• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali dies at 74[W:194]

How was it a war crime?

sending conscripts into battle and not letting them win is a war crime. our leadership should have been charged with treason, war crimes and general incompetence. that war should never have been started in the first place-it was based on a stupid reaction to China falling to the communists and the failure of truman to understand the difference between nationalism and communism. Ho Chi Minh wanted us to help make Vietnam an independent nation free of post war French colonial schemes. but once the war started, we should have won it quickly and efficiently rather than engaging in a half -assed idiocy that is sort of like subjecting a patient to surgery but only removing a little part of the tumor. the tumor remains and grows but the patient has suffered the pain of surgery.

sending conscripts into battle and not letting them win is a war crime. our leadership should have been charged with treason, war crimes and general incompetence. that war should never have been started in the first place-it was based on a stupid reaction to China falling to the communists and the failure of truman to understand the difference between nationalism and communism. Ho Chi Minh wanted us to help make Vietnam an independent nation free of post war French colonial schemes. but once the war started, we should have won it quickly and efficiently rather than engaging in a half -assed idiocy that is sort of like subjecting a patient to surgery but only removing a little part of the tumor. the tumor remains and grows but the patient has suffered the pain of surgery.

I agree with the treason part.

I think we had full justification in sending troops to Vietnam--we didn't start the war, nor would our sitting on the sidelines have prevented it. We should have and could have taken down the commies in 2 years.

It's a good thing no one ask what Germany did to them in 1941.

You still can't answer what the Vietnamese people did to us? Go back and study your history.

Come back when you have an answer.

He was a draft dodger, who got rich while thousands of Americans have their lives to protect his freedom.

Successful muslim black man who stood against the injustice of the war and the draft.

Yep, makes sense you'd hate him.

Successful muslim black man who stood against the injustice of the war and the draft.

Yep, makes sense you'd hate him.

He was a criminal. He broke the law.

You still can't answer what the Vietnamese people did to us? Go back and study your history.

Come back when you have an answer.

We weren't at war with the Vietnamese people.

He was a criminal. He broke the law.

so was Rosa Parks. the law was unjust and it was moronic to take away three years of his life as the best boxer in the world. the draft is idiotic in that it is an inefficient allocation of talent.

Then what about Quakers?

Lots of quakers served. My old coach was quaker-he drove an ambulance on the western front in WWII

Then what about Quakers?

What about them? Are you going to propell the myth that Quakers, Amish and Mennonites are exempt by law from the draft?

Again, CO status doesn't exempt an American citizen from conscription.

Like I said, successful Black Muslim man who fought injustice... Makes sense you'd hate him.

A liberal calls me a racist. Gee! I'm shocked! Didn't see that coming...lol

so was Rosa Parks. the law was unjust and it was moronic to take away three years of his life as the best boxer in the world. the draft is idiotic in that it is an inefficient allocation of talent.

Being a great boxer doesn't exempt him from the law.

Being a great boxer doesn't exempt him from the law.

any government that would deprive the nation of the greatest boxer ever is one that should be disrespected and castigated. its a waste of a national resource and the draft was an abomination. The entire administration should have been charged with incompetence and treason

any government that would deprive the nation of the greatest boxer ever is one that should be disrespected and castigated. its a waste of a national resource and the draft was an abomination. The entire administration should have been charged with incompetence and treason

That's sarcasm, right?

That's sarcasm, right?

not at all. why would anyone want to take Ali away from boxing and put him into a military that wasn't even allowed to fight the war?

Lets get back to talking about a man who can be an inspiration to many people-white and black, poor and rich, powerful and oppressed, Ali is someone all should celebrate as what is good about this country.

Thank you for helping to save this thread. This is an example of why I respect you, even though I disagree with you on most things. :)

Gore was in the national guard and made sure he stayed stateside.

I think you have him mixed up with George Bush. Gore was in Vietnam as a military journalist.

Yup, carpet bombing Hanoi killed a hell of a lot more civilians than soldiers.

We also practiced a scorched earth policy with civilian villages in the south if we had any suspicion of VC in them.

We also practiced a scorched earth policy with civilian villages in the south if we had any suspicion of VC in them.

They called that a sweep and clear.

He was a draft dodger, who got rich while thousands of Americans have their lives to protect his freedom.

Maybe you can hold off for a few days before spewing this nonsense. Huh?

Back
Top Bottom