• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CA Chick-fil-A in hot water for being too successful

Yes. It's also very annoying. When it happens, I sit there in line thinking, "This is a known issue, not a feature. Why aren't they addressing this?" There's a sit down restaurant in my region that features waiting in the parking lot four or five hours for a table. That doesn't seem like a positive feature to me.
Uh, no. Big no.

Crazy busy and the most courteous staff in the business. They do it right for sure.
Our local Chick-Fil-A hires the best types of employees. A stark difference from the typical types you see working at McDonald's, Burger King, and especially KFC or Denny's. Chick-Fil-A (same as In-N-Out) have very high standards for employees, managers, and training--- and it reflects in the experience for customers---thus the long lines.

But the left HATES Chick-Fil-A because they are Christian owned company (same as In-N-Out), and why liberal Santa Barbara is declaring this as a "nuisance business".

Nuisance business????? It isn't like they are selling drugs, playing loud music, and a hang-out for biker gangs. If there is a traffic enforcement issue, then the CITY needs to address and enforce that. It isn't a successful business' fault that people like to go there. If this was an abortion clinic with cars lined up around the block then this liberal city would see that a no problem at all. The city would probably be providing traffic officers to facilitate the clinic.

They outgrew their location. Success often requires growth and re-investment....
If they are blocking traffic and can't fix it, they need to relocate to somewhere and better plan for the traffic they cause. They can also open more chick-fil-a's to reduce the load, etc.

Hardly a partisan issue.

We just had Chick-Fil-A today.

I'm not a fan of their fries but other items are top notch. Their mac 'n cheese is superb, and so is their chicken noodle soup. We always get their salad w/ avocado lime dressing. And we always buy a gallon of their diet lemonade. It's made fresh, and while has some carb, no added sugar.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-05-at-7.42.04-PM.png

Our local Chick-Fil-A hires the best types of employees. A stark difference from the typical types you see working at McDonald's, Burger King, and especially KFC or Denny's. Chick-Fil-A (same as In-N-Out) have very high standards for employees, managers, and training--- and it reflects in the experience for customers---thus the long lines.

But the left HATES Chick-Fil-A because they are Christian owned company (same as In-N-Out), and why liberal Santa Barbara is declaring this as a "nuisance business".

Nuisance business????? It isn't like they are selling drugs, playing loud music, and a hang-out for biker gangs. If there is a traffic enforcement issue, then the CITY needs to address and enforce that. It isn't a successful business' fault that people like to go there. If this was an abortion clinic with cars lined up around the block then this liberal city would see that a no problem at all. The city would probably be providing traffic officers to facilitate the clinic.
On the other hand....

We have a chik fil a that is constantly packed and it creates a bit of a hassle getting around the parking lot to other businesses. Of course...we also have some soda stores that are doing the same thing. And coffee shops.

Another rightist claim with zero evidence to support it.

What are the "typical types" you see at McDonald's? I avoid Burger King and Denny's like the plague, so I don't know what you are referencing here. Our McDonald's has a few adult managers, and some very nice high school and college kids. Never noticed any problem with the staff.

We just had Chick-Fil-A today.

I'm not a fan of their fries but other items are top notch. Their mac 'n cheese is superb, and so is their chicken noodle soup. We always get their salad w/ avocado lime dressing. And we always buy a gallon of their diet lemonade. It's made fresh, and while has some carb, no added sugar.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-05-at-7.42.04-PM.png
I notice they tout the healthiness of their soup with calories and fat info. You have to dig to find a serving contains 1920 mg of sodium.

They outgrew their location. Success often requires growth and re-investment....
No they didn't. There is no problem with the physical size of their franchise, they are just successful. The way a franchise business model works is the owner would not now be looking buy (or build) a larger building with more parking; they would be looking into EXPANDING to a 2nd location, then a 3rd and so forth. I have a buddy who owns 11 Taco Bell locations 40 years after buying his first franchise.

Chick-Fil-a however unlike Taco Bell, Subway, and Jack in the Box, does not seek to have franchises every mile (the way the bird flies), and why Chick-Fil-A franchises are a premium to accuire; a franchisee is guaranteed great business as they aren't competing with other franchisees nearby.

If they are blocking traffic and can't fix it, they need to relocate to somewhere and better plan for the traffic they cause.
Traffic enforcement is the city's responsibility, not theirs. The city planning permission issued the permit for this business, so that is now up to the city to address the traffic.

They can also open more chick-fil-a's to reduce the load, etc.
Yeah, that would help. Currently the nearest Chick-Fil-A to this Santa Barbara location is just over 30 miles away. So, a big difference than Taco Bell and Burger Kings that are usually just a few thousand yards away form each other.

Hardly a partisan issue.
It is a NON issue as far as Chick-Fil-A needs to be be concerned. The city issued the operating permit, and now if they take measures to harm this business I would assume they city will be looking at a lawsuit.

it's so ridiculous, they have drive thrus for everything. Or Starbucks, I've seen super long line and if you walk in, there is no line. Plus, those lines can be slow when people order things other than just regular coffee and requires insane amount of work to make your fu fu cofee
Starbuck's is ridiculous anyway. $5.00 for a cup of coffee?

Stupid to pay that.

Now maybe if they served Covfefe...?

No, I'm not. Are you suggesting that the only reason people sit in a long drive-through line is because they're too lazy to walk? Think about what other reasons there may be before you answer.
The only reason? Probably not.

The main reason? You damn betcha.

What are the "typical types" you see at McDonald's?
You telling me you have never been in a McDonald's? Never seen the types of low-brows they hire? At McDonald's not only are you lucky to get your order right, or everything in your bag, but there is always the risk the burger will have the patty on the outside of the bun, or the coffee cup has cleaning fluid in it.

I avoid Burger King and Denny's like the plague, so I don't know what you are referencing here.
BK, Denny's, KFC, Popeyes.... all places where you are more likely to be killed in crossfire.

Our McDonald's has a few adult managers, and some very nice high school and college kids. Never noticed any problem with the staff.

Well, then you must live close to greatest McDonald's in the universe. My experience with that place here especially in Southern California, is that you are lucky to have a person who speaks English taking your order, and the ones which do seem to speak English, clearly do not understand simple requests like no pickles, or extra mustard. Heck, most of the food there is re heated and then "assembled" before serving.

McDonald's is a horrible place.

I notice they tout the healthiness of their soup with calories and fat info. You have to dig to find a serving contains 1920 mg of sodium.
Sodium and sugar are a curse on us.

Reactions: PoS
Sodium is not a problem for most normal healthy people. But for anyone with hypertension, impaired glucose tolerance, or obesity, then sure, there are always different choices to consider in one's diet.

I'm healthy and fit, so I don't worry about the sodium. Food needs to taste good. Sugar is by far more of a problem in diet, and while Chick-Fil-A soup is not exactly low in carbs due to the noodles, I always take some of the noodles out before eating.

You telling me you have never been in a McDonald's? Never seen the types of low-brows they hire? At McDonald's not only are you lucky to get your order right, or everything in your bag, but there is always the risk the burger will have the patty on the outside of the bun, or the coffee cup has cleaning fluid in it.

BK, Denny's, KFC, Popeyes.... all places where you are more likely to be killed in crossfire.

Well, then you must live close to greatest McDonald's in the universe. My experience with that place here especially in Southern California, is that you are lucky to have a person who speaks English taking your order, and the ones which do seem to speak English, clearly do not understand simple requests like no pickles, or extra mustard. Heck, most of the food there is re heated and then "assembled" before serving.

McDonald's is a horrible place.
Yeah, I must be in paradise. I am unaware of the "low-brows" and have always received the right order. I'm kind of amazed at what a good job they do, considering the volume.

The signaling about KFC and Popeyes comes through loud and clear...don't need to turn your volume up any louder.

It's just fast food, You guys rabidly support it because of their RWNJ stance on some issues, nothing more.
Wrong!
They have good food! Have you ate there?
The chicken sandwich is the best.

But the complaints against them are driven by poltics. That we know!!

Sodium and sugar are a curse on us.
Sodium...maybe, depends on the person. Sugar and unnecessary carbs....YES, a problem.

I believe that diet does not need to be perfect, but it is easy to make better choices. Going to have a cheeseburger, then pass on the fries, and for gawd's sake avoid soda pop unless it is sugar free.

Sodium is not a problem for most normal healthy people. But for anyone with hypertension, impaired glucose tolerance, or obesity, then sure, there are always different choices to consider in one's diet.

I'm healthy and fit, so I don't worry about the sodium. Food needs to taste good. Sugar is by far more of a problem in diet, and while Chick-Fil-A soup is not exactly low in carbs due to the noodles, I always take some of the noodles out before eating.
Excess sodium in the diet leads to high blood pressure, heart attack and strokes. Nutrition guidelines suggest 2000 mg a day for healthy adults. Most Americans exceed that.
Food tastes remarkably good without being covered in salt. Maybe not Chick-Fil-A, but normal food.

Sodium...maybe, depends on the person. Sugar and unnecessary carbs....YES, a problem.

I believe that diet does not need to be perfect, but it is easy to make better choices. Going to have a cheeseburger, then pass on the fries, and for gawd's sake avoid soda pop unless it is sugar free.
Pass on the cheese, fries and soda if your concern is sodium

Wrong!
They have good food! Have you ate there?
The chicken sandwich is the best.

But the complaints against them are driven by poltics. That we know!!
Yes, I have. It's just a fast food chicken sandwich. McDonald's has one, so does Wendy's, Burger King, and all the rest.

You're ridiculously transparent.

Back
Top Bottom