singapore?

Did you hear the guy in the background shouting for freedom?

Did you hear the guy in the background shouting for freedom?

Can't say as it was memorable, but I can certainly imagine someone shouting something of the sort.

Did you hear the sound of one hand clapping?

Can't say as it was memorable, but I can certainly imagine someone shouting something of the sort.

Did you hear the sound of one hand clapping?

The video sums it all and this thread is closed now.

The video sums it all and this thread is closed now.

Sure. I can totally see how the video of police attempting to disperse a protest demonstrates beyond a doubt that only enslaved countries can produce good leaders.

That was sarcasm by the way.

Bush was fooled by CIA abt WMD in Iraq. Iraq was invaded cuz of WMD but no WMD was found in Iraq.

Bill Clinton also believed there were WMD's in Iraq.

Bhkad speaks wisdom. Don't judge a leader for his works until they're done.

This ain't the NFL, we don't wait to see how many games out of 16 you have won before deciding your fate. Mid term elections are often seen as judgement day for President's certainly 2006 was a mandate against Bush, 1994 a mandate about clinton, 2010 may very well be judgement day for Obama. But to suggest we don't judge the President's works until he's done.....what in the world?

Bhkad isn't speaking wisdom here, that's tomfoolery.

This ain't the NFL, we don't wait to see how many games out of 16 you have won before deciding your fate. Mid term elections are often seen as judgement day for President's certainly 2006 was a mandate against Bush, 1994 a mandate about clinton, 2010 may very well be judgement day for Obama. But to suggest we don't judge the President's works until he's done.....what in the world?

Bhkad isn't speaking wisdom here, that's tomfoolery.

someone should tell the Nobel Committee that...:lol:

I can understand him. He was just giving Bhkad some moral support.

Excellent, would you mind explaining it to me, I'm lost.:(

He was not into debating the topic proper though.
He dissappeared from the scene after that comment.

Last edited:
Bush screwed up for two terms. Obama is on the brink of failure. Sarah Palin will be a pain in the arse if she is voted as president in 2012.

The problem is not can we its will it matter.

Think about it. even if we had a good leader irrespective part how actually got elected do you thing they could really do any thing?

Look at it this way.

Special interests get away like bandits now, do you thing they would really let that change easily?

When we look at the people how live in the USA and all other contraries go thew life making it up as they go and living a life of doing what feels good.

If a candidate came up how threatened the corporate interests don't you thing they would play on peoples fears and made up ideas about what life is supposed to be?

Now look at what we have now we can get any thing big past that shifts the landscapes positive or negative because the other side will scare people enough and vote it down.

We are suck in a vicious cycle of unworkability with no hope of change.

The relay only way to shift the landscape of whats posable is by installing confidence in to people to a point where people embrace risk instead of seeing as some thing foolish.

Life is what we make it and people in this country are not making live they are victims of it.

The problems not the president, the system, or even lack or over regulations. Its what the voter see as posable and how easy they get scared off.

Think it through carefully what is wrong with this country's leadership. Its not what you think. How about a real assessment of our nation's leaders:

Bush was an okay leader, but lacked innovative political tools to lead effectively. I say that as a Democrat, mind you. Keep in mind, prior to his administration, the most crisis to hit a presidency were 2. Regarding 9/11, he did okay keeping America safe but did not take the opportunity to take out Bin Laden when he had the chance. After 9/11, Bush figured he would do okay. But for the War in Iraq he tried to fight guerilla warfare with conventional weapons because that is what America is good at. For Hurricane Katrina, he deferred to local leaders instead of taking control of a national disaster. For the economy, he kept secret his attempts to keep the DOW from falling below 7,500 because of some suppossed Constitutionality and took a hit politically for a bank bailout that transferred the burden from the homeowner to the taxpayer. Bush's biggest problem was taking risk, and not about taking action.

Now, let's take an honest look at our new president. Obama did push for the Recovery Act, but deferred to Congress on the details. He also defers to freemarket economists, Fortune 500 execs, Wall St. advisors so that his one-winged economic airplane would never take off - never thinking to consult with educated small business leaders, renewable energy technology companies, and community-minded middle-class. Obama did seek Credit Card Reform, but after penalizing offshore tax loopholes corporate CEOs really lobbied to tear that down into something ineffective. Concerning health care Obama again defers expertise, but this time to seek advice from pharmaceuticals, insurance companies, attorneys, and health care providers so that the result is the broken system does not really get fixed. Obama is being told by his economic advisors that America is heading into its twilight years, and that we need to make these steps toward preservation, but that is the same sucker's choice that Herbert Hoover made. Obama's biggest problem is a lack of innovation of policy.

Oddly enough, the kind of leader this country needs and is crying out for, is not the kind we are looking for. We think we want one kind of leader, but then are disappointed when we don't have the kind we need. The expectation for modern leadership is that they take risks and use innovative ideas. What is needed is a president that keeps Congress' hand out of the cookie jar, and employs a variety of unproven political tools when the old ones no longer work. The political environment for modern leadership is the opposite. The model for how modern leadership works with the political machine is to network and defer. The model for how modern leadership acts is to use tried and proven means. What we need is someone who is not a politician, but an innovator with real world experience. That is what you are looking for when you go to the polls, whether for Governor or President: an innovator, someone out-of-the-box but not out in left field. That is what this country needs and is crying out for.

Back
Top Bottom