• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Budget Deficit Jumps Nearly 17% in 2018

There it is... the bait and switch. Drive up the deficit to gut medicaid, medicare, and social security.

Same ****ing story every time the GOP gets in control.

(Bloomberg) -- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says the U.S. budget deficit is "disturbing" and spending on entitlement programs must be addressed by both Republicans and Democrats.

link...

Goddamn conservative con artists.

What the hell is wrong with people like you, PROJECTIONS?????? How did Bush create the 2009 deficits with zero spending authority and implementation of the 842 billion dollar Obama stimulus that didn't create the taxpayers promised and actually saw a reduction in employment thus FIT Revenue of 4 million in 2009 and 3 million in 2010?

You people are married to a failed ideology and totally incapable of admitting when wrong

LOL Ask CATO not me. It is their chart.

This is why you should stay out of economic threads. You simply are either nonstop lying or you just don't know how to read. Either scenario is embarrassing for you.

View attachment 67242251

:lol:

Not to mention your ridiculous assertion that a faster growing economy is a better economy. We are on a bubble. Later you will call the explosion of said bubble a "market adjustment" but the facts will show that it will be stupid GOP economics of deregulation that caused it as usual.

Fiscal year 2018 GDP will be posted on October 27 at BEA.gov and the fiscal year 2018 started in October 2017 and ended September 2018. You don't have the last qtr. of 2018 year but here is an indication

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/01/atl...ump-in-economic-growth-for-third-quarter.html

LOL Ask CATO not me. It is their chart.

I prefer the official bank account of the U.S. for their data, what is your problem with the official data? You obviously don't understand the difference between a projection and actual data either.

There it is... the bait and switch. Drive up the deficit to gut medicaid, medicare, and social security.

(Bloomberg) -- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says the U.S. budget deficit is "disturbing" and spending on entitlement programs must be addressed by both Republicans and Democrats.

link...

right, and liberal policies have nothing to do with the deficit or debt, right? What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

link...

Democrats had hoped to sneak in the massive Obama care tax on the young and healthy in hopes of bailing out Medicare. The plan failed even after democrats sank a lot of money into lying to the public about the tax scheme. Forget the deficit. Medicare is already driving the debt into unsustainable danger and universal healthcare will likely sink us in irreversable national debt from which there can be no recovery.

This is why you should stay out of economic threads. You simply are either nonstop lying or you just don't know how to read. Either scenario is embarrassing for you.

View attachment 67242251

:lol:

Not to mention your ridiculous assertion that a faster growing economy is a better economy. We are on a bubble. Later you will call the explosion of said bubble a "market adjustment" but the facts will show that it will be stupid GOP economics of deregulation that caused it as usual.

Lying has become an art form for the Progressives, do you ever admit when wrong?

Post 78

Cannot help but notice the same people who had no problem with the Obama trillion dollar deficits are now on another anti Trump thread ignoring context. Noticed you have yet to post the Treasury data supporting a claim that FIT cuts reduced revenue and continue to spout the liberal lie that tax cuts have to be paid for. What is it about people like you who refuse to understand the basic accounting principle that people keeping more of what they earn isn't an expense?

What a waste of time it is dealing with radicals who let the leftwing elites make them look and sound foolish.

#BuuuuuuuuuutObama! Lol.

I wasn’t much in favor of those deficits, either. I wanted him to raise taxes and end the wars. What I did like about him is that he could speak in full English sentences, wasn't a national embarrassment, and I didn't have to check the news every morning to make sure that he didn’t cause an international incident with some dumbass tweet.

#BuuuuuuuuuutObama! Lol.

I wasn’t much in favor of those deficits, either. I wanted him to raise taxes and end the wars. What I did like about him is that he could speak in full English sentences, wasn't a national embarrassment, and I didn't have to check the news every morning to make sure that he didn’t cause an international incident with some dumbass tweet.

So when you raise taxes what does that do to economic activity? The war ended in 2008 and the cost of the wars are included in the debt Bush left Obama, 10.6 trillion dollars. As for being an embarrassment, that is your opinion and why do you care what others think of us as I prefer the economic results. Sometimes people never get over their hatred and their ignorance of reality. You are so conditioned to hating Trump's personality that you are ignoring the results generated

Again, civics reigns in Trump and rhetoric never trumps actual results.

right, and liberal policies have nothing to do with the deficit or debt, right? What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

Tax cuts are the primary driver of deficits and the main reason that every postwar Republican President has left office with a deficit HIGHER than when he took office. What is it about conservatism that ignores such a dismal record? I thought conservatives wanted lower deficits?

Tax cuts are the primary driver of deficits and the main reason that every postwar Republican President has left office with a deficit HIGHER than when he took office. What is it about conservatism that ignores such a record?

Same lies over and over again from you and the left, post the Treasury data supporting that claim or finally admit you are wrong?? seems you are the one ignoring data to post opinions. You have no concept of what makes up the deficit or understanding that 9.3 trillion Obama debt is more than Reagan, GHW and GW Bush combined and they created that debt in 20 years, Obama 8

Waiting for TREASURY DATA to support your claims?

So when you raise taxes what does that do to economic activity? The war ended in 2008 and the cost of the wars are included in the debt Bush left Obama, 10.6 trillion dollars. As for being an embarrassment, that is your opinion and why do you care what others think of us as I prefer the economic results. Sometimes people never get over their hatred and their ignorance of reality. You are so conditioned to hating Trump's personality that you are ignoring the results generated

Clinton raised taxes and got a booming economy AND balanced the budget so I guess raising taxes means a good economy with lower deficits.

Raising taxes during a good economy is a lot more intelligent than cutting them significantly. Now that dip**** and friends have done that, it's one less tool that we can use to fix the damage if they tank the economy.

LOL 2 years and he just changed NAFTA, oversees trade with Europe, China is on the wait list.

Tax cuts are a deficit.... we gave Obama 8 years..... Why not at least wait 4 years to see what happens if in fact the deficit is a bust.

There was a balance to bring trade back...all the trade negations now to adjust the GDP to offset the Tax cuts.... well dont go into full effect till 2019.... So how bout we at least give it a chance......

Lets try not to the the "We will oppose Judge Kavanaugh with all we have" before he even does the job FFS.......

Its like if my car is dying and I think its the battery Im not going to Damn it forever before even changing the battery.... gotta pull the old one out... gotta put the new one in, gotta hook it up and gotta start the car before I give up on it.... even then if its a new battery and it doesnt start.... might be a fuse.... JEEZS..... Damn no matter what he does...

How about trying fiscal responsibility?

Smaller GDP smaller game. I doubt you'd like to go back to that smaller game just to claim smaller deficits.

In terms of GDP, Obamas 35% (increase) is 300% more than Reagans 189% (increase). I would love to go back to debt being only 40% of GDP, yeah.

In terms of GDP, Obamas 35% (increase) is 300% more than Reagans 189% (increase). I would love to go back to debt being only 40% of GDP, yeah.

You are just working total dollars devoid of percent of GDP. Compare apples to oranges because percent of GDP numbers fail you. :lol:

What an idiotic dodge. You guys run every branch and the majority of states legislatures and governors. You guys own it no matter how much you try to run away from it.

What an idiotic dodge. You guys run every branch and the majority of states legislatures and governors. You guys own it no matter how much you try to run away from it.
What exactly am I running from? State and local governments cannot print money and have to balance her budget and they also have term limits.

You appear to be absolutely clueless when it comes to National politics, Civics, accounting, history.

Answer the damn question post the treasury data that shows that tax cuts have reduced federal revenue?

Even the chart that you showed on GDP shows the trend up but apparently only Trend matters when you want to talk Obama is accomplishments. If we exceed 3.4% GDP growth this past quarter annual GDP will exceed 3%. The projections are for a 5% GDP growth. Are you capable and mature enough to admit that you are wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Look at all the funny liberals acting like they understand finance.

Look at all the funny conservatives who acted like they understood or cared about the deficit 8 years ago, when Obama was president, it was the most pressing issue ever.

Now with Trump, meh, let’s give it time, I’m sure it’ll magically become a surplus.

It’s a joke, don’t you guys ever, ever complain about the deficit again under a Democrat.

Raising taxes during a good economy is a lot more intelligent than cutting them significantly. Now that dip**** and friends have done that, it's one less tool that we can use to fix the damage if they tank the economy.
That certainly is your opinion, however raising taxes affects economic activity and will cost the federal government revenue in things like excise taxes and payroll taxes as companies will not hire unless people are spending money.

What makes you believe that raising taxes on the rich is going to make a difference regarding the deficit and the debt?

Look at all the funny conservatives who acted like they understood or cared about the deficit 8 years ago, when Obama was president, it was the most pressing issue ever.

Now with Trump, meh, let’s give it time, I’m sure it’ll magically become a surplus.

It’s a joke, don’t you guys ever, ever complain about the deficit again under a Democrat.
What truly is a joke is the left-wing rhetoric never supported by official treasury data how can you blame Trump and Republicans for the 520 billion dollars in debt service and mandatory increase in entitlement spending without holding the Democrats equally responsible

You are just working total dollars devoid of percent of GDP. Compare apples to oranges because percent of GDP numbers fail you. :lol:

LOL. I just did percent of GDP. Under Reagan, debt was 40% of GDP. Under Obama it jumped to 105%. I would love to go back to 40%.

What exactly am I running from? State and local governments cannot print money and have to balance her budget and they also have term limits.

You appear to be absolutely clueless when it comes to National politics, Civics, accounting, history.

Answer the damn question post the treasury data that shows that tax cuts have reduced federal revenue?

Even the chart that you showed on GDP shows the trend up but apparently only Trend matters when you want to talk Obama is accomplishments. If we exceed 3.4% GDP growth this past quarter annual GDP will exceed 3%. The projections are for a 5% GDP growth. Are you capable and mature enough to admit that you are wrong

You are running from facts. Facts like how since 1981 the deficit has risen under every republican president and fallen under both Democratic presidents. GOP doesnt know how to run an economy or balance a budget. Trump is now in a good economy that he inherited and hes still running increasing deficits. Trickle down was afailure and still is a failure. And the GOP keep implementing it every time they get control. Failure policies from a failure party.

Back
Top Bottom