• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boycott Starbucks

Good coffee, but I usually have better options, which I'll use. No change is necessary.

Their coffee isn’t “bad” just for the price I can do better on my own.

Good Lord, what the hell is that?

Am I gonna catch the gay if I drink it?

I think you are woefully unprepared for your Starbucks Whine In. Maybe just wait till the lefties boycott Pizza Hut or something you can handle. ;)

PS: I use the tiny Cuisinart mini-blender because I love the little serving cup that the blender blades screw onto. It is the perfect serving size for a small coffee drink.

I use a normal coffee machine for a normal coffee.

For a real good, normal coffee I bring water to a boil, pour a ladle full over freshly ground (fine) coffee beans, let it soak in for a minute or two, and pour more simmering water until the mug is full. I use whipping cream for my coffee ... nothing else.

20140619-pourover-melitta.jpg

Oh, and I'm not boycotting ****.

Boycotting is stupid.

Like the $4 you spend on a cup of burnt coffee is going to even matter.

LOL, exactly. I'm still upset no one noticed I boycotted Texas and Maine during the Bush administration. Wyoming too for Cheney.

Last edited:
What is Schultz' problem ?

If he wants to run for president, then do so on a Democrat ticket.

If he doesn't want to, he's just part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The solution, in case anyone needs reminding, is to get rid of Trump.

How does an independent help to achieve that ?

An independent run is Trump's big chance. Most people supporting Schultz will not vote for a democrat.

There are but they are deathly afraid of being shouted down and attacked by the fringe which has taken control.

Then they had better summon their courage.

I think you are woefully unprepared for your Starbucks Whine In. Maybe just wait till the lefties boycott Pizza Hut or something you can handle. ;)

Well, the lefties boycotted Chick-fil-a on a massive scale.

And how did that work out for Chick-fil-a? :lamo

An independent run is Trump's big chance. Most people supporting Schultz will not vote for a democrat.

Schultz has a very fiscally conservative platform. What makes you think he won't draw as many Republicans as Democrats?

Why are we the only civilized nation left with a two party system. Stop all the BS the DEMs and REPs spew to you by embracing another party/Independent. That would scare the **** out of politicians and maybe, just maybe they would all start acting a little more like centrist instead of polarized a-holes.

I think MOST Democrats don't share radical left wing views. I don't believe MOST democrats want to elect a Republican. I'm not sure which part of my post you take issue with?

Moore, who does to an extent share radical views, seeks to show Schultz he can't carry the very left.

The presidencies of the 2 "businessmen presidents" have been quite tumultuous (avoiding the word disastrous to stay on topic). Bloomberg is quite a successful businessman, who actually has government experience, but is like Satan to the right.

Have to wonder why Schultz is attractive to conservatives? As an INDEPENDENT. Why not nominate him for the GOP? hmm, Right wing pundits predict a Schultz candidacy would be very helpful to Trump, and I might agree with Fox News for maybe the first time in my life.

A sane and reasonable alternative candidate to Trump should find a way to win the democratic nomination. That is my opinion.

I think Democrats should stop worrying about what conservatives think (and also stop regarding them as Republicans because not all are) and focus and selecting a candidate who might win.

Well, the lefties boycotted Chick-fil-a on a massive scale.

And how did that work out for Chick-fil-a? :lamo

I don't know. Never been to Chick-fil-a. Maybe it hasn't come to town yet.

Schultz doesn't fit the bill except as a right wing dream to insure Trump.
Schultz is a Republican. Not a Trump Republican, but a Republican.

I'm going to have to disagree. Republicans don't speak for independents, and there are more of us out there than you might imagine.

I'm going to have to disagree. Republicans don't speak for independents, and there are more of us out there than you might imagine.

Great, point taken. Now, would you say you're more right leaning or more left leaning, because independents come in all shapes and sizes.

Schultz leans a fair bit to the right...a really good fair bit to the right.
On most of the issues, he appears to be to the right of John Kasich, at least so far on those issues he has spoken out on.
The net result? Well, if he can succeed as someone who siphons off enough RW indie votes to make Trump lose, great.

If he's going to masquerade as some kind of liberal independent, liberals are going to call him out...because he doesn't appear to have any kind of left or liberal positions so far, not even moderately liberal...not even lukewarm.

As to boycotting Starbucks, it's silly but I just think Starbucks is too damn expensive, meaning you don't get much value for what they charge.
Not unaffordable, a crummy deal.

You don't seem to think he appears as a Republican? Next to Kasich, he sure seems to.

I think Democrats should stop worrying about what conservatives think (and also stop regarding them as Republicans because not all are) and focus and selecting a candidate who might win.

I agree ...to the point that the candidate should represent democratic values to some extent.

As far as my vote, Schultz is a no go. I hope he is not convinced to try to pull a Ross Perot.

Schultz has a very fiscally conservative platform. What makes you think he won't draw as many Republicans as Democrats?

I don't think that. I just stated that Schultz is attractive to people who are not democrats.

Great, point taken. Now, would you say you're more right leaning or more left leaning, because independents come in all shapes and sizes.

Schultz leans a fair bit to the right...a really good fair bit to the right.
On most of the issues, he appears to be to the right of John Kasich, at least so far on those issues he has spoken out on.
The net result? Well, if he can succeed as someone who siphons off enough RW indie votes to make Trump lose, great.

If he's going to masquerade as some kind of liberal independent, liberals are going to call him out...because he doesn't appear to have any kind of left or liberal positions so far, not even moderately liberal...not even lukewarm.

As to boycotting Starbucks, it's silly but I just think Starbucks is too damn expensive, meaning you don't get much value for what they charge.
Not unaffordable, a crummy deal.

You don't seem to think he appears as a Republican? Next to Kasich, he sure seems to.

Why don't all the Independents that like Schultz support Kasich? I think Kasich would love a shot at Trump.

Why don't all the Independents that like Schultz support Kasich? I think Kasich would love a shot at Trump.

Kasich would be a better deal than Schultz, I swear.
No, I would not vote for the guy but I would interpret a Kasich Republican victory in 2020 as a survivable event provided we have a mixed Congress for him to deal with.

I'm liking Sherrod Brown more and more these days.

Its rather comical. Prior to the 2016 election, Starbucks was encouraging their baristas to encourage political debate and discussion (ultimately about how evil the GOP is). Today, Starbucks has instructed their baristas to ensure they remind customers that Starbucks isnt a place for politics, its just a place for all people to come enjoy a nice cup of joe in peace.

Its rather comical. Prior to the 2016 election, Starbucks was encouraging their baristas to encourage political debate and discussion (ultimately about how evil the GOP is). Today, Starbucks has instructed their baristas to ensure they remind customers that Starbucks isnt a place for politics, its just a place for all people to come enjoy a nice cup of joe in peace.

Prior to the 2016 election people weren't so upset about the government that discussion in public places was actually dangerous.

Prior to the 2016 election people weren't so upset about the government that discussion in public places was actually dangerous.
Its a shame the idiot leftists in this country lost their ****ing minds. Trump stole their ring of power and they HATES HIM.

Its a shame the idiot leftists in this country lost their ****ing minds. Trump stole their ring of power and they HATES HIM.

Interesting that you see it that way. Most, if not all, of the deadly attacks have been by the right against minorities. Hate crimes are increasing, immigrants have been demonized, nazis march, synagogues attacked....Oh, but Sarah Sanders got chased out of a restaurant...:roll:

Why would I boycott Starbucks just because its CEO is running for President? How about I just not vote for him if I don’t want him to be President?

Unless you want Numnuts to serve a second term, how about not acting so politically naïve?

Back
Top Bottom