• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bugs in my brain

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Noises in her head were flesh-eating maggots.

Noises in her head were flesh-eating maggots - NBC News.com

"A British woman returned from a holiday in Peru hearing scratching noises inside her head to be told she was being attacked by flesh-eating maggots living inside her ear. When flushing the maggots out failed, the medics resorted to surgery and found a "writhing mass of maggots" within her ear, raising concern they could eat into her brain.

The surgery removed a family of eight maggots. Analysis found that a New World Army Screw Worm fly had laid eggs inside Harris's ear."

Reality is worse than your imagination.

Having just had a "situation" like this with my dog, I can imagine that would be horrifying. I'm glad I've already had lunch.

I had a fly zoom in my ear one time and head straight up to my eardrum. It will drive you stark raving mad.

I've got tinnitus in one ear, and that drives me absolutely nuts.

I just couldn't even imagine, the grossness is a whole nuther thing.....

Noises in her head were flesh-eating maggots.

Noises in her head were flesh-eating maggots - NBC News.com

"A British woman returned from a holiday in Peru hearing scratching noises inside her head to be told she was being attacked by flesh-eating maggots living inside her ear. When flushing the maggots out failed, the medics resorted to surgery and found a "writhing mass of maggots" within her ear, raising concern they could eat into her brain.

The surgery removed a family of eight maggots. Analysis found that a New World Army Screw Worm fly had laid eggs inside Harris's ear."

Reality is worse than your imagination.

Greetings, grip! :2wave:

:agree: This is unbelievable, and totally gross! That poor woman! I wonder if the people who live in Peru are bothered with these insects, or if they have local remedies that protect them...especially the children who are outdoors most of the day? Yuck! :eek:

Greetings, grip! :2wave:

:agree: This is unbelievable, and totally gross! That poor woman! I wonder if the people who live in Peru are bothered with these insects, or if they have local remedies that protect them...especially the children who are outdoors most of the day? Yuck! :eek:

There's some weird, gruesome stuff in this world.

I'm sure the locals have a natural cure for the problem. I doubt it's a common occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom