• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Burgers by candlelight: Trump lays out fast food for college football champs

If the dinner was for rich people, that would be different. 99% of the guys are going on to mundane existences, middle class or less. Gotta hook 'em up.

Classy touch with the condiments in squeeze packs..........

If the dinner was for rich people, that would be different. 99% of the guys are going on to mundane existences, middle class or less. Gotta hook 'em up.
Well, assuming they graduate with a degree in an in-demand major they'll be better off than that. Some will obviously go pro.

Well, assuming they graduate with a degree in an in-demand major they'll be better off than that. Some will obviously go pro.

There's a hundred athletes there. Some took college seriously. Maybe 3 will go pro. These are middle class people. Fanciest dinner they'll ever attend.

Well, there do tend to be expectations of a Head of State. Aside from that, I would have expected Mr. Moneybags himself to spring for something that isn’t a cold selection from the 2 for $5 menu at McDonalds. I certainly wouldn’t insult my own guests with such a spread.

Well that's the difference in having class, and having no class. Most heads of state would serve a much better fare than food that a child eats, but then we did hear that Trump only eats fast food because that way, no one can poison him. :shrug:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ood-for-college-football-champs-idUSKCN1P900X

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump laid out a White House feast fit for a government shutdown on Monday: silver platters heaped high with McDonald’s quarter pounders and the red-and-white burger wrappers of Wendy’s.

White House chefs normally would serve much fancier fare underneath the stern gaze of the portrait of Abraham Lincoln in the State Dining Room. But they are furloughed, staying home without paychecks as Trump fights with Congress over funding the federal government.
===============================================
Personally if I was a champion athlete invited to the WH for dinner, I wouldn't be looking forward to fast food.

Look at those people, pretending to be excited for the camera. Those are "****-eating grin(s)" in the literal sense.

If you want to pig out on good burgers, go Five Guys or even Wendy's...but Big Macs and Filet O'Fish?!?

Trump is monster....

Here I thought you were a fan of higher education.........:shrug:

I've never seen Trump happier:

Dw6o0ZCV4AItV5s.jpg
That's because he's still a child.

There's a hundred athletes there. Some took college seriously. Maybe 3 will go pro. These are middle class people. Fanciest dinner they'll ever attend.
Fine, believe what you want. Facts are immaterial to superstition.

ETA: The unemployment rate for college grads is 2.1% and the average starting salary is over $50k.

Last edited:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ood-for-college-football-champs-idUSKCN1P900X

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump laid out a White House feast fit for a government shutdown on Monday: silver platters heaped high with McDonald’s quarter pounders and the red-and-white burger wrappers of Wendy’s.

White House chefs normally would serve much fancier fare underneath the stern gaze of the portrait of Abraham Lincoln in the State Dining Room. But they are furloughed, staying home without paychecks as Trump fights with Congress over funding the federal government.
===============================================
Personally if I was a champion athlete invited to the WH for dinner, I wouldn't be looking forward to fast food.

Trump is making fast food great again!

I've never seen Trump happier:

Dw6o0ZCV4AItV5s.jpg

I can just hear the players now. "What the hell is this hippity hoppity bull**** up in here? McDONALDS? We are eating at the WHITE HOUSE, and we are getting fed cold Big Macs by solid gold candelabras?"

Here I thought you were a fan of higher education.........:shrug:

Football players. Yeah, lotta grad students there. But sure, we'll throw them into the "life a bit better than average" group.

Fine, believe what you want. Facts are immaterial to superstition.

That's random BS. Wtf. That's how you respond to obvious reality? "Some will go pro". What a dumbass retort. That doesn't change the fact that pretty much everyone in that room will be middle class their entire lives.

Maybe they were planning on turning off the lights, too - - thus the reason for the candelabras. *just in case!*

.....and the heat, check the overcoat!

If you want to pig out on good burgers, go Five Guys or even Wendy's...but Big Macs and Filet O'Fish?!?

I hope Trump pigged out, the more cholesterol the better.

As long as they players are happy, I see no issue.

I can just hear the players now. "What the hell is this hippity hoppity bull**** up in here? McDONALDS? We are eating at the WHITE HOUSE, and we are getting fed cold Big Macs by solid gold candelabras?"

I don't know about you, but when I was 20 years old if I would have walked into a spread of never ending burgers and pizza I would have been like.... "Oh HELL YEAH"!!!!

Whenever I get the McDonad’s wants, I just think about how I will feel 30 minutes later if I don’t have access to a porcelain convenience!

I don't know about you, but when I was 20 years old if I would have walked into a spread of never ending burgers and pizza I would have been like.... "Oh HELL YEAH"!!!!

Me too...if my poor coach would have served it.

But the $10B President of the USA? Nope, not happy at all.

Back
Top Bottom