• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING: Judge Rules Against Corrupt Democratic Elections Supervisor

Since when has counting votes been considered a sign of corruption

No one said it was. That's not what the case was about. It was about required disclosures under FL law that Snipes is refusing to make.

It skips over the relevant comparison, "cons" and "bush-cons"...then makes another unsupported claim about my supposed "misuse".

let me know how that works out fer yer.

Bush-era Conservatives are a subgroup of Conservatives and Trump-era Conservatives are another subgroup of Conservatives.

Bush-era Conservatives are a subgroup of Conservatives and Trump-era Conservatives are another subgroup of Conservatives.
Iye, laddy, but teh aint TRUE conservatives!

latest

Iye, laddy, but teh aint TRUE conservatives!

latest

When did I say Bush-era Conservatives weren't true Conservatives? I didn't. Stop misrepresenting me and stop making **** up.

There is breaking news on a very serious issue. In Broward County in Florida, which is heavily Democratic, the elections supervisor (Brenda Snipes) seems to be corrupt. She had a judgement against her in 2016 for destroying ballots in Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's election. https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/...r-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html Now in 2018, a judge just ruled in favor of Governor Scott's campaign that Brenda Snipes must allow investigations by 7 pm ET. She has been doing everything in secrecy, she has refused to tell the media about how many ballots were cast, she hasn't counted the ballots in time, and now the courts have ordered the corrupt Brenda Snipes to comply with an investigation. https://www.local10.com/news/electi...-lawsuit-against-broward-elections-supervisor

Kind of reminds me of Mayor Richard J. Daley who was Mayor of Chicago for 21 years. His mantra to fellow Chicago democrats, "Vote early and vote often." this was back in the day when the dead voted in Chicago. He was also famous for not reporting Chicago's vote as he wanted to know the vote totals for Illinois statewide and presidential elections so he could make up any deficit with the Chicago vote.

Your OP brings back memories.

When did I say Bush-era Conservatives weren't true Conservatives? I didn't. Stop misrepresenting me and stop making **** up.
When you said you disagree with them, that is inherently separating them AND discriminating against them, ie, making them LESS.

Ah, think of the year 2,000 and the presidential election and then talk about corruption in counting votes. Once again the GOP wants to stop a vote count that may turn the election for the Dems. Seems if they are not keeping people from voting the GOP is stooping votes from being counted.

Counting what may be illegal votes is not beneficial to anyone, other than the corrupt. Until such time as the work to date can be reviewed, and the courts are assured that approvals of various provisional (and perhaps absentee) ballots are legal - its time to stop the count. And if significant flaws are found, the results to date certified or the county revote.

Why "incinerator snipes" still has her job might have more to do with the black history of the county, than any demonstrated integrity on her part.

As Johnny Roco, Florida's mobster in the Keys in to Have and Have explained (1:38 minute mark)

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me of Mayor Richard J. Daley who was Mayor of Chicago for 21 years. His mantra to fellow Chicago democrats, "Vote early and vote often." this was back in the day when the dead voted in Chicago. He was also famous for not reporting Chicago's vote as he wanted to know the vote totals for Illinois statewide and presidential elections so he could make up any deficit with the Chicago vote.

Your OP brings back memories.

It's a little different when the media is asking about how many ballots are left to be counted when there is a law saying that all ballots must be counted within 30 minutes and we're way past that from an electoral official with multiple violation judgments against her. To equate the situation you mentioned to this is pretty ridiculous.

When you said you disagree with them, that is inherently separating them AND discriminating against them, ie, making them LESS.

Yes, I disagree more with the subgroup of Bush-era Conservatives than the subgroup of Trump-era Conservatives.

Fine.

It doesn't mean the count should stop. The votes are perfectly legal and the only reason Scott is doing this, is to prevent what he knows are going mostly Democratic votes from being counted.

I disagree, when an elections office is committing enough legal violations that should result in all county votes being tossed. otherwise there's no incentive to obey the law, and in Broward County's case, no incentive for the public to get rid of incompetent officials. Snipes should be gone, but despite being corrupt the people of Broward County chose to keep her in the office. they should be punished for that.

Since when has counting votes been considered a sign of corruption

When they have been lost and rediscovered, transported in private vehicles, kept from impartial observers, and supervised by a woman who has illegally destroyed ballots relevant to previous lawsuits....

When they have been lost and rediscovered, transported in private vehicles, kept from impartial observers, and supervised by a woman who has illegally destroyed ballots relevant to previous lawsuits....
Please, you're just having sour grapes.

We all knew Florida and Arizona would take time to count absentee ballots. We also knew the bulk would be in largely urban areas. It's happened before, it's just never made a difference like this.

Conservatives simply celebrated way too early on those races, and now they're crying "voter fraud!"because they're losing.

There is breaking news on a very serious issue. In Broward County in Florida, which is heavily Democratic, the elections supervisor (Brenda Snipes) seems to be corrupt. She had a judgement against her in 2016 for destroying ballots in Debbie Wasserman-Schultz's election. https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/...r-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html Now in 2018, a judge just ruled in favor of Governor Scott's campaign that Brenda Snipes must allow investigations by 7 pm ET. She has been doing everything in secrecy, she has refused to tell the media about how many ballots were cast, she hasn't counted the ballots in time, and now the courts have ordered the corrupt Brenda Snipes to comply with an investigation. https://www.local10.com/news/electi...-lawsuit-against-broward-elections-supervisor

What the **** is up with Broward county and elections? Damn!

You're perpetuating one of the problems. Broward is not "heavily democratic. It leans no more than 60% favoring dems yet these "found" ballots are favoring dems by 75%. It's very suspect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Fine.

It doesn't mean the count should stop. The votes are perfectly legal and the only reason Scott is doing this, is to prevent what he knows are going mostly Democratic votes from being counted.
They are not trying to stop the count. They are trying to be included in the process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Please, you're just having sour grapes.

We all knew Florida and Arizona would take time to count absentee ballots. We also knew the bulk would be in largely urban areas. It's happened before, it's just never made a difference like this.

Conservatives simply celebrated way too early on those races, and now they're crying "voter fraud!"because they're losing.

Because the Broward county officials have indisputedbly violated state elections laws, It has nothing to do with urban areas, Miami Dade County and Jacksonville and Orlando have no allegations against them.

It's this office, who's supervisor is a crook, which has a history spanning decades of Chicanery, which has violated state law, that's the controversy.

What makes you think the GOP wants to stop a vote count? I haven't heard any GOP say that.

Then just listen to rick scott talk about it.

It's a little different when the media is asking about how many ballots are left to be counted when there is a law saying that all ballots must be counted within 30 minutes and we're way past that from an electoral official with multiple violation judgments against her. To equate the situation you mentioned to this is pretty ridiculous.

Just memories. Perhaps we've always had problems, but never wanted to admit it.

It's the Al Franken Senate election all over again.

Yet they vote the same exact way. Go figure.

:lol:

No **** right?
Anytime the right-wing loses they just throw out accusations of voter fraud - it's what they do.

I predict that if and when Trump loses reelection (should he run again), he will not go quietly, and will have to be physically removed from the WH.

What the **** is up with Broward county and elections? Damn!

Republicans don't want Broward County folks votes to count. That's what's up.

Back
Top Bottom