• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

true, and who's profiting from all that killing ?

Putin just got one of his top global arms dealers back - for a ball player. HUGE win for Putin and neither Obama nor Trump would give Bout ..... Biden was eager to, gotta rub his buddy Putin's back
Is it putins dead soldiers? Lol

Hey guys if you want to show loyalty to putin....make sure his soldiers die. Lol

Is it putins dead soldiers? Lol

Hey guys if you want to show loyalty to putin....make sure his soldiers die. Lol

body count the same on both sides - and its not LOL

at any rate, Biden has just supplied his buddy Putin with a well known global arms dealer ... and we got a basketball player

And supplied Ukraine with the means to kill Russians

Deny that

Sure - so he's helping arm Ukraine AND giving back arms dealer to Russia to help them as well

what a great guy

Sure - so he's helping arm Ukraine AND giving back arms dealer to Russia to help them as well

what a great guy
What is this bizarre fantasy? How does he help Putin? You don't know much about this guy, do you?

what a great guy
And getting Russians killed

Because.....that's what friends are for. Lol

There's no change in subject at all. You claimed that Biden is freeing the ones in fed prisons, yet the ones in state remain. Why doesnt he work to free them as well?
You're still just sealioning a deflection. I don't see a comparison between the Griner case and people in jail in say, Alabama. I don't see why one must be dealt with before the other. They're not related at all.

The griner exchange was a diplomatic solution to a hostage-taking event by a foreign power. As I stated earlier they exchanged a person they don't want for one they do. "But what about local US Marijuana laws" is not an argument here, it's just whataboutism.

true, and who's profiting from all that killing / money ? did you see the article yesterday in Afghanistan, stacks of US cash "humanitarian aid" in the hands of terrorists? hella deal huh ?

Putin just got one of his top global arms dealers back - for a ball player. HUGE win for Putin and neither Obama nor Trump would give Bout ..... Biden was eager to, gotta rub his buddy Putin's back
Bout was working for himself: he was not tool of the Russian state. Even where their interest dovetailed it would be hard to call him a proper asset. He was just as likely to sell to Russia's enemies. Putin might pat him on tgd back for PR lulz but he's just as likely to "fall out of a window" next year.

The US tolerated him too until he got caught selling to their enemies. Now? He's been out of the game over a decade. Good chance his old markets and contacts have moved on. It's highly unlikely he has a head full of valuable secrets that he's sat on for the last twelve years or that it matters much now compared to next decade when he'd be getting out anyway. He's just an ageing ex con who's served half his sentence.

The idea that he's such a valuable prisoner or his time is not worth Griner's is really just grabbing at straws to whine about something.

You're still just sealioning a deflection. I don't see a comparison between the Griner case and people in jail in say, Alabama. I don't see why one must be dealt with before the other. They're not related at all.

The griner exchange was a diplomatic solution to a hostage-taking event by a foreign power. As I stated earlier they exchanged a person they don't want for one they do. "But what about local US Marijuana laws" is not an argument here, it's just whataboutism.
Its all the same. Griner went to prison for pot possession, and the ones in state prison are in the same jam. If Biden went out of his way to help Griner, then why isnt he helping the ones in this country? Is it because Griner is a POC and a celebrity? Why is she the exception in this?

Its all the same. Griner went to prison for pot possession, and the ones in state prison are in the same jam. If Biden went out of his way to help Griner, then why isnt he helping the ones in this country? Is it because Griner is a POC and a celebrity? Why is she the exception in this?
Because he doesn't run the states

Griner went to prison because of Russia's animosity to the US. Pot possession was just an excuse. This was a diplomatic matter from the get go.

Griner went to prison because of Russia's animosity to the US. Pot possession was just an excuse. This was a diplomatic matter from the get go.
Pot possession is a criminal offense in Russia, just like in some states. Griner wasnt innocent, yet Biden freed an arms dealer for her. Why doesnt he do the same for the ones in jail over here?

Pot possession is a criminal offense in Russia, just like in some states. Griner wasnt innocent, yet Biden freed an arms dealer for her. Why doesnt he do the same for the ones in jail over here?
Theres no relation between the two. You're repeating your deflection. Whelan is being held on ostensible charges of breaking Russia's laws as well. Was Trump waiting to free all Americans at home on similar charges? Is that why he's still there? You've invented a precondition that doesn't exist. Stop sealioning with unconnected narratives. You've been caught moving the goalposts, no need to double down.

I straight up do not agree with this, we just rang the dinner bell for nations to start arresting people for any reason they can find then bargain with the US for a prisoner swap.

That's been going on for decades anyway. Suffice to say it goes both ways so most nations use it sparingly - they'll have to weigh up the diplomatic and economic gain/loss ratio for each case. If a country is considered a high kidnap risk for any reason it gets on a state Dept travel warning list.

But in the end sometimes trades are made so both sides can save face.

Theres no relation between the two. You're repeating your deflection. Whelan is being held on ostensible charges of breaking Russia's laws as well. Was Trump waiting to free all Americans at home on similar charges? Is that why he's still there? You've invented a precondition that doesn't exist. Stop sealioning with unconnected narratives. You've been caught moving the goalposts, no need to double down.
It is completely related. I am for legalizing all drugs, and if Biden goes the extra mile for Griner he ought to do it to the same ones in local prisons. Thats my whole point.

It is completely related. I am for legalizing all drugs, and if Biden goes the extra mile for Griner he ought to do it to the same ones in local prisons. Thats my whole point.
Sounds like a topic for its own thread. Who should those people be exchanged for? After all it's about a prisoner swap as well 😉

Sounds like a topic for its own thread. Who should those people be exchanged for? After all it's about a prisoner swap as well 😉
Uh I dunno. Illegals maybe? LOL

Back
Top Bottom