• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brutal Home Invasion Robbery Caught On Video

Did you see anything more than a woman getting beaten up?

Some of you are being entirely immature and obtuse.

Put things into perspective - if some of you had your emotional knee-jerk ways everyone would be dead: no one would be worthy of surviving.

About death sentence I guess.

Did you see anything more than a woman getting beaten up?

What - someone wrong with not thinking this guy deserves the death penalty? . . .That's what I commented on earlier.

I thought you equated him with the average person when you said that we would all be dead with that kind of immature, knee jerk reaction. What he did was, imo, far from the average unscrupulous act by a person.

What kind of penalty do you think he deserves?

What - someone wrong with not thinking this guy deserves the death penalty? . . .That's what I commented on earlier.

Put things into perspective - if some of you had your emotional knee-jerk ways everyone would be dead: no one would be worthy of surviving.

There are many worth saving.

This one isn't.

yes i have to say i wouldnt lose sleep if this guy was given the death penalty, i know thats not on the table but it came up so im just saying id be fine with it :shrug:

unless theres something we dont know from a logical stand point and a psychological stand point this guy is worthless to society and his existence is a threat

I thought you equated him with the average person when you said that we would all be dead with that kind of immature, knee jerk reaction. What he did was, imo, far from the average unscrupulous act by a person.

What kind of penalty do you think he deserves?

Exactly why would you assume I was just brushing aside his actions? What, in my response, truly made you think I meant "oh it's no big freaking deal"

Wow . . . maybe I should have clarified my stance on the death penalty, first. (I do tend to forget that I've been here for years - but some basics always need to be mentioned even if the topic has been discussed before. People don't catalogue my views) I only support it (the death penalty) in cases of mass murder (Nidal Hassan, Damir Ignric (though he died because of his actions)) and other equally extreme cases in which someone else's LIFE (usually multiple lives) was (were) forfeit.

It makes no sense what so ever to support the death penalty for anything else, in my view.

Life in prison is a maybe, it depends on how seriously injured she is. I can see him going away for several decades as being sufficient IF she doesn't suffer permanent injury.

I do not support the death penalty in response to child-rape, so why would I support it in response to this crime?

Of course - a different topic altogether - i support a major overhaul of our judicial and prison systems in which guys as seen above would be less likely to find their way back out of jail. . . but that's also been hashed out relentlessly in other posts.

Yep, everyone that did something like that would be dead.

Yep, everyone that did something like that would be dead.

Well excuse me for hoping we were beyond the Code of Hammurabi these days.

Thankfully - more reasonable people make the laws of our land.

I'm surprised some people have said to just hack his arms off :roll:

Well excuse me for hoping we were beyond the Code of Hammurabi these days.

Thankfully - more reasonable people make the laws of our land.

I'm surprised some people have said to just hack his arms off :roll:
Ok, please. Tell me what you think his punishment would be. If it were your loved one that he beat like that in their own home.

Ok, please. Tell me what you think his punishment would be. If it were your loved one that he beat like that in their own home.

Emotions - emotions.

Well - I have been in a similar situation and I didn't demand my assailant be put to death.

(of course - you'll probably flip out and respond with some sort of tripe 'well why not! you might not care about yourself but others are more stirred up than you, you twisted old hag' - and if that's how you'll respond, then we have nothing more to say. Obviously we're two very different kinds of people.)

Fixed it for ya.

Aww...now that's just crazy talk. We all know that when someone has a gun in their home they're 695.27% (or something like that) more likely to injure themselves than someone who doesn't. we also know that home invaders generally take the firearm away from frail women and use it against them to cause more damage to them than they otherwise would have. See, this guy kust punched her and tossed her down the stairs then beat her some more. If she had a gun that would have only served to further infuriate him and he would have gone and done something even more brutal.

Emotions - emotions.

Well - I have been in a similar situation and I didn't demand my assailant be put to death.

(of course - you'll probably flip out and respond with some sort of tripe 'well why not! you might not care about yourself but others are more stirred up than you, you twisted old hag' - and if that's how you'll respond, then we have nothing more to say. Obviously we're two very different kinds of people.)
I would never say that, its your right to feel the way you do. Sorry you had to go through anything near that.
But how about this, say your guy gets out and comes after you again, or goes after someone else? Then how would you feel that he is still alive.

An animal invaded a mothers home and brutally and mercilessly beat her repeatedly in front of her young daughter, robbed her, then threw her down her own stairs. He utterly dominated her in the most reprehensible way in his attempt to obliterate her senses of hope, dignity, and justice. He didn't just rob her, he relished the thought of diminishing her to nothing. And you said that everyone would be dead if they were looked at with the immaturity that we've looked at this guy. My point is, do you sincerely believe everybody does these things?

Exactly why would you assume I was just brushing aside his actions? What, in my response, truly made you think I meant "oh it's no big freaking deal"

Wow . . . maybe I should have clarified my stance on the death penalty, first. (I do tend to forget that I've been here for years - but some basics always need to be mentioned even if the topic has been discussed before. People don't catalogue my views) I only support it (the death penalty) in cases of mass murder (Nidal Hassan, Damir Ignric (though he died because of his actions)) and other equally extreme cases in which someone else's LIFE (usually multiple lives) was (were) forfeit.

It makes no sense what so ever to support the death penalty for anything else, in my view.

Life in prison is a maybe, it depends on how seriously injured she is. I can see him going away for several decades as being sufficient IF she doesn't suffer permanent injury.

I do not support the death penalty in response to child-rape, so why would I support it in response to this crime?

Of course - a different topic altogether - i support a major overhaul of our judicial and prison systems in which guys as seen above would be less likely to find their way back out of jail. . . but that's also been hashed out relentlessly in other posts.

I would never say that, its your right to feel the way you do. Sorry you had to go through anything near that.
But how about this, say your guy gets out and comes after you again, or goes after someone else? Then how would you feel that he is still alive.

No - it is not a victim's fault (regarding what they support/don't support per punishment) of what happens because of what the PERPETRATOR does then or in the future. The perpetrator does what the perpetrator does and no one else should take any sort of guilt for that. . . aside the law (which is not a singular individual).

It's no one else's fault but his own that he did such a thing.

What if she forgives him in some Christian sense? It wouldn't be her fault if he beat up someone in the prison yard (etc).

An animal invaded a mothers home and brutally and mercilessly beat her repeatedly in front of her young daughter, robbed her, then threw her down her own stairs. He utterly dominated her in the most reprehensible way in his attempt to obliterate her senses of hope, dignity, and justice. He didn't just rob her, he relished the thought of diminishing her to nothing. And you said that everyone would be dead if they were looked at with the immaturity that we've looked at this guy. My point is, do you sincerely believe everybody does these things?

To the bolded - no . . . . where are you getting this from? You're still going off on an extreme emotional tangent, here. Maybe tomorrow you can read what I wrote and figure out WHAT I was referring to and discussing.

I was not saying that everyone goes around beating people up :roll:

Your post #23:

"Some of you are being entirely immature and obtuse.

Put things into perspective - if some of you had your emotional knee-jerk ways everyone would be dead: no one would be worthy of surviving."

No - it is not a victim's fault (regarding what they support/don't support per punishment) of what happens because of what the PERPETRATOR does then or in the future. The perpetrator does what the perpetrator does and no one else should take any sort of guilt for that. . . aside the law (which is not a singular individual).

What if she forgives him in some Christian sense? It wouldn't be her fault if he beat up someone in the prison yard (etc).

To the bolded - no . . . . where are you getting this from? You're still going off on an extreme emotional tangent, here. Maybe tomorrow you can read what I wrote and figure out WHAT I was referring to and discussing.

Your post #23:

"Some of you are being entirely immature and obtuse.

Put things into perspective - if some of you had your emotional knee-jerk ways everyone would be dead: no one would be worthy of surviving."

Mmhmm - some people are overreacting THAT much - I felt my cynical, snarky statement was spot on in regard to said select few. Would it have helped you out if I fixed the quoting dump? (I don't think so - you're still in a tizzy because I don't support just killing the douche)

Forgiving is one thing, but being ok with him getting out of prison eventually is another. This man deserves to be put to death. He has nothing to offer society. He is nothing but a drain on society. He has proven he cannot live in the confines of normal society. He is truly worthless.

Forgiving is one thing, but being ok with him getting out of prison eventually is another. This man deserves to be put to death. He has nothing to offer society. He is nothing but a drain on society. He has proven he cannot live in the confines of normal society. He is truly worthless.

Riiiight. . .look - I'll just leave this discussion until cooler heads prevail.

Riiiight. . .look - I'll just leave this discussion until cooler heads prevail.
My head is cool. Very cool. For in my home this would not happen. We are armed and not just guns. And if it did end up with my wife being beaten half to death.
The last thing that guy would need to be worried about is jail. I have family in law enforcement and corrections.
I would gladly do time to exact justice is such a horrific manner that his family tree would cease to exist right there.
The reason people like him do the things they do is because they have done it in the past, either gotten a way with it or been let out of jail with a slap on the wrist.
His should be no less than a life sentence.

My head is cool. Very cool. For in my home this would not happen. We are armed and not just guns. And if it did end up with my wife being beaten half to death.
The last thing that guy would need to be worried about is jail. I have family in law enforcement and corrections.
I would gladly do time to exact justice is such a horrific manner that his family tree would cease to exist right there.
The reason people like him do the things they do is because they have done it in the past, either gotten a way with it or been let out of jail with a slap on the wrist.
His should be no less than a life sentence.

Oh quit being so overdramatic - you would take yourself away from your wife to kill him? I don't think so. . . that's exactly what she wouldn't need. :roll:

Wow, armed and not just guns? We leave our main doors open without guns and we feel safe.

Hey, what if my family tree is spread across 50 states?

Wow, armed and not just guns? We leave our main doors open without guns and we feel safe.

And the woman in the video probably felt safe in her home too. Everyone is safe, until they are not.

Back
Top Bottom