• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California chef lifts ban on restaurant customers in 'Make America Great Again' hats

You said people that will not take off their hats could possibly be a result of bad upbringing.

Then a member moons you and say they they will wear their hat all the time while eating and posted an emoticon of Satan.
Then that member's location is California.
They display the bad manners you are talking about, therefore playing right into what you said without even knowing it.

Need i say more?

“Ah, Bach!” - Radar O’Reilly

That is a really silly thing to be annoyed by, but I have to admit, it annoys me as well. I don't know if it is my Texas upbringing or my time in the military, but when I see guys wearing hats while dining it irks me. Of course, unlike Soprano, I keep my annoyance to myself. :)

If you're a Texan, then you remember Tom Landry, who never wore his hat when the Cowbows played in a dome. That included home games, if I remember right.

Flags are one thing. I do too or when a prayer is said or the singing of the national anthem etc. But just to go out to eat, no. I never seen anyone else take there's off either. It isn't like going to church or something akin to that.

I don't worry about the flag, I have one on my living room wall. It was passed down from my great grand daddy, to my grand dad to my dad and then to me. My grand dad took it to France during WWI, my dad had it with him during WWII in the Pacific and I took it to Laos and Vietnam. My Grandson took it to Afghanistan. It's been around. I haven't the faintest idea where my great Grand dad got it.

My grandson will get it when I'm dead. My son never went into the Army, but my grandson did. With the big red one in Afghanistan.

People can call me what they want, I do think actions and how one lives their life is much more important than any symbol.

That is awesome. It may be a family good luck heirloom. Get some detailed pics of it for posterity.
I pray all your kin came home alive?
We all get hurt in war, but coming home alive is the first prize.
I hope they all did.
If so, yeah, give it to everyone going off to fight, it may have some generational mojo attached to it.

Impressive story.

Trumpets even have a problem with simple table manners....

positively uncivilized riffraff.

What a Richard-headed thing to say in an otherwise respectful conversation.

Com'on King Edgar, you are better than to LIKE a post like that.

With all due respect, you need to patronize better eateries......there are alternatives to eating by the pound....:2wave:

:lamo

:2rofll:

:lamo

:2rofll:

savages don't understand :doh

on a serious note, it seems Trumpets are against anything that shows respect to others. They want everything to be about them.

I see you only came here to make inciteful posts and disrupt the conversation flow with your insults.

The finale to The Mummy Part is still on.
Go watch that and please shut the door behind you.

That is awesome. It may be a family good luck heirloom. Get some detailed pics of it for posterity.
I pray all your kin came home alive?
We all get hurt in war, but coming home alive is the first prize.
I hope they all did.
If so, yeah, give it to everyone going off to fight, it may have some generational mojo attached to it.

Impressive story.

The flag is encased in plastic now. It's seen better days. I never thought of it that way, but yes, you could call it an heirloom. My dad's brother was killed in WWII and my grand dad lost two brothers in WWI. But none of them ever talked about it. I never did either and my grandson which is living with us today, he hasn't said much about his service either. I suppose it boils down to what is done is done, there's no changing it. No need to complain.

The flag is encased in plastic now. It's seen better days. I never thought of it that way, but yes, you could call it an heirloom. My dad's brother was killed in WWII and my grand dad lost two brothers in WWI. But none of them ever talked about it. I never did either and my grandson which is living with us today, he hasn't said much about his service either. I suppose it boils down to what is done is done, there's no changing it. No need to complain.

No one will ever say Georgians ever ran from a fight.
You and your family honor us.

Be serious, simple universal courtesy is being repelled by the oppressed "red hats."

Honest, it turns my stomach.

I see you only came here to make inciteful posts and disrupt the conversation flow with your insults.

The finale to The Mummy Part is still on.
Go watch that and please shut the door behind you.

no clue what you are talking about but take off your hat or go hungry

This goes to address piss poor parenting in this day and age; who eats with a hat on? (those that identify with the male gender):shock:

Our kids were taught to remove their hats at funerals, during the playing of the national anthem, and in restaurants. And to the best of our knowledge, they all always do the aforementioned.

Oh so what you meant to say was you don’t mind people telling you how to live their lives if YOU agree with it. Got it hypocrite. Thank you for showing your comments, as usual, are just hypocritical bull****.

Thank you for showing your full on intolerance of others.

Define irony: People are whining over hate and intolerance because they can't wear a hat that promotes hate and intolerance.

a hat is a hat. nothing more nothing less, and because people have one doesn't mean they hate or are intolerant.
that is why paintbrush fallacies are paintbrush fallacies.

Conservatives have this really weird notion that you're supposed to tolerate intolerance, in the name of tolerance.

look up the definition of tolerance to understand what it really means.

leftists think they can just make up definitions to words. there is a reason we have a dictionary it is to correct
leftists and their made up definitions.

Thank you for showing your full on intolerance of others.

Intolerance to you is proving your comments to be hypocritical. :lamo I love it, continue to show your hypocrisy while you get on your faux soap box about others. Your thread is a fail since you just admitted YOU don't mind folks like Trump telling others how to live their lives like the hypocrite your comments are.

look up the definition of tolerance to understand what it really means.

leftists think they can just make up definitions to words. there is a reason we have a dictionary it is to correct
leftists and their made up definitions.

You cons throw around the word intolerance like everyone is supposed to "tolerate" everything. I am intolerant of child molesters and I would ASSUME (maybe I'm mistaken) that you would be intolerant of that as well. So again, are you trying to say we should be tolerant of everything?

C.mon, innkeeper! Gotta quote me; otherwise I just stumble on to your responses accidentally. If we are going to parse who “likes” what posts, we will never get anywhere. If a post/reply strikes me in a positive way, well......

My maternal grandfather, USMA 1911, served in both World Wars. He passed away in 1962. He is buried at the Old Chapel cematary @ West Point. He requested to be buried under the flag that he served under, the 48 star version. I recently passed it down to his great-grandson, USMA 2001.

Back
Top Bottom