• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brits upset over how americans make a cup of tea.

soylentgreen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
American TikTok user causes uproar with 'British tea' tutorial | London Evening Standard
TikTok user JChelle36 first upset Brits when she first showed the world how she “makes tea in America” - and she’s only fuelled further controversy with her latest video, showcasing how she makes “British tea.”The video went from bad to worse as she started off by putting cold tap water into her mug first, then microwaving it rather than using a kettle.But things really took a turn when she decided to put her milk in next, and only added her teabag after that. Her daughter also added a mountain of sugar to the tea and as they stirred it, the tea never changed colour due to the surplus of milk.

It remained an unsightly cream.

Using a microwave to heat the water????? Putting the milk in before the tea bag?????

Could you possibly sink any lower into depravity?

I didn't think anyone could get making tea so wrong.
It's not exactly hard. Put the kettle on, chuck a teabag in a cup and wait for the kettle to boil. Bung the water in the cup wait for however long you prefer your tea and then whack in some milk. Sugar is optional.
I'm a complete idiot and even I can make tea so I don't understand how this lady went so wrong.

I am anti teabag. I use loose tea.

I only drink tea when Im sick- which is almost never.

And who puts milk in their tea other than Asians and kids?

Let the tea mix sit for over a year before drinking it. I was sad all the flavor was gone derp.

I would never ruin tea by putting milk and sugar in it.

Most British people have milky tea.

go to any rural BBQ joint in the south and watch them make tea

that's how it should be done

help yourself to some hushpuppies while you're waiting

Most British people have milky tea.

Yes, we got this delicious drink from the East and the only thing we could think of was adding cold milk and sugar. I am not a typical Brit.

go to any rural BBQ joint in the south and watch them make tea

that's how it should be done

help yourself to some hushpuppies while you're waiting

How do they mask it?

Now now, Americans know the proper place for tea......

In the harbor :mrgreen:
'

Yes. 'No taxation without representation'. How about 'no representation without taxation'? Only those who pay taxes should be allowed to vote?

The best way is the Indian way. :peace

American TikTok user causes uproar with 'British tea' tutorial | London Evening Standard

Using a microwave to heat the water????? Putting the milk in before the tea bag?????

Could you possibly sink any lower into depravity?

I take my morning tea seriously, Earl Grey, or Lady Grey, English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast.

Never would I make it in a microwave, and you always pour the boiling water into the cup, over the teabag, or over the loose tea in a ball!

The very idea.....

Last edited:

A lot of Brits do. I tried it once, and only once. It's vile.

31xOI-VE8GL._AC_.jpg

Microwavable kettle.

A lot of Brits do. I tried it once, and only once. It's vile.

You know whats really popular now? Its these Asian bubble tea things- basically super sweetened milk with tea flavorings and tapioca jelly added. Disgusting.

You know whats really popular now? Its these Asian bubble tea things- basically super sweetened milk with tea flavorings and tapioca jelly added. Disgusting.

Just, no.

But then again. Can americans really point the finger when we can consider what they do to coffee.

12451860_f496.jpg

Back
Top Bottom