• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

Sucks to lie on behalf of Putin, doesn’t it?

what ?

Whelan is still in prison

USA got back its basketball player

Putin got back a world known arms dealer/terrorist

aint no lies, Putin won here

Just from reading a few of the comments from our resident Righties on here, it is little wonder the rest of us feel nothing but absolute disgust at this crowd.

Nothing but hate filled tirades. A more pathetic group of people don't exist on the planet.
Man, you can say that again. Absolute disgust. There is no more pathetic group. No wonder this country is so effed up.

they have the right to do that as a sovereign nation
And I have the right to say it sucks and that Putn is a genocidal maniac. And we have the right to trade a piece of shit criminal for our citizen.

what ?

Whelan is still in prison

USA got back its basketball player

Putin got back a world known arms dealer/terrorist

aint no lies, Putin won here
And you’re happy about that in your mind.

Looks more like 100%, in this thread.

kidnapping ?

good gawd

Griner went to Russia BY CHOICE
Took illegal drugs with her BY CHOICE

she got caught, she got sentenced and Putin used it to manhandle Biden and he played Biden like a fiddle

ya'll Biden voters cannot be happy with this - Biden has never looked weaker on the world stage and I didn't think that was possible

is there anything too high a price to pay for Griner's release?

I don't like Griner because she "protested" our national anthem and showed her lack of patriotism. I don't like Biden because of his core platform views and how this country has ran over 2 year period

If he'd have traded for Griner and not given much, that's one thing. We're talking about Viktor Bout

“Today, one of the world’s most prolific arms dealers is being held accountable for his sordid past,” said Attorney General Eric Holder. “Viktor Bout’s arms trafficking activity and support of armed conflicts have been a source of concern around the globe for decades. Today, he faces the prospect of life in prison for his efforts to sell millions of dollars worth of weapons to terrorists for use in killing Americans."
“ As the evidence at trial showed, Viktor Bout was ready to sell a weapons arsenal that would be the envy of some small countries,” said U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara. “He aimed to sell those weapons to terrorists for the purpose of killing Americans. With today’s swift verdict, justice has been done and a very dangerous man will be behind bars. I would like to acknowledge the extraordinary efforts of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents who investigated this case on three different continents and helped to bring Viktor Bout to justice.”
The US should NEVER base it's efforts to get a citizen home on whether you like him or her. Your liking them or not liking them is irrelevant. As for Bout, he was just going to rot in jail on YOUR dime. Or did you think feeding him was tax free? You folks on the Right will now compare "value" in the exchange. Had Griner been a straight white man you would be applauding this exchange. Had Trump been the architect of this exchange you would be gloating.
Your reply is as pathetic as the others Righties have made on here. It's disgusting. It's vile. Since you want to compare "value" - the US surrendered a scumbag for a US citizen. THAT little nugget does seems to escape you.
Righties on here would have preferred Griner rot in jail because she is a black lesbian and because it was Biden who made the exchange. It's as simple as that!

I don't like Griner because she "protested" our national anthem and showed her lack of patriotism. I don't like Biden because of his core platform views and how this country has ran over 2 year period

If he'd have traded for Griner and not given much, that's one thing. We're talking about Viktor Bout

“Today, one of the world’s most prolific arms dealers is being held accountable for his sordid past,” said Attorney General Eric Holder. “Viktor Bout’s arms trafficking activity and support of armed conflicts have been a source of concern around the globe for decades. Today, he faces the prospect of life in prison for his efforts to sell millions of dollars worth of weapons to terrorists for use in killing Americans."
“ As the evidence at trial showed, Viktor Bout was ready to sell a weapons arsenal that would be the envy of some small countries,” said U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara. “He aimed to sell those weapons to terrorists for the purpose of killing Americans. With today’s swift verdict, justice has been done and a very dangerous man will be behind bars. I would like to acknowledge the extraordinary efforts of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents who investigated this case on three different continents and helped to bring Viktor Bout to justice.”

In addition to past crimes, one must wonder what further services Russia will expect him to render. They didn’t rescue him out of collegiality.

And I have the right to say it sucks and that Putn is a genocidal maniac. And we have the right to trade a piece of shit criminal for our citizen.

you do that that - and we should be able to both agree Biden got manhandled here, played like a fiddle

Putin is all smiles today, like taking candy from a baby

What about the white male? Seems we have a constant them in this country. The white male always goes last. Then we wonder why we have MAGA. How odd.
You are referring to the Bad Conduct Discharge Marine??? The white male who lied about almost everything on his resume??? The same white male who brought $80,000.00 USD into Russia where he claimed to be attending a wedding (a wedding he blew off to meet with an FSB Major????) You mean the white male who was passed a USB stick by the FSB Major??? :unsure:

THAT White Male???? :oops:

Then we wonder why MAGA is so wrong so many times... :rolleyes:

How odd... ✌️

kidnapping ?

good gawd

Griner went to Russia BY CHOICE
Took illegal drugs with her BY CHOICE

she got caught, she got sentenced and Putin used it to manhandle Biden and he played Biden like a fiddle

ya'll Biden voters cannot be happy with this - Biden has never looked weaker on the world stage and I didn't think that was possible

I will concede one poster’s earlier point that Russia might have framed Griner. It’s what they do.

Brittany Griner was not arrested for “any reason they can find” in fact i am on several travel forums and there is people from America visiting Russia right now and enjoying it, she was arrested because she violated federal law in Russia by attempting to import controlled substances.

If this was a Russian woman in America she would be going to prison and exchanges wouldn’t even be considered

You do peddle the Moscow line as best you can.

You’re on a travel forum(s) vouching how much fun it is to go see empty shelves in Moscow? Do you actually know any of these people?

Do you have any reason to believe any of them are real?

We already know how much trump nation still listens and promotes the Moscow line. Carlson was on air doing it again last night.

probably because Putin was asking too much - like a prisoner swap/merchant of death etc? or Trump wouldn't negotiate with Putin like that ?

we don't really know - what we DO know, is Biden placed high priority on a black lesbian woman over a white heterosexual male

if this was the opposite, and Trump brought home the white guy first and left the black woman, what do you think would be said ? be honest

Don’t hide your racism!

The US should NEVER base it's efforts to get a citizen home on whether you like him or her. Your liking them or not liking them is irrelevant. As for Bout, he was just going to rot in jail on YOUR dime. Or did you think feeding him was tax free? You folks on the Right will now compare "value" in the exchange. Had Griner been a straight white man you would be applauding this exchange. Had Trump been the architect of this exchange you would be gloating.
Your reply is as pathetic as the others Righties have made on here. It's disgusting. It's vile. Since you want to compare "value" - the US surrendered a scumbag for a US citizen. THAT little nugget does seems to escape you.
Righties on here would have preferred Griner rot in jail because she is a black lesbian and because it was Biden who made the exchange. It's as simple as that!

I'd have been ok with capitol punishment but liberals fight hard to keep that off the table :(

we have a straight white man over there right now - been there a lot longer than Griner was - does that make Democrats disgusting and vile for it?

I didn't want Griner to be in Russia with illegal drugs to begin with but her choice SNOWFLAKE, that's her rights and freedoms at work. Should we have traded what we did for Griner? Well that's debatable because Biden IMO had to get Griner back to satisfy the voting base, and Putin knew he could ask high for him and Putin was right and Putin won

imagine had Griner not did what she did ....

2011, now Victor is worthless as anything more than a trading chip... ✌️

You are referring to the Bad Conduct Discharge Marine??? The white male who lied about almost everything on his resume??? The same white male who brought $80,000.00 USD into Russia where he claimed to be attending a wedding (a wedding he blew off to meet with an FSB Major????) You mean the white male who was passed a USB stick by the FSB Major??? :unsure:

THAT White Male???? :oops:

Then we wonder why MAGA is so wrong so many times... :rolleyes:

How odd... ✌️
THAT is what this is all about. Biden negotiated the release of the wrong person. To the Righties here, HOW DARE he negotiate the release of a black lesbian. Yet, had Trump done the same, the same crowd would be cheering and telling us how great a Prez Trump is.

Don’t hide your racism!

I think you agree with me or you'd said otherwise

I actually am very good at being color blind, calling things like they are.

you do that that - and we should be able to both agree Biden got manhandled here, played like a fiddle

Putin is all smiles today, like taking candy from a baby
Putin manhandled your boi trump in Helsinki.
Xi manhandled your boi trump over the Uyghurs.
erDOGan manhandled your boi trump over the Kurds.

According to reports I have seen, Russia considers Whelan to be a spy and will only exchange him for a captured Russian spy. America claims not to have anyone fitting that criteria, so the exchange can't happen.

We could send them Trump or Roger Stone.

But they wouldn’t’ want either one of them!

Briner and her wife say they are going to fight for the release of Whelan? Sure they will.

2011, now Victor is worthless as anything more than a trading chip... ✌️

on a scale of 1-100 with 100 being Hitler and 1 being the innocent baby sitter ............... Bout was a 75 and Griner was a 25

very very uneven trade for Biden, the USA and the world

sure, Griners family is happy, Putin is happy, Bout's family is happy, terrorists around the world are happy, liberals are happy

hell everyone is happy !!!

The white male always goes last.
Then we wonder why we have MAGA.
OMG! White males have such a tough time historically in this country! They've been horribly victimized since 1776! Oh, wait.....

I'd have been ok with capitol punishment but liberals fight hard to keep that off the table :(

we have a straight white man over there right now - been there a lot longer than Griner was - does that make Democrats disgusting and vile for it?

I didn't want Griner to be in Russia with illegal drugs to begin with but her choice SNOWFLAKE, that's her rights and freedoms at work. Should we have traded what we did for Griner? Well that's debatable because Biden IMO had to get Griner back to satisfy the voting base, and Putin knew he could ask high for him and Putin was right and Putin won

imagine had Griner not did what she did ....
An American has been freed, you simply CAN'T rejoice that. It says all I need to know about how you value a fellow American who isn't white and straight. You can keep doubling down if you want, but I am done with you.

Back
Top Bottom