• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

California chef lifts ban on restaurant customers in 'Make America Great Again' hats

This may have nothing to do with suddenly discovered tolerance OR fear of the loss of business. Someone may have informed him that under the State Court's interpretation of anti-discrimination law, discrimination because of political ideology and opinion are also illegal.

Mind you, its a really dumb interpretation authored by the whack-a-doodle and late liberal justice Rose Bryd, notorious for her imaginary readings. None the less, it was accepted by liberals decades ago as "protection" from the middle-class waspish middle class businesses that elected Reagan, and who wouldn't serve counter-culture leftists.

The net result, however, was not exactly to the liking of modern progressives. Nazi's have worn their uniforms to restaurants (and won a suit when a Jewish owner banned them), and MAGA hat wearers may also do so (or sue the coffee shop owner).

What's good for the goose is good for the gander - ouch.

It’s an implied thing. You wouldn’t understand.

Why wouldn't he understand?
Do you think you know something MORE about tolerance than he?
If one cannot handle someone having the freedom and liberty to wear something that offends you, the collective you, that's intolerance.

If one cannot handle someone having the freedom and liberty to wear something that offends you, the collective you, that's intolerance.

Wearing something for the purpose of being offensive is intolerant.

California chef comes to his senses after realizing his intolerance of others and I commend him for it. There is no place for hatred or intolerance of others in this country.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cal...tomers-make-america-great-hats-185436503.html

Evidently his restaurant was a place for hate and intolerance.
A commenter said " so he fights hate and intolerance outside his place by installing hate and intolerance INSIDE his place"...or words to that affect. Liberal logic.

This goes to address piss poor parenting in this day and age; who eats with a hat on? (those that identify with the male gender):shock:

I don't. It is only polite to remove your hat when eating.
Many do not, but I do.
...and i don't even own a MAGA hat.

I don't. It is only polite to remove your hat when eating.
Many do not, but I do.
...and i don't even own a MAGA hat.

My responses have nothing to do with what is imprinted on the hat. Courtesy, manners, etiquette all different......

Not to mention shooting himself in the foot, business-wise. #likelyrealreason

This also happens once a star goes political.
They immediately lose about 50% of their fan base.
Dumb move.
Keep making movies or hit records, but knock off with the politics. It affects your bottom line.

Their location is California. I think they played right into your narrative without even knowing it.

Can you help me out, Innkeeper?
“Played into my narrative?”

LOL, so be it. If anyone took their cap off to eat, they'd probably be stared out of the place. Perhaps it location, location, location.

I did in Rome, GA and Cedartown, GA. I took my hat off to eat everytime, like i always do.
No one cared if i had it on or not.
Too much good pork BBQ and peach cobbler to eat to worry about something silly like that.
Rome, GA also had one of the best Japanese places I have eaten in in recent memory.
I took my hat off there too.

Maybe being related to Harley Cyler had something to do with it, I don't know.

Of course, when they had the Confederate flag parade in Rome, i took my hat off and placed it over my heart.
( I am sure this makes me a racist white supremacist to some people, but let me check my GIVE-A-RAT'S ASS meter and see what it indicates. )

I am only offended by one symbol. The Nazi swastika.
Not the Buddhist one or the Native American one.
Even in my historical weapons collection i ensure nothing has a Nazi swastika on it.

Last edited:
With all due respect, you need to patronize better eateries......there are alternatives to eating by the pound....:2wave:

LOL, besides Waffle House, there's Burger King, Wendy's, Golden Corral, Outback, Chik Fil-A, O'Charlies, Shanes Rib Shack, Bo Jangles, plus Thai, Chinese, and a few others. All within 10 miles or so. Most near the Home Depot, Walmart shopping plaza or near Sams.

We ain't no big city, being around 30 miles south of Atlanta. Just country with a lot of good food around. I hate cities.

The red MAGA hats symbolize Trump’s vision of America. You know, the vision where there are “very fine people” on both sides of the racism issue?
I don’t know how much the other poster knows about tolerance, but it’s apparent that he’s not very good at recognizing it.
Agree. If I owned a restaurant I wouldn’t discriminate against anyone wearing a MAGA hat. I wouldn’t associate with them either.

I did in Rome, GA and Cedartown, GA. I took my hat off to eat everytime, like i always do.
No one cared if i had it on or not.
Too much good pork BBQ and peach cobbler to eat to worry about something silly like that.
Rome, GA also had one of the best Japanese places I have eaten in in recent memory.
I took my hat off there too.

Maybe being related to Harley Cyler had something to do with it, I don't know.

Of course, when they had the Confederate flag parade in Rome, i took my hat off and placed it over my heart.
( I am sure this makes me a racist white supremacist to some people, but let me check my GIVE-A-RAT'S ASS meter and see what it indicates. )

Flags are one thing. I do too or when a prayer is said or the singing of the national anthem etc. But just to go out to eat, no. I never seen anyone else take there's off either. It isn't like going to church or something akin to that.

I don't worry about the flag, I have one on my living room wall. It was passed down from my great grand daddy, to my grand dad to my dad and then to me. My grand dad took it to France during WWI, my dad had it with him during WWII in the Pacific and I took it to Laos and Vietnam. My Grandson took it to Afghanistan. It's been around. I haven't the faintest idea where my great Grand dad got it.

My grandson will get it when I'm dead. My son never went into the Army, but my grandson did. With the big red one in Afghanistan.

People can call me what they want, I do think actions and how one lives their life is much more important than any symbol.

Last edited:
With all due respect, you need to patronize better eateries......there are alternatives to eating by the pound....:2wave:

Once you get a taste of Georgia peach cobbler you will wish you had five pounds of it.

I never really understood that logic.....the people preparing the food usually wear hair and beard nets to keep the food from being contaminated, but its not acceptable to eat with a cover on your head? :shrug:

That is because it is already prepared.
...and back in the day, gentlemen took of their hats when addressing a lady.
It translates to the dinner table from that.
While eating you may have to address a lady in the process.
Just like it is not polite to bring up certain subjects at the dinner table either.

My son's wife was two seconds away from having her phone thrown out a closed window because she refused to put it down.

I want to have the family dinner table to be the last place of polite decorum in America.

That is because it is already prepared.
...and back in the day, gentlemen took of their hats when addressing a lady.
It translates to the dinner table from that.
While eating you may have to address a lady in the process.
Just like it is not polite to bring up certain subjects at the dinner table either.

My son's wife was two seconds away from having her phone thrown out a closed window because she refused to put it down.

I want to have the family dinner table to be the last place of polite decorum in America.

savages don't understand :doh

on a serious note, it seems Trumpets are against anything that shows respect to others. They want everything to be about them.

This goes to address piss poor parenting in this day and age; who eats with a hat on? (those that identify with the male gender):shock:

Excellent point. They could always claim religious freedom, though ... isn't a MAGA hat a redneck yarmulka?

Kidding!!!

:peace

Can you help me out, Innkeeper?
“Played into my narrative?”

You said people that will not take off their hats could possibly be a result of bad upbringing.

Then a member moons you and say they they will wear their hat all the time while eating and posted an emoticon of Satan right after the one where they mooned you.
Then that member's location is California.
They display the bad manners you are talking about, therefore playing right into what you said without even knowing it.

Need i say more?

Man, you guys lose your **** at the slightest criticism.

"It's rude to take your shoes off in a restaurant and put them on the table."

"**** YOU YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!"

:2rofll:

Back
Top Bottom