• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BO Disgraces America At Hiroshima

I read it and I am puzzled what part of:

We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces and to provide proper and adequate assurance of good faith in such action.

The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction.

...the Japs could not understand. Pretty simple sentence.

First of all, the war is over. No need to use war propaganda terms to refer to the Japanese people. The people , who like Anerican people cannot and should not be held accountable for the grave mistakes made by their leaders.
Second, the actual surrender was not unconditional. The Japanese were allowed to keep their emperor. Apparently we didn't understand our terms either.
Before Hiroshima, Japanese cities were being destroyed quite well with conventional weapons. Japan was already defeated and could not defend itself. Reasonable negotiations could have brought about the same terms of surrender.

First of all, the war is over. No need to use war propaganda terms to refer to the Japanese people. The people , who like Anerican people cannot and should not be held accountable for the grave mistakes made by their leaders.
Second, the actual surrender was not unconditional. The Japanese were allowed to keep their emperor. Apparently we didn't understand our terms either.
Before Hiroshima, Japanese cities were being destroyed quite well with conventional weapons. Japan was already defeated and could not defend itself. Reasonable negotiations could have brought about the same terms of surrender.

The Japanese surrendered unconditionally and was allowed to keep the emperor in accordance with the Potsdam conference out of compassion for the Japanese people.

You leftists struggle with bunched up panties.

I must have struck a nerve with the kook left here, they are all butt hurt about BO making an a$$ out of himself in Japan.

Dude, there's ONLY one person in this thread who appears to be butt hurt and is absolutely making an ass out of them-self.
Go look in a mirror.

He is a politician at a meeting of politicians, what else do you want?

I apologize. My previous remarks were made based only on reports of what Obama said and are proven wrong by the attached text of the speech delivered.

The remarks at Hiroshima were measured and structured quite well. They reflect the horror of war, the hope of peace and the benefits of friendship between nations.

It seems to be very fitting for the occasion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/w...iroshima-japan.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Dude, there's ONLY one person in this thread who appears to be butt hurt and is absolutely making an ass out of them-self.
Go look in a mirror.

:lamo

I'll be sure and do that. :shock:

I dont make a fool of my self by posting breitbart.

:fart:fart

Free speech a real burr in the kook left's side, isn't it? I mean, you people are foaming at the mouth over this. :lol:

Go look in a mirror.

Happy Memorial Day to the kooks on the left!!! :wink2:

Free speech a real burr in the kook left's side, isn't it? I mean, you people are foaming at the mouth over this. :lol:

You are providing some foam yourself, but it doesn't bother me.

Your hypocrisy, on the other hand, is a bit bothersome.

I apologize. My previous remarks were made based only on reports of what Obama said and are proven wrong by the attached text of the speech delivered.

The remarks at Hiroshima were measured and structured quite well. They reflect the horror of war, the hope of peace and the benefits of friendship between nations.

It seems to be very fitting for the occasion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/28/w...iroshima-japan.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Thank you for reading and fully comprehending the text of the speech. The OP is like a little bird that needs its news pre-digested to explain what it really means. Thank you for presenting your unfiltered take on the actual speech, and not some twisted media interpretation of it.

"Reasonable negotiations" are between equals. The U.S. and Japan were never equal just as the U.S. and the Nazis were never equal. Both Japan and Germany were criminal entities. The U.S. was not.

Japs loved their leaders and their leaders' "grave mistakes". So much that they liked dying for them with a smile. The U.S. just helped them show their patriotism.

The surrender was unconditional. It was a voluntary act on the part of the U.S. to let them keep that clown, not a result of any negotiations, as negotiations always include you give me this and I will give you that.

Japanese cities were being destroyed quite well with conventional weapons but not quite well enough for their leaders to sign the paper and stop the shooting. It was the nukes that did the trick.

I love nukes when they save even one American life. Don't you?

Last edited:
"Reasonable negotiations" are between equals. The U.S. and Japan were never equal just as the U.S. and the Nazis were never equal. Both Japan and Germany were criminal entities. The U.S. was not.

Japs loved their leaders and their leaders' "grave mistakes". So much that they liked dying for them with a smile. The U.S. just helped them show their patriotism.

The surrender was unconditional. It was a voluntary act on the part of the U.S. to let them keep that clown, not a result of any negotiations, as negotiations always include you give me this and I will give you that.

Japanese cities were being destroyed quite well with conventional weapons but not quite well enough for their leaders to sign the paper and stop the shooting. It was the nukes that did the trick.

I love nukes when they save even one American life. Don't you?

I think the Soviet declaration of war was the final straw, not the nukes.

That damn Obama! Right now he's laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

What a bastard!

That damn Obama! Right now he's laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

What a bastard!

BO being a radical leftist probably would prefer doing something else, I'm sure.

I am planning to write a beautiful speech about striving for a peaceful world without nukes, artillery, tanks, machine guns, warships, knives, guns, rapists, murderers, crooked politicians, liberals, venomous snakes, hunger,...and everything else that can hurt even one human being.

Where would you want me to send it?

Use your imagination.

BO being a radical leftist probably would prefer doing something else, I'm sure.

I bet he'd even prefer crapping on your lawn, at least I hope so.

My apology speech in Hiroshima would be short:

I want to apologize to the people of Japan for our failure to anticipate your attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, and for not having at-the-ready two dozen, or so, A-bombs, thus not being able to end the war by noon of December 8, 1941, and save Japan from four years of suffering and unhealthy illusions as to the final outcome of the war your fathers had started.

Thank you.

Right-wingers get a hard on reading stuff like this. Everyone else just laughs.

I bet he'd even prefer crapping on your lawn, at least I hope so.

Maybe. I know those Occupy Wall Street leftists left 200 lbs. of feces in Santa Cruz, CA. in a big heap. I don't know what it is about lefties and fecal matter, but I'm sure it's fairly normal for them. :screwy

Even when he does what you want him to do, you still find a way to be mad about it.

Nobody is surprised.

Back
Top Bottom