• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

But I Thought The Government Was Shut Down?

Where you got this I haven't a clue...

You didn't write this?

They spend money, which they don't have, remember the government is shutdown, to place guards, fences, and various other barricades up keeping the American people, the PUBLIC off of public land..
They are there to protect our national treasures and you object?
Just because a few nut cases are embarrassing us in front of the world does not mean we will leave our heritage to be trashed. Only scum would want that.
I would be happy to hear your apology if you didn't realize what you were saying. It is so easy to get caught up in the rhetoric on those Right wing "news" sites I'm sure. But only if you don't THINK.

Last edited:
And I agree. Now, about the National Parks out West. Do you know what a BFD they are to just open and close? And what about all of the wild animals that really are a problem for ranchers just outside the Parks? And then there's the incredible National Forests. Did I mention the upkeep on roads and buildings, heading into winter?
You should bow down and kiss the ground T. Roosevelt walked on for saving these parks for me during my summer breaks. And it really honks me off they won't be open when I come back from Vegas on the 14th. But the state parks in Northeast Utah are awesome. Been there? Those Mormons are reproducing machines.
I agree. Obama, the Senate, the House, the SCOTUS, all of them should lose their pay, and when I say lose it I mean LOSE IT, no retroactive nonsense...

Did you know that Obama allowed concealed-carry into the National Parks? Do you know why?
You should inform your NRA buddies.
Where you got this I haven't a clue...

You didn't write this?

They are there to protect our national treasures and you object?
Just because a few nut cases are embarrassing us in front of the world does not mean we will leave our heritage to be trashed. Only scum would want that.
I would be happy to hear your apology if you didn't realize what you were saying. It is so easy to get caught up in the rhetoric on those Right wing "news" sites I'm sure. But only if you don't THINK.

Oh, I see, you're using context to wipe your bum. Got it:thumbs:

They are not there to protect they are their to prohibit.

So the few remaining WW2 Vets are an embarrassment to ya? Good to know what you think of their sacrifice.

You would be happy if I gave you a Rolex for your birthday but neither scenerio is gonna happen, it's so easy for the Unthinking Left to lose their minds,:screwy but I'm mean, seriously...:lamo

The asshole repiglicons shut down the government they have put 800,000 out of work and cut essential services for millions and then point their guilty anarchist fingers everywhere else.
YOU should be ashamed. It's your ****ing asshole anarchist party.:lamo:lamo

Slow walk, fast walk, foxtrot, whatever you fancy...

The Senate rejected the House's bill, therefore the Senate is to blame for this. The Senate doesn't get to say, "House, here is the bill we want you to send us" that's not how this goes nor should anyone want that.

Was that slow enough for ya?

The branch that controls the purse strings is the branch that can fiscally shut down the government. What branch controls the purse strings?

The branch that controls the purse strings is the branch that can fiscally shut down the government. What branch controls the purse strings?

The one who passed the CR, the other who had to sign off on it, and failed to do so -- the Senate shut'er down, however...

The one who passed the CR, the other who had to sign off on it, and failed to do so -- the Senate shut'er down, however...

You need to take a civics class. You are debating with anger instead of with knowledge.

Slow walk, fast walk, foxtrot, whatever you fancy...

The Senate rejected the House's bill, therefore the Senate is to blame for this. The Senate doesn't get to say, "House, here is the bill we want you to send us" that's not how this goes nor should anyone want that.

Was that slow enough for ya?

Hypothetical:
Democrat House sends a bill to Republican Senate:

CR for government operations, plus nationwide handgun ban and a massive tax on carbon emissions.

Republican Senate/President's fault for not signing, yes?

Hypothetical:
Democrat House sends a bill to Republican Senate:

CR for government operations, plus nationwide handgun ban and a massive tax on carbon emissions.

Republican Senate/President's fault for not signing, yes?

The handgun ban has nothing to do with fiscal policy. the fault lies with the house, the tax on carb emissions, yes, if not negotiated properly, it would be the Pres/Sen fault.

It would be their fault because a compromise should have been made long before the last hour. Also, does your simplified hypothetical allow for special status for certain entities while burdening others? Creating two classes under the law?

If you're going to set up hypotheticals at least make them equal in comparison...

Yeah, that's it...:roll:

Yes. That's exactly what it is.

The Constitution of the United States
Article. I.
Section. 7.

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives​

Those holding the purse are the ones who are fiscally shutting down the government. There is no wiggle room on this. The fact that they are trying to refuse to do their job in this manner because they want any non sequitor issue they want to pull out of their ass and say "negotiate our premise or we won't do our job" is beside the point.

Article. I.
Section. 7.

Those holding the purse are the ones who are fiscally shutting down the government. There is no wiggle room on this. The fact that they are trying to refuse to do their job in this manner because they want any non sequitor issue they want to pull out of their ass and say "negotiate our premise or we won't do our job" is beside the point.

and if that was the case, than there would be no need for senate approval before it being sent to the Pres.

anything else is BS plain and simple...

and if that was the case, than there would be no need for senate approval before it being sent to the Pres.

anything else is BS plain and simple...

Article. I.
Section. 7.

The Republicans in the house are the ones holding out. The house GOP majority won't put a clean CR up for a vote. They are shutting the government down.

There is a clean CR bill sitting on Boehner's desk. He won't bring it up for a vote.

Things may be changing though:

1) Our current whip count shows 19 House Republicans have said they would support a “clean” CR, with another four sounding favorably predisposed toward it.

2) There are 200 Democrats in the House

3) A bill needs 217 votes to pass (it’s usually 218, but there are currently three vacancies)

linkypoo...

Article. I.
Section. 7.

The Republicans in the house are the ones holding out. The house GOP majority won't put a clean CR up for a vote. They are shutting the government down.

There is a clean CR bill sitting on Boehner's desk. He won't bring it up for a vote.

No, what does it say? O-R-I-G-I-N-A-T-I-N-G that means the House starts the ball in motion and the Senate finishes. The House did their part. They're not holding out, they did what they had to, the Senate didn't even vote on the damn things...Quit trying to move the goalposts...

Article. I.
Section. 7.

well it means the senate cannot create any legislation which creates revenue.

however they have done it many times, even though its unconstitutional, and when they send that legislation over to the house, its sent.... with what is know as a blue card/blue folder, I believe is the correct term.

No, what does it say? O-R-I-G-I-N-A-T-I-N-G that means the House starts the ball in motion and the Senate finishes. The House did their part. They're not holding out, they did what they had to, the Senate didn't even vote on the damn things...Quit trying to move the goalposts...

The house has not forwarded a clean CR bill to vote on. They have the hostage bill they put forward. They are the ones holding out. And they are trying to ruin the credit-worthiness of the U.S. simply because they cannot win enough elections to get their way. Hence... childish temper-tantrum/economic hostage situation.

The house has not forwarded a clean CR bill to vote on. They have the hostage bill they put forward. They are the ones holding out. And they are trying to ruin the credit-worthiness of the U.S. simply because they cannot win enough elections to get their way. Hence... childish temper-tantrum/economic hostage situation.

"..you can't always get, what you wa-ant...."

Back
Top Bottom