• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border rancher: 'We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal'

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you left India off your list...why?

Oh...probably because you knew how stupid you would look and how stupid you would affirm the others comments are. India...2,943

Lol. 80% of India is Hindu, but please continue. This is the most fun I have had all day.

The only truth in the title "unreal"

Yes it is

When the sources wish to remain anonymous or are unnamed by the author, you're right to say it's probably :bs.

Not so much the anonymous bit because good reporters do have sources who wish to remain unnamed - for example, political insiders, etc. The real problem is it's the Examiner - a tabloid and they are never to be trusted.

And you left India off your list...why? Oh...probably because you knew how stupid you would look and how stupid you would affirm the others comments are. India...2,943

Speaking of stupid, did you know India has fought a series of wars AGAINST a Muslim nation???? (Pakistan)

(Helpful hint- India isn't a Muslim nation nor a renowned exporter of terrorists- programmers and medical professionals are more like it)… :peace

And you left India off your list...why?

Oh...probably because you knew how stupid you would look and how stupid you would affirm the others comments are. India...2,943

I copied the list that they gave. If you go to the link I provided, India is not even mentioned.

That said, you do realize that Hinduism is the main religion in India, right? 14% of India is Muslim, so if we work off of percentages, that's 412 "Muslims" from India.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/f...ionwide-apps-sector-citizenship-fy07-fy17.pdf

In 2017, our US Border Patrol personnel apprehended 310,531 people seeking illegal entry into the country. 35 people from Turkey were caught at our Southern border. 49 from Vietnam. 48 from Sri Lanka. 433 from Romania. 224 from Pakistan. 48 from Somalia. 45 from Kosovo. 2,943 from India. 49 from Albania. 564 from Bangladesh. 642 from Nepal. 14 from Saudi Arabia.

lots more.

You should bother taking the time to know what you are talking about before you go and make yourself look stupid. Er.

So several hundred scalps is about one in a thousand from Muslim countries.

In fact according to the doc posted the total for the southern border is over 850,000 so it's less than one in two thousand. And while it is glamorous or suits the narrative to imagine they were all sprung in desert camps (strewn with prayer rugs of course), most apprehensions were done at ports of entry, where the either tried to sneak over in the back of a truck or carried the wrong papers.

Nope an old blanket on some ranchland does not make much of a case for a wall.

Given that Airyaman already pwned ya, this is probably overkill, but here are the citizenship breakdowns for the last 10 years.

U.S. Border Patrol Nationwide Apprehensions by Citizenship and Sector FY2007 - FY2017 PDF

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/f...ionwide-apps-sector-citizenship-fy07-fy17.pdf

Once again, citizenship does not equate to religion. I am sure you could understand that one reason people leave a country is to flee religious persecution. But I don't see anything here to support "thousands". You were wrong.
:lamo

Like I thought.

SO the fact is that there ARE literally THOUSANDS coming from the middle east in 2017 alone. And rather than have the integrity to admit it you put on your tap dance routine.

And no...we DONT know the religious affiliation of every individual that illegally entered our country, but since India is the largest group form the middle east with 2,943 detained, and since India is the third largest Muslim populations in the world, its reasonable to assume, as I said, that 1 or 2 might leave a prayer rug or two behind.

I copied the list that they gave. If you go to the link I provided, India is not even mentioned.

That said, you do realize that Hinduism is the main religion in India, right? 14% of India is Muslim, so if we work off of percentages, that's 412 "Muslims" from India.
I gave the exact document from the Border Patrol. Did you bother reading it or are you content to live in your ignorance. I mean...since it fits your ideology, I imagine thats probably your course of action...but just in case you want to stop looking stupid...try the source document thats actually from the Border Patrol.

As for the potential population of Muslims in India or crossing the southern border...what I said was that there are literally thousands of middle easterners that have been caught crossing the border and it is not beyond the realm of imagination that 1 or 2 prayer rugs might be left behind. Your pathetic tap dance aside, you and the others are simply wrong...and you know it.

LOL...you are icing your own ignorance....2007 (the BushII years)????? Seriously dude?

1 Afghani, 23 Egyptians, not thousands from 'terrorist' countries or Muslims for that matter.... :roll:

Others have posted a far better overview, perhaps you can educate yourself... :peace
Are you JUST COMPLETELY incapable of READING? The source document goes all the way to 2017.

****...you people are so desperate to make yourself look stupid.

The absolute fact is that the Border Patrol has apprehended literally thousands of Muslims in a given year from the middle east crossing the southern border. Why is it shocking to you that some might have accidentally left a prayer rug or two behind?

pfqerdv.jpg

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-rancher-weve-found-prayer-rugs-out-here-its-unreal

Dumbest article of the year.

Unamed rancher?
What do cartels have to do with Middle Eastern terrorists?
Mexicans cannot be Muslim?
Muslims carried a rug across hundreds of miles of desert just to leave on a random person's property?
How exactly do we know these are "prayer" rugs?

This story smells of desperation to me. I would decidedly call it fake news.

This sounds suspiciously like all those bogus accounts of prayer rugs found on private southern ranches way back in 2014.

OM

Are you JUST COMPLETELY incapable of READING? The source document goes all the way to 2017.

****...you people are so desperate to make yourself look stupid.

:lamo Well, that went about as I would have predicted... Thanks for coming out. ;)

:lamo Well, that went about as I would have predicted... Thanks for coming out. ;)
Really? Did you predict the individual would read the 2007 stats and not bother scrolling down to 2017? Did you think he was that stupid? See...I couldnt have figured that. You must have a truly ****ty opinion of him.

I gave the exact document from the Border Patrol. Did you bother reading it or are you content to live in your ignorance. I mean...since it fits your ideology, I imagine thats probably your course of action...but just in case you want to stop looking stupid...try the source document thats actually from the Border Patrol.

As for the potential population of Muslims in India or crossing the southern border...what I said was that there are literally thousands of middle easterners that have been caught crossing the border and it is not beyond the realm of imagination that 1 or 2 prayer rugs might be left behind. Your pathetic tap dance aside, you and the others are simply wrong...and you know it.

India is not part of the Middle East. Pakistan is not part of the Middle East. Bangladesh is not part of the ME.

But in any case, the idea is not that there is no chance that a prayer rug was found somewhere, as much as it is a ridiculous story. So what if there were prayer rugs? Are Muslims all scary terrorists?

Really? Did you predict the individual would read the 2007 stats and not bother scrolling down to 2017? Did you think he was that stupid? See...I couldnt have figured that. You must have a truly ****ty opinion of him.

Dude thanks for the great laugh watching you get schooled! I needed that today.

If they're fleeing religious persecution, they don't need to leave the country right away

That's the thing: Christians flee religious persecution in Muslim countries all the time. How many of these Pakistanis were Christians fleeing Muslim persecution?

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/pakistan/

There are only 3% non Islamics in Pakistan (per my NYT Almanac), & that counts Hindus, Christians & Other together. Since they lost Bangladesh (mostly Hindu), Pakistan has become aggressively Islamic, instituting Sharia & discriminating against non-Islamics. The Christian community is shut out of high government posts, the Shariat Court, & faces lots of social pressure. I don't know that Christian Pakistanis would be able to raise the money to travel & pay a smuggler to get to the US.

& besides, if they're fleeing religious persecution, they could more easily apply for refugee status while living in Pakistan, or present themselves @ the US border & apply for asylum. & I assume they wouldn't have prayer rugs - those seem to be Islamic items.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-rancher-weve-found-prayer-rugs-out-here-its-unreal

Dumbest article of the year.

Unamed rancher?
What do cartels have to do with Middle Eastern terrorists?
Mexicans cannot be Muslim?
Muslims carried a rug across hundreds of miles of desert just to leave on a random person's property?
How exactly do we know these are "prayer" rugs?

This story smells of desperation to me. I would decidedly call it fake news.

Examiner quotes Fox and the Trump admin plus an anonymous "NM rancher". That folks, is how to make a bad sausage.

It's not him I have a truly ****ty opinion of.

Side question...how's your blood pressure, bud? :lol:

India is not part of the Middle East. Pakistan is not part of the Middle East. Bangladesh is not part of the ME.

But in any case, the idea is not that there is no chance that a prayer rug was found somewhere, as much as it is a ridiculous story. So what if there were prayer rugs? Are Muslims all scary terrorists?

Did I say they were terrorists? What I said was that considering the number of people that have been CAUGHT it is not beyond the realm of imagination that a few prayer rugs might have been accidentally left behind.

I was rather entertained by that comprehensive list of "Muslim" countries that only listed 2 dominantly Muslim countries.

OM

It's not him I have a truly ****ty opinion of.

Side question...how's your blood pressure, bud? :lol:
My blood pressure is great. Hell...you think I should be upset? I just watched a poster demonstrate he is incapable of reading a chart provided to him and then watched you cheer on his ignorance. How do you think that makes me upset? I think its funny as ****.

I was rather entertained by that comprehensive list of "Muslim" countries that only listed 2 dominantly Muslim countries.

OM
"dominantly"...while ignoring the fact that India has 172 MILLION muslims.

Yay you.

I just watched a poster demonstrate he is incapable of reading a chart provided to him.

You mean the same chart that in no way demonstrated what it promised it would?

OM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom