• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Burgers by candlelight: Trump lays out fast food for college football champs

I went to Catholic School for four years and I am still a baptized catholic. While I would certainly not want to eat fast food every day, I don't see anything in the catholic faith that would motivate feelings of guilt over eating fast food on occasion.

If you went for 12 years like I did, you might see it differently. I say that half jokingly.... ;)

.... but half seriously too. :(

I seem to remember the rabid right foaming at the mouth for weeks because the Obamas ordered deep dish pizza.
Eh? When did that happen?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I can just hear the players now. "What the hell is this hippity hoppity bull**** up in here? McDONALDS? We are eating at the WHITE HOUSE, and we are getting fed cold Big Macs by solid gold candelabras?"
From what I saw of their comments, some, at least, said quite the opposite sort of thing.

Not everything is actually driven by whether or not we like the current president.

From what I saw of their comments, some, at least, said quite the opposite sort of thing.

Not everything is actually driven by whether or not we like the current president.

If these players had been fed a bunch of **** meant for kids by Obama, I would have made fun of that, too.

If you went for 12 years like I did, you might see it differently. I say that half jokingly.... ;)

.... but half seriously too. :(

Jokingly or not, catholic faith or not, in my opinion, a rare incident of dining on fast food is no reason for feelings of guilt.

Jokingly or not, catholic faith or not, in my opinion, a rare incident of dining on fast food is no reason for feelings of guilt.

I normally avoid fast food because I think it is pretty bad food that is high in caloric intake. But every often I give in to that little devil that pops up on my shoulder from time to time and partake. Its usually FIVE GUYS that get my money. What usually happens is that about halfway through my double burger with fries, I feel full and realize its just not that good compared to some other burger I could get at a decent restaurant for a few dollars more. I guess i am guilty of having become a food snob as well. So there are several types of guilt going on there simultaneously.

Once upon a time, Burger King had decent burgers particularly if you got double meat on it. But it has been a good 20 years since that stopped. Wendy's was decent back in the 90's but no longer. Once upon a time McD's had french fries to die for but then they changed the oil and it all went to hell on a roller coaster.

I have several adult watering holes that I go to for a great burger and have no problem paying twelve dollars for one that is truly first class - maybe more.

These are the type of burgers I go for

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/15-best-burgers-america/slide-10

I have had a few on the list - the best being #6 the Burger Bar in Vegas which cost about $18 bucks and was to die for.

My wife insists we had the number one burger - Kuma's in Chicago but I cannot remember it.

Last edited:
I normally avoid fast food because I think it is pretty bad food that is high in caloric intake. But every often I give in to that little devil that pops up on my shoulder from time to time and partake. Its usually FIVE GUYS that get my money. What usually happens is that about halfway through my double burger with fries, I feel full and realize its just not that good compared to some other burger I could get at a decent restaurant for a few dollars more. I guess i am guilty of having become a food snob as well. So there are several types of guilt going on there simultaneously.

Once upon a time, Burger King had decent burgers particularly if you got double meat on it. But it has been a good 20 years since that stopped. Wendy's was decent back in the 90's but no longer. Once upon a time McD's had french fries to die for but then they changed the oil and it all went to hell on a roller coaster.

I have several adult watering holes that I go to for a great burger and have no problem paying twelve dollars for one that is truly first class - maybe more.

These are the type of burgers I go for

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/15-best-burgers-america/slide-10

I have had a few on the list - the best being #6 the Burger Bar in Vegas which cost about $18 bucks and was to die for.

My wife insists we had the number one burger - Kuma's in Chicago but I cannot remember it.
As for the taste of the burgers, its the fresh never frozen ground beef that makes the difference. That's why Five Guys and the restaurant burgers taste so good. Same goes with a good steak. McDonalds and Burger King cook frozen burger patties. They also fry their French fries in bulk obtained lard, where as Five Guys and the good restaurants use peanut oil. In any case, I make fast food an occasional treat rather then a habit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom