• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CA Chick-fil-A in hot water for being too successful

Glad to hear about the chicken soup at Chick-fil-A. I like chicken soup and I make it fairly often. But if I'm sick with a bad cold and don't feel up to cooking, sometimes I ask my husband to please pick up some for me at Whole Foods. Next time I don't want to make chicken soup, I give Chick-fil-A's a try!

Now, their being the quickest I didn't know because I don't patronize this chain (for a totally non-political reason--the name just pisses me off).
Sexist?

Ive only eaten there once. I find chicken sandwiches in general to be too ornery and would prefer to eat anything else if I go out.

We just had Chick-Fil-A today.

I'm not a fan of their fries but other items are top notch. Their mac 'n cheese is superb, and so is their chicken noodle soup. We always get their salad w/ avocado lime dressing. And we always buy a gallon of their diet lemonade. It's made fresh, and while has some carb, no added sugar.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-05-at-7.42.04-PM.png
Which salad do you like? I haven't had a salad from there. I might have to add that next time a get a yummy spicy chicken sandwich.

Ours got closed down and is a Chicken Express now. I have no idea why they would move out from the Loop's fast food row.

You're missing out!!!!
I had been to one only a couple times until late last year. Those couple times, I had purchased the grilled chicken sandwich. It's okay but nothing amazing or special.
Then I had a long delay at an airport (by myself) and ended up chatting with a group of people also waiting hours at the gate for the same delayed flight. One of those people went and bought dinner at Chick-fil-A and brought it back to his seat at the gate. I thought - that's not a bad idea and I'm kind of hungry too. So, off I went to grab my dinner at Chick-fil-A. They didn't have the grilled chicken sandwich as an option with their limited menu at the airport. So, I just got the traditional chicken sandwich. OMG, it was so darn good!
Then we recently had a late grandchild sporting event and no reasonable time for dinner. So, on the way home we decided to stop at a Chick-fil-A (it was packed with two drive through lines!!!!!!!!!!). Anyway, I decided to try the Spicy Chicken sandwich. OMG, it was even better than the traditional. I expect Chick-fil-A will now become my go to when fast food is what makes sense for the day/schedule (pretty rare but it happens from time to time). I think it's really tasty and I no longer have any doubt as to why they are packed and over the top successful.
Everybody I know just raves about their food. Thank you for posting about the soup; I'm going to remember this for emergencies!

I probably should, but this would be a lie. Eons ago when this chain opened its first store in my community, I assumed that it was pronounced "filla" because I learned in elementary school what "filet" meant. Bwahahaha, I took umbrage when I learned differently. I have issues! (Wanna hear why I boycott what I call the "K-word company"? It sells salad dressings and cheese. Or is this already TMI?)

Full disclosure: I also won't patronize restaurants that have "ye"/"olde"/"shoppe" in their names or any c-word that begins with a "K" such as "Kountry Kitchen" or "Kountry Katfish." Arrrrrrgh.

I'm not huge on cutesy names like that, either.

Okay, after all this talk today, I just had to have Chick-fil-A for dinner tonight. We had the spicy chicken sandwiches (very good). We had a side salad (fresh although not special - but good dressings - although I wasn't happy to see the ingredients lists on the packets). We also tried the chicken noodle soup and that was pretty good but quite expensive for a bowl of soup.
I had planned a fast food night tonight for a night off from cooking and was thinking Chipotle. I'm quite fond of Chipotle and we have it about once every month! I have to say - I think the original Chipotle plan was a better one than the revised Chick-fil-A plan.

Everybody I know just raves about their food. Thank you for posting about the soup; I'm going to remember this for emergencies!
The soup was good but I think I'll still ask DH to please stop by Whole Foods for it on the rare occasions I have a bad cold and want chicken soup I don't feel like making.

I'm not huge on cutesy names like that, either.
I Googled "clever company names" and found these examples: Pho Sure, Alicia's House of the Rising Bun, Lord of the Wings,
Tequila Mockingbird, and Sew it Seams.

Years and years ago, I was in downtown Atlanta, and in the basement of one of the buildings was a hair salon/barber named "The Rape of the Lock," and this is my all-time favorite. Appreciation spins on understanding the meaning of "rape" here as "purloined."

The soup was good but I think I'll still ask DH to please stop by Whole Foods for it on the rare occasions I have a bad cold and want chicken soup I don't feel like making.
And I'll file this away too. I've never even been in a Whole Foods!

Which salad do you like? I haven't had a salad from there. I might have to add that next time a get a yummy spicy chicken sandwich.
I get the spicy southwest salad. It comes with sliced grilled chicken breast. I always get the avocado lime ranch dressing + and extra dressing.

Yeah, In-N-Out is super popular too! I tried one once in Phoenix. I wasn't a fan of In-N-Out.
I don't think In-N-Out is the tastiest burger around, but what is great about them is all ingredients are fresh, and the employees are top notch. So in that, you get a consistent product, unlike other fast food places.

The reason In-N-Out is consistent, is they are NOT franchises. Every location is owned by the family that started the buisness in the 1940s.

I get the spicy southwest salad. It comes with sliced grilled chicken breast. I always get the avocado lime ranch dressing + and extra dressing.
I did try that avocado lime dressing on my side salad last night. It was outstanding! But I try to avoid all preservatives and such in any food, so I about had a heart attack when I saw the long list of ingredients on the pack.

I did try that avocado lime dressing on my side salad last night. It was outstanding! But I try to avoid all preservatives and such in any food, so I about had a heart attack when I saw the long list of ingredients on the pack.
I'd say go ahead and eat the preservatives---- why not? In a week's time we will be in WW3 with nukes flying anyway, the way I see it.

A city traffic report said at its peak, the drive-through line can block one lane of State Street for as long as 90 minutes on the weekdays and as long as 155 minutes on Saturdays.

Fried chicken tastes great and all that, but really? People wait two and a half hours? They'll sit in their car that long on a Saturday just to pick up fast food?

Back
Top Bottom