• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Approval Plummets to 35%

Navy Pride said:
I just heard on Hardball (hardly a right wing bastion) that the poll was heavily weighted toward democrats............That would explain the low approval rating now wouldn't it.........

Almost all polls are weighted towards Democrats. The reason for this is that pollsters have found that in a random sampling of people, they are statistically more likely to be able to reach Republicans at home than Democrats. While Republicans are at home watching their favorite right wing talking head (or doing what ever “wholesome” dull ass crap that Republicans typically do with their time), Democrats are out having a good time and / or getting laid. :lol:

aps said:
"President Bush's job approval has reached the lowest level yet," according to the latest CBS News poll. "Only 35 percent approve of the job he's doing."

"The plunge in poll numbers is another dose of bad news for a White House mired in it. The only recent president lower at this point in their second term was Richard Nixon."

Meanwhile, Vice President Cheney's approval is just 19 percent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/02/eveningnews/main1005982.shtml

I thought that Bush and Cheney pledged that they would restore honor and integrity to the White House. What the heck happened?

So what..? Bush isn't running for anything after this last term. Besides, ...Bush never ran his agenda by the phoney polls either, or organized his life by them.

Just like everybody (mostly democrats) WANTED to believe the kerry exit polls; oh yea man, Kerry was going to win the election. No, nada...all its purpose was to make people believe that Kerry was the big favorite, ..in yet another lame as.s attempt by the liberal media, & DEMOCRATS to help influence the outcome of the election...AS WAS THE FRAUDULENT FORGED MILITARY DOCUMENTS presented by the professional liar himself; 'Dan Rather'!

Huh huh huh...kind of backfired, huh?:smile:

What the mainstream media BETTER be concerned about is the fact that the media ITSELF has even WORSE approval ratings than Bush; IF any of those polls are to be believed anyway!;)

alex said:
Yes, it was. See posts #27 and #28 in this thread. You posted the source in response to #28.
the dems in Congress had a lower rating than Bush
is what i said
and i am looking for the article
sorry but i do not archive every article i come across on the net

Navy Pride said:
aps, in the 2002 midterm elections riding on his coat tails Republicans picked up seats in both the Senate and the House which was unprecendented since it had not been done by a president in his second term since Eisenhower..........

Yes, Navy Pride, I knew what you meant. Now accept the fact that Bush's coattails have been cut off. Will ya? ;)

jamesrage said:
I do not have too much faith in polls.Usually about a 1000 people paticipate in these polls. So how I am supposed to sit here and beleave that those 1000 people somehow represent the whole entire country?

You are free to ignore them, but when all the polls are coming to the same conclusion, you must, at some point, face reality.

Right before the presidential election last year, Bush and Kerry were neck-in-neck. The election went 51 to 49. That is what is called neck-in-neck.

Navy Pride said:
I am surprised you say that...Matthews is a big Liberal and worked in the Carter administration............

Navy Pride, he is not a big liberal. I find that he gives democrats a harder time on his show than republicans--not always, but the majority of the time. My husband and I get infuriated with him. No way is he a liberal.

Did anyone see Jimmy Carter on Harball on Wednesday night? He said he was no longer a member of the democrat party. I found that interesting.

Stu Ghatze said:
So what..? Bush isn't running for anything after this last term. Besides, ...Bush never ran his agenda by the phoney polls either, or organized his life by them.

Just like everybody (mostly democrats) WANTED to believe the kerry exit polls; oh yea man, Kerry was going to win the election. No, nada...all its purpose was to make people believe that Kerry was the big favorite, ..in yet another lame as.s attempt by the liberal media, & DEMOCRATS to help influence the outcome of the election...AS WAS THE FRAUDULENT FORGED MILITARY DOCUMENTS presented by the professional liar himself; 'Dan Rather'!

Huh huh huh...kind of backfired, huh?:smile:

What the mainstream media BETTER be concerned about is the fact that the media ITSELF has even WORSE approval ratings than Bush; IF any of those polls are to be believed anyway!;)

Stu, will you just wake up? I wonder if you will ever concede anything negative about your wittle Bushy Wushy. He said he would restore integrity to the White House. Well, the majority of Americans are questioning his integrity. I don't care if he is not running for anything again. He clearly seems to care, otherwise, he would not have either asked Miers to withdraw her name or accepted her request to remove her name. He was devastated at how the republicans were blasting him...so he caved. That, my friend, is the sign of someone who cares about what others think of him.

I just seen on the news that the economy is great.Unemployment is down to 5% and we have 50,000 new jobs this quarter. Why would his approval rating be so low? I know the media and the dems (one and the same) have been hammering him since day one. do they have that much power?

Even though the 35% approval rating is pretty bad, it does make a lot of sense. He's the worst President we have ever had. Voted in by the worst Americans this country has ever had. Which have resulted in the US being the most hated country on the planet. Not to mention the most hypocritical as well. But there is good news...

...I just saved a bunch of money on my...

Sorry...........the good news is that the above-referenced Americans, have decided to get better at being American. Proof of this brings us full circle back to the 35% approval and dropping.

I have two questions at this point:
1) How low will George go?
2) Will there be anything left of the Republican Party in 2008?

**** you people. Why don't you ****ing like me. I'm you're ****ing president. Worship me you ****ers.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Back during the Lewinsky scandal, Clinton’s approval ratings stayed in the 60 to 70 percent range. Those polls all asked questions relative to the Lewinsky scandal, yet his approval ratings remained very good. Why is that, you might ask? Well its because his performance in office was viewed as being good by the majority of the American people. Therefore, even with the bad press, he had good approval numbers.

Wow!

Imagine that.

Proves my point about how Americans not knowing what is good for them. While the "American people were viewing his office as good," the military was being attacked, our embassies were being destroyed, and we were denied technology. Of course they cared after 9/11 didn't they? Thank you American people...and feel free to use us today by portraying us as helpless victims of American imperialism as we deal with the Middle East and it's digressing civilization for you (although many of these exploiters showed their true colors during the Abu Ghraib affair, when they were delighted to claim that the actions of a handful of National Guard renegades exemplified the behavior of the entire military).:2usflag:

...maybe I'm just bitter.

Last edited:
SouthernDemocrat said:
Almost all polls are weighted towards Democrats. The reason for this is that pollsters have found that in a random sampling of people, they are statistically more likely to be able to reach Republicans at home than Democrats. While Republicans are at home watching their favorite right wing talking head (or doing what ever “wholesome” dull ass crap that Republicans typically do with their time), Democrats are out having a good time and / or getting laid. :lol:

Maybe that's why Democrats have been drubbed at the polls since the mid 90's. Bwahahahaha!

GySgt said:
Maybe that's why Democrats have been drubbed at the polls since the mid 90's. Bwahahahaha!
The Dems keep losing and blamming the idiot voters instead of themselves.Howard Dean is the best thing that happened for the Republicans.

aps said:
"President Bush's job approval has reached the lowest level yet," according to the latest CBS News poll. "Only 35 percent approve of the job he's doing."

"The plunge in poll numbers is another dose of bad news for a White House mired in it. The only recent president lower at this point in their second term was Richard Nixon."

Meanwhile, Vice President Cheney's approval is just 19 percent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/02/eveningnews/main1005982.shtml

I thought that Bush and Cheney pledged that they would restore honor and integrity to the White House. What the heck happened?
I don't like it. the nation has become one big John Kerry. they have flip-flopped their views as to the job Bush is doing. look at the approval rating for his goin into Iraq: nearly 75% approved of the decision to dethrone Hussein. now today, people have changed their minds. this is a democratic republic people. the pres is not able to do something unless he has popular vote on the issue. and the popular vote on invading Iraq was "yes." now, we are unhappy with the job he is doing? we sent them, people! we voted him into office AGAIN AFTER he decided on Iraq!!! seems like our country doesnt like Bush because they don't want to accept responsibility for their votes. well, considering that only 60% participate in the voting and nearly 85 % participate in the polls, some 25% of people don't like the decisions that government makes, but won't go out to fix them. seems like a problem with the public to me.

dthmstr254 said:
I don't like it. the nation has become one big John Kerry. they have flip-flopped their views as to the job Bush is doing. look at the approval rating for his goin into Iraq: nearly 75% approved of the decision to dethrone Hussein. now today, people have changed their minds. this is a democratic republic people. the pres is not able to do something unless he has popular vote on the issue. and the popular vote on invading Iraq was "yes." now, we are unhappy with the job he is doing? we sent them, people! we voted him into office AGAIN AFTER he decided on Iraq!!! seems like our country doesnt like Bush because they don't want to accept responsibility for their votes. well, considering that only 60% participate in the voting and nearly 85 % participate in the polls, some 25% of people don't like the decisions that government makes, but won't go out to fix them. seems like a problem with the public to me.

You know who is not a flip flopper? Fidel Castro. For 40 years, that man has not moved an inch.

Of course, my point is that intelligent and reasoned people do change their mind on an issue once presented with different facts. Hard headedness is not a virtue. The reason why the war had so much support early on has more to do with the hype generated by the Whitehouse in the months leading up to the war and their handpicking of intelligence to build a case. Most reasonable and intelligent people knowing what we all know now would have never supported going into Iraq.

dthmstr254 said:
I don't like it. the nation has become one big John Kerry. they have flip-flopped their views as to the job Bush is doing. look at the approval rating for his goin into Iraq: nearly 75% approved of the decision to dethrone Hussein. now today, people have changed their minds.
Could that have something to do with the rationale behind the invasion of Iraq turned out to be flawed? The assertion that there was a credible immediate threat as proposed by the White House turned to be incorrect? I personally would fear more for the stoic people who don't admit that mistakes have been made than those who in light of new information, change their minds. YMMV.

alienken said:
I just seen on the news that the economy is great.Unemployment is down to 5% and we have 50,000 new jobs this quarter. Why would his approval rating be so low? I know the media and the dems (one and the same) have been hammering him since day one. do they have that much power?

Did you hear that information on Fox News? There's your problem. You have received inaccurate facts.

aps said:
Did you hear that information on Fox News? There's your problem. You have received inaccurate facts.
Do you have some proof that they're inaccurate?

President.Bush said:
**** you people. Why don't you ****ing like me. I'm you're ****ing president. Worship me you ****ers.

Oh my gosh--this is hilarious! Sorry, Georgie, but you stink!

dthmstr254 said:
You're trying to say that Mr. "i'm not interested in nation building" doesn't flip flop constantly?

shuamort said:
Do you have some proof that they're inaccurate?

LOL shuamort, I was being silly. I have no idea whether they are accurate or inaccurate. ;)

dthmstr254 said:

dthmstr, someone is not a flip-flopper just because they change their mind. I could be pro-choice. Suddenly, I learn about how an abortion is performed and I see pictures. I am horrified. I decide I am pro-life. Does that make me flip-flopper? No, it means that I received information that has caused me to change my mind.

It's the same thing with the war. We were told that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, which were an imminent threat to us. We have since learned that there were no WMDs and that he did not have the capability to make WMDs. New evidence has come to light which would make people question whether we were lied to.

So to call people flip-floppers because they have changed their mind after learning about new information is a joke.

GySgt said:
Proves my point about how Americans not knowing what is good for them. While the "American people were viewing his office as good," the military was being attacked, our embassies were being destroyed, and we were denied technology. Of course they cared after 9/11 didn't they? Thank you American people...and feel free to use us today by portraying us as helpless victims of American imperialism as we deal with the Middle East and it's digressing civilization for you (although many of these exploiters showed their true colors during the Abu Ghraib affair, when they were delighted to claim that the actions of a handful of National Guard renegades exemplified the behavior of the entire military).:2usflag:

...maybe I'm just bitter.

you're an idiot...you make as much sense as Bush giving a speech on skittles. Here's how that would go...

"They're good...real good buddy." " I myself take a strong liking to the green ones." "It's funny, they melt in your mouth and not in--uh--wait, that's--, yeah that's M&M's I was thinking about." "Dang it, stupid, stupid, stupid." I always get those two counfused." "If your going to make two candies so delicious, why do they have to look the same?" "They tricked me again Laura!"

aps said:
Stu, will you just wake up? I wonder if you will ever concede anything negative about your wittle Bushy Wushy. He said he would restore integrity to the White House. Well, the majority of Americans are questioning his integrity. I don't care if he is not running for anything again. He clearly seems to care, otherwise, he would not have either asked Miers to withdraw her name or accepted her request to remove her name. He was devastated at how the republicans were blasting him...so he caved. That, my friend, is the sign of someone who cares about what others think of him.

Dear Aps, ..I am awake, & fully understand Bush's shortcomings as I do the things that I do not agree with him about!

On the otherhand I cannot stand the disingenuine alternative reality of the media, & the democratic party that has been nonstop in its agenda to destroy his presidency for years.

That my friend is more illuminating than any of Bush's weaknesses, ..as is the assumption of Libby's & Delay's indictments that have not proven any guilt, ..except the guilt & inspiration of the media's AND democratic party's culpability in helping to "create" the alternate reality that they hope to accomplish in an effort to wreck Bush's presidency.

You misread Bush's strategy. Okay he made a left turn with regards to the Mier's nomination, ..so what?

Why did Bush do it..? To rally his troops I believe, because whats coming in the "hoped" for event the democrats want with the Libby trial, is going to be the coup de gras that creams the democrats in 08'!

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD, "MEDIA & DEMOCRATS WILL LIVE TO REGRET THE LIBBY INDICTMENT"! (in the media bias section)

THis IS what the media & democrats wanted all along, putting the Iraqi war on trial ..& by God THEY are gonna get it, ..but I do not believe THEY are going to get the results that THEY hoped for!

Be not decieved, ..the American people see quite well what the intentions of the media, & the democratic party leaders have been all along since the 00' election, as well as the 04' election.;)

aps said:
Yes, Navy Pride, I knew what you meant. Now accept the fact that Bush's coattails have been cut off. Will ya? ;)

We shall see what happens aps........I would not count my chickens before they hatch if I were you.........

Back
Top Bottom