• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brits upset over how americans make a cup of tea.

American TikTok user causes uproar with 'British tea' tutorial | London Evening Standard

Using a microwave to heat the water????? Putting the milk in before the tea bag?????

Could you possibly sink any lower into depravity?

Over countless trips, I've tried to find hot tea palatable in towns and villages all across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. I've even tried in Ireland. Verdict: I'm among the last people on earth to enjoy hot tea. It doesn't matter to me how it's made, who makes it or where it is made, I'm not a fan.

Iced tea, I like. And coffee.

Over countless trips, I've tried to find hot tea palatable in towns and villages all across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. I've even tried in Ireland. Verdict: I'm among the last people on earth to enjoy hot tea. It doesn't matter to me how it's made, who makes it or where it is made, I'm not a fan.

Iced tea, I like. And coffee.

It is an acquired taste. Best to start young.

I prefer coffee myself but if i drink tea it is with a slice of lemon and a teaspoon of sugar.

But then again. Can americans really point the finger when we can consider what they do to coffee.

View attachment 67285169

I can't stand tarted up coffee either. It is feckin nasty stuff and simply an excuse for some people to have a liquid desert, and a crappy one at that.

My morning routine is two shots of espresso made with a phenomenal and inexpensive expresso maker we discovered in Rekyavik followed by one or two cups of coffee (Community Coffee) on a Keurig coffee maker.

Black, no cream, no sugar. In many circles that makes me a boring guy. But now that I'm on lockdown I only have to concern myself with my wife's opinion. On good days she thinks I'm witty. My dogs think I'm cool as long as I give them treats. I offer my wife a treat every morning. ;) She gingerly sneaks out of the bedroom before I wake up. :shock:

go to any rural BBQ joint in the south and watch them make tea

that's how it should be done

help yourself to some hushpuppies while you're waiting

They put in too much sugar.

I only drink tea when Im sick- which is almost never.

And who puts milk in their tea other than Asians and kids?

I do when being nice to make it tolerable to drink. Indians just love it , usually saccharinely sweet with milk. I am not a tea fan. I like my coffee thank you. I gave espresso to one of my TCN crews, and they the same reaction I had to their tea. I like my espresso strong with a tich of cream and sugar to cut the bite and enhance the coffee's flavor. A 1/2 teaspoon of heavy cream and sugar per shot. I usually drink 2-4 shots a day, in 2 shot servings.

You know whats really popular now? Its these Asian bubble tea things- basically super sweetened milk with tea flavorings and tapioca jelly added. Disgusting.

Nasty. My fraps have to have minimum sugar content. Just enough to cut bite and none of the premix. Scratch made only. I have a place in Bonner MT that makes the only exception to my scratch made requirement, because they make really good espresso shots and their equipment and ratios make a perfect iced coffee shake. Those are delicious. And fattening. I have to watch how many times a week I go there. I try to keep it to one. Try.

Who makes Tea the Indian way?

You know whats really popular now? Its these Asian bubble tea things- basically super sweetened milk with tea flavorings and tapioca jelly added. Disgusting.

First time I drank Boba it was to gross out my daughters... And the second time.

By that time I started to like it.

But for real tea it's loose leaf in a Japanese Cast Iron pot.

I take my morning tea seriously, Earl Grey, or Lady Grey, English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast.

Never would I make it in a microwave, and you always pour the boiling water into the cup, over the teabag, or over the loose tea in a ball!

The very idea.....

I use loose tea in a french press to make my tea. I used to microwave the water, until I received an electric kettle for a gift. I use Luzianne teabags to make iced tea.

The only good tea is unsweetened iced tea.

If I want a hot drink, it's gonna be coffee...preferably German coffee.

(Italian espresso is also great for staying awake on road trips...say, from Naples to Rome.)

I have never heard of German coffee. Is it a technique for making it?

A lot of Brits do. I tried it once, and only once. It's vile.

The tea in America is very weak. The Lipton brand being the prime example. Tea in UK and Ireland is much stronger and has a noticeable bitter tannin flavour. The creaminess of milk takes the edge off the bitterness. Sugar does the same thing.

The tea in America is very weak. The Lipton brand being the prime example. Tea in UK and Ireland is much stronger and has a noticeable bitter tannin flavour. The creaminess of milk takes the edge off the bitterness. Sugar does the same thing.

Lipton isn't the only tea brand sold in America, lol.

Lipton isn't the only tea brand sold in America, lol.

I know it isn’t. But it is by far the bestselling and indicative of the type of weak tea consumed in the states.

I know it isn’t. But it is by far the bestselling and indicative of the type of weak tea consumed in the states.

Not really, there are other brands and and varieties which sell better, especially for hot tea. Lipton is used mainly for iced tea. I personally don't drink hot tea often, but when I do I prefer Twinings or Bigelow, Earl Grey, or Darjeeling. There are tons of varieties at the supermarket, to say nothing of health food stores.

Interesting, had no idea about this. Thanks for the info.

I lived in Germany for six years back in the 80's. I drank a lot of their coffee.

Ive drank tea in the UK and many of their brands are available in the US. I like them bitter, with no sugar and any sort of milk product would completely destroy their flavor, imo.

Back
Top Bottom