• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Britney Griner is on her way home

Galactic Spin said: Make no mistake. Russia is a brutal dictatorship handing out cruel and disproportionate sentences.
and how do you know this?
What the hell? Are you posting from Moscow under the employ of Putin, or are you just the most ignorant and uninformed person in the United States?

To everyone claiming this is a massive Russian win....why? What did they win?

A 55 year old man who has been in custody for almost 15 years now? Who actually had fewer years left on his sentence than Griner did? Is it going to be great for their PR worldwide?

Where is the win?

world known Russia arms dealer who very likely still has global connetions and ready to repay the Putin favors in full

but the biggest win is showing the world how easy Biden is to play and manipulate

and all the USA got back was a ball player who doesn't much like the country that she lives in

I'm just honest

Because I'm not a lemming doesn't make me anything and doesn't give you the right to name call either and hurt my feelings and bully me

Nothing ”colorblind” about your “honesty”!

You’re the one who tried to make something about her being black and gay. Too bad your own ”honesty” reflected your prejudices.

That’s on you. You’re the one who said it. So if your feelings are hurt, take a long look in the mirror.

Or take comfort in the fact that several other trump losers are saying the same things. Trumpism shows its ugly side once again.

Ask Whelan’s family why trump didn’t help Whelan.

we don't know that he didn't try but you're right, Trump didn't get Whelan freed, that's a failure for that 2016-2020 administration

Either the Russians want a much higher price to get him out or Biden just doesn’t care enough.

I’m not convinced Whelan is not a spy of some kind. He was always in Russia using money that it didn’t seem like he should have, he had multiple passports, like 4 or something, he allegedly was negotiating with an FSB informant for a data stick containing the names of Russian intelligence assets, etc his behavior was wierd and it’s a good example of how not to behave when visiting a country with an effective counterintelligence apparatus
As trump said to the family of dead BLACK soldiers, they knew what they were getting into.

What the hell? Are you posting from Moscow under the employ of Putin, or are you just the most ignorant and uninformed person in the United States?

There are several of them on this thread. Accompanied by several trump losers peddling their line. And advertising their racism, again.

I wonder if she realizes that a dangerous arms dealer, that we caught and put in prison, is now free to contribute to more deaths, because of her stupidity.
She had a vial of cannabis oil to alleviate pain. Maybe she isn't well versed in geopolitics.

At worst she was careless, but it could have happened to anyone who isn't clued into the disgusting Russian political scene.

OMG! White males have such a tough time historically in this country! They've been horribly victimized since 1776! Oh, wait.....

No, since the 70's they have walked last.

Who has really "gotten over" since is women. Blacks next.

Again, when do we end this and simply hire the best?

and Griner has a sheet of fighting, domestic abuse, unpatriotic gestured and taking illegal drugs to Russia .... neither have stellar resumes do they ?
So, being unpatriotic is now a crime??? Domestic abuse is equal to stealing from the USofA while in uniform??? (You must REALLY hate Herschel)

Only the drugs are the issue because it is why the Russians arrested her.

The Bad Conduct Discharge, theft, liar, wannabee spy is an entirely different ball of wax as far as Russia is concerned. 8o grand in cash coming in, meeting an FSB Major, getting a USB stick... spying does have grave consequences, even compared to hash oil... :unsure:

I don't hold Griner up for Citizen of the Year, but when the MAGA whiners carry on about 'why not the white man'- it is two very different cats... ✌️

world known Russia arms dealer who very likely still has global connetions and ready to repay the Putin favors in full

but the biggest win is showing the world how easy Biden is to play and manipulate

and all the USA got back was a ball player who doesn't much like the country that she lives in
tRumPutin’s fan bois seem to know Whelan was a spy.

Nothing ”colorblind” about your “honesty”!

You’re the one who tried to make something about her being black and gay. Taht’s on you. Too bad your own ”honesty” reflected your prejudices.

That’s on you. You’re the one who said it. So if your feelings are hurt, take a long look in the mirror.

Or take comfort in the fact that several other trump losers are saying the same things. Trumpism shows its ugly side once again.

reverse this - Trump gets the straight white guy out and leaves the gay black woman

what would you call it ?

be honest

Do you think he will be exporting arms and ammo from Russia? They can't even supply their OWN troops right now...
Do you think Putin was doing this just for shits and giggles? The Merchant of Death is only 55 y/o. He most likely still has all his connections and has plenty of life left for mayhem.

So, being unpatriotic is now a crime??? Domestic abuse is equal to stealing from the USofA while in uniform??? (You must REALLY hate Herschel)

Only the drugs are the issue because it is why the Russians arrested her.

The Bad Conduct Discharge, theft, liar, wannabee spy is an entirely different ball of wax as far as Russia is concerned. 8o grand in cash coming in, meeting an FSB Major, getting a USB stick... spying does have grave consequences, even compared to hash oil... :unsure:

I don't hold Griner up for Citizen of the Year, but when the MAGA whiners carry on about 'why not the white man'- it is two very different cats... ✌️

I didn't say any of that, I said neither are great Americans

on a scale of 1-100 with 100 being Hitler and 1 being the innocent baby sitter ............... Bout was a 75 and Griner was a 25

very very uneven trade for Biden, the USA and the world

sure, Griners family is happy, Putin is happy, Bout's family is happy, terrorists around the world are happy, liberals are happy

hell everyone is happy !!!

The only people who see it that way are the dwindling population of trump nation. And the Russian trolls who are trying to sow division over it.

Do you think Putin was doing this just for shits and giggles? The Merchant of Death is only 55 y/o. He most likely still has all his connections and has plenty of life left for mayhem.

Where did Bout get the weapons he smuggled?

Whalen being left there is a shame. US should have stood stronger there and not settled for the one with the highest media coverage. Feels like the US caved to Russia on this one. If I remember right, initially Russia said they wanted this swap and we said no. We wanted both. Eventually we compromised and gave Russia what they started with. To me that is a not a win and an innocent American still sits in Russia because he didn't get enough media coverage and commentary by other big name athletes.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for Griner and her family. I am glad she is going home. That is not a bad thing. But leaving a man behind and caving to Russia is.

I don't like Griner because she "protested" our national anthem....
Oh brother, you don't have a ****ing clue, do you? Is that what Tucker Carlson told you? The protest was about a disproportionate number of white cops killing unarmed black people, OK? Got it? Enough of your kind of racist, misogynistic, and homophobic bullshit. How do you look yourself in the mirror when you're operating under such disgusting beliefs?

reverse this - Trump gets the straight white guy out and leaves the gay black woman

what would you call it ?

be honest

Trump didn’t do anything, and wouldn’t have either. He would have just played to the bigotry of his base, and then claimed that trying to free either one of them was not his responsibility.

kidnapping ?

good gawd

Griner went to Russia BY CHOICE
Took illegal drugs with her BY CHOICE

she got caught, she got sentenced and Putin used it to manhandle Biden and he played Biden like a fiddle

ya'll Biden voters cannot be happy with this - Biden has never looked weaker on the world stage and I didn't think that was possible
Biden is not deterred by the hyperbole of hyperventilating right wing critics. Sorry.

There are several of them on this thread. Accompanied by several trump losers peddling their line. And advertising their racism, again.
They are “celebrities over Veterans” fox viewers. Where is their outrage over trump not securing Whelan’s release? As trump said, Whelan knew what he was getting into.

The protest was about a disproportionate number of white cops killing unarmed black people, OK?
All, what, nine of them in 2020?

Oh brother, you don't have a ****ing clue, do you? Is that what Tucker Carlson told you? The protest was about a disproportionate number of white cops killing unarmed black people, OK? Got it? Enough of your kind of racist, misogynistic, and homophobic bullshit. How do you look yourself in the mirror when you're operating under such disgusting beliefs?

Just last night, Tucker Carlson was on full outrage over how the US is “persecuting” Russia. Fox Noise is still peddling the Kremlin line to the very same audience that bought Russian troll traffic and Russian fake news.

Others, on this very thread are still taking their lead from Russian trolls. It’s all over this thread.

This time yesterday, every single one of them would be attacking Biden for NOT getting Greiner out.

Now, as ususal, they’re talking out of the other side of their mouths.

Back
Top Bottom