• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Buffalo shooter embraced "replacement theory" pushed by Carlson...

Show me sitting democrats pushing white replacement theory. You know Republicans are.

Some people are dead and your focus is on lying about politics
I can show you democrats that push violence. Summer of rage. Burn down the system. Take to the streets. Intimation tactics.

I can show you democrats that push violence. Summer of rage. Burn down the system. Take to the streets. Intimation tactics.
This is your fantasy but also not an answer to what i said. Burning down the system isn't shooting black people.

Show me sitting democrats pushing white replacement theory. You know Republicans are.

Some people are dead and your focus is on lying about politics
This is the first time I have heard about White Replacement Theory. I had to research it.
What does White Replacement Theory have anything to do with the Buffalo shooting?
Doesn't the theory have to do with open borders and illegals coming across?
OMG.

You so want this to be true.
Before you blame Trump and the GOP for the shootings let's get the facts right.
Too late, you already blame Trump and the GOP. Screw the facts, they don't matter.

How many pages does one need to write in order to be "mentally ill?" You think lack of mass shootings by black people is because of population %? If anything, to keep up with white people, they'd need to do a lot more.
LOL
Let me do some math for you.
If 60% of the population is white and 13% of the population is black. In our violent society, do you believe there will be more shootings by whites or blacks? Try not to think about it too hard.

LOL
If 60% of the population is white and 13% of the population is black. In our violent society, do you believe there will be more shootings by whites or blacks? Try not to think about it too hard.
You obviously gave it all of two seconds.

Assuming the reasons people shoot each other would balance out among races is pretty damn naive.

LOL
Is the black/white ratio of mass shootings the same as the black/white % of population?

This is the first time I have heard about White Replacement Theory. I had to research it.
What does White Replacement Theory have anything to do with the Buffalo shooting?
Doesn't the theory have to do with open borders and illegals coming across?
OMG.
It also has to do with minorities in general having more children than white people. Also, to a white supremacist, the "problem" of race mixing. (white person and black person have a baby, these people see the baby as black)

They think white people are being systematically erased by minorities. It's explicitly a white supremacist conspiracy theory. The stuff of neo-nazis and the KKK.

So, yeah, maybe next time you should read up on the subject before reflexively defending an explicitly white supremacist concept.

I thought the left likes 49 years of precedent?

Archie well established the definition of liberal if one likes it or not
You think a fictional, explicitly racist, intentionally ignorant, conservative character from a show that went off the air forty years ago defines what a liberal is?

My dude, Archie Bunker existed to make fun of you.

Before you blame Trump and the GOP for the shootings let's get the facts right.
Too late, you already blame Trump and the GOP. Screw the facts, they don't matter.

Republicans repeat the theory he used as a reason. Tucker Carlson promotes it to people. No one is saying all of Republicans are killers. The right uses hate and fear to drive votes because they offer nothing to society but those things. Tucker thought making you scared of blacks would make you vote for Trump, not shoot people. But some people hear you and take your ideas to their logical end

You think a fictional, explicitly racist, intentionally ignorant, conservative character from a show that went off the air forty years ago defines what a liberal is?

My dude, Archie Bunker existed to make fun of you.
It was the most popular show of the time with only 13 channels to choose from

Not my fault Archie redefined the term liberal for mainstream America go cry to him

Republicans repeat the theory he used as a reason. Tucker Carlson promotes it to people. No one is saying all of Republicans are killers. The right uses hate and fear to drive votes because they offer nothing to society but those things. Tucker thought making you scared of blacks would make you vote for Trump, not shoot people. But some people hear you and take your ideas to their logical end
Tucker absolutely knew his words would help drive someone to shoot black people and he was absolutely comfortable with that.

well lately if its not views related to Trump, its views related to Carlson.

"Whites are being replaced by people of color."

Reminds me so much of MAGA, or should I say, MAWA. ( "Make America White Again."

Now I understand even more clearly why the FBI is concerned about the far right, lots of social media interaction and radicalization of them.
The guy hated Fox News and Tucker and claimed to be a left-authoritarian sooo.....why are you making blatantly false narratives up?

It was the most popular show of the time with only 13 channels to choose from

Not my fault Archie redefined the term liberal for mainstream America go cry to him
Oh my god do you think Archie is a real person?

The guy hated Fox News and Tucker and claimed to be a left-authoritarian sooo.....why are you making blatantly false narratives up?

A lot of people start with Fox and Tucker, then get more radical. I'll ask again, show me people on the left who parrot the white replacement theory. I'll build a list of Republicans doing it, and we can compare notes.

Tucker absolutely knew his words would help drive someone to shoot black people and he was absolutely comfortable with that.
I don't think that's true. I think in his hate bubble he expects people to do what he wants, which is vote for trump out of fear. I doubt he CARES much. But I don't think he wanted this particularly. It's bad optics for his real end goal

A lot of people start with Fox and Tucker, then get more radical. I'll ask again, show me people on the left who parrot the white replacement theory. I'll build a list of Republicans doing it, and we can compare notes.
I see that you're trying to deflect away from this shooter. Sorry, the dude wrote shit down, and it didn't say what ya'll are saying.

I see that you're trying to deflect away from this shooter. Sorry, the dude wrote shit down, and it didn't say what ya'll are saying.

His actions show what he believed. As I've said, the Christchurch shooter also knew he was right wing, he was in far right groups, but his manifesto was written to imply the left were to blame.

So little ol Tucker is the main culprit, a t.v. show?
Tucker is laughing at you all.

well lately if its not views related to Trump, its views related to Carlson.

"Whites are being replaced by people of color."

Reminds me so much of MAGA, or should I say, MAWA. ( "Make America White Again."

Now I understand even more clearly why the FBI is concerned about the far right, lots of social media interaction and radicalization of them.

The suspect in the fatal shooting of 10 people at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket Saturday was reportedly haunted in his writing by the “great replacement” conspiracy theory — a viciously racist view of the world that has been touted by Fox News host Tucker Carlson and several other far-right personalities.

Gendron, 18, referred to “racial replacement” and “white genocide” in his writings, according to the Times. The first page included a symbol known as the sonnenrad, or black sun, which was once used by German Nazis but has been adopted by white supremacist neo-Nazis, according to the Anti-Defamation League.
In an interview on CNN Saturday night, Rep. Brian Higgins (D-N.Y.), who represents Buffalo, called the mass shooting part of a planned, “organized” effort to attack the minority community within an “element in our society that is blatantly racist, and they’re violent.”
The horrific crime “points to an effort to exact domestic terrorism that is racially motivated,” he added. “That threat to our community in Buffalo and western New York is a threat to the nation.”

This is a “problem that’s pervasive and growing,” he warned.
“This was pure evil,” Erie County Sheriff John Garcia said of Gendron, who traveled some 200 miles from his home in Conklin, New York, to carry out the attack. “A straight-up racially motivated hate crime.”

Two things.

Firstly, I've lost any sympathy I had for Americans when it comes to mass shootings. You won't give up the addiction to a gun culture but cry everytime some nut goes tonto and kills a bunch of people. So crack on.

Secondly, the US leadership highlights the dangers of white supremacism at home but arms it to the hilt in Ukraine. I suppose when they kill Americans its a real tragedy but when they kill ethnic Russians they are doing the world a favour.

On both counts I think the US mindset is ridiculous.

He may have been indoctrinated via 4chan, but the source is largely Fox News, the purpose of which is to launder right wing conspiracy theories and white nationalism into mainstream culture.
It’s likely Fox News gets a lot of their talking points from 4chan too tbh

So little ol Tucker is the main culprit, a t.v. show?
Tucker is laughing at you all.

He's an example of how this right wing theory is mainstream. He's visible enough to be a stand in for all the people you platform who promote this theory, like Marjorie, like Trump.

Back
Top Bottom