• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BO Disgraces America At Hiroshima

Obama's speech was not an apology of any kind. He did not dishonor Memorial Day. The speech had absolutely nothing to do with Memorial Day. Hey Obama haters, he will be out of office soon. Calm down.

The notion that the bombing of Hiroshima was wrong has been a staple of leftist propaganda almost since it took place. The Soviets used it to support their claim that the U.S. was an aggressive nation and a threat to peace. This was a tactic Goebbels had used--blame your adversary for the very aggression you yourself are committing.

And yet Winston Churchill, who was very closely involved with the Allies' plans throughout the war, makes clear in his memoirs that none of the senior officials involved even questioned whether the bomb, once it had been tested and proven, should be used against Japan as soon as possible. Like those other officials, he saw it as a deliverance that spared both the U.S. and Britain the need for a horrifically blood invasion of Japan.

The notion that the bombing of Hiroshima was wrong has been a staple of leftist propaganda almost since it took place. The Soviets used it to support their claim that the U.S. was an aggressive nation and a threat to peace. This was a tactic Goebbels had used--blame your adversary for the very aggression you yourself are committing.

And yet Winston Churchill, who was very closely involved with the Allies' plans throughout the war, makes clear in his memoirs that none of the senior officials involved even questioned whether the bomb, once it had been tested and proven, should be used against Japan as soon as possible. Like those other officials, he saw it as a deliverance that spared both the U.S. and Britain the need for a horrifically blood invasion of Japan.

A Japan that had raised the question of surrender with the USSR?

My apology speech in Hiroshima would be short:

I want to apologize to the people of Japan for our failure to anticipate your attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, and for not having at-the-ready two dozen, or so, A-bombs, thus not being able to end the war by noon of December 8, 1941, and save Japan from four years of suffering and unhealthy illusions as to the final outcome of the war your fathers had started.

Thank you.

A Japan that had raised the question of surrender with the USSR?

My apology speech in Hiroshima would be short:

I want to apologize to the people of Japan for our failure to anticipate your attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, and for not having at-the-ready two dozen, or so, A-bombs, thus not being able to end the war by noon of December 8, 1941, and save Japan from four years of suffering and unhealthy illusions as to the final outcome of the war your fathers had started.

Thank you.

President Obama did not apologise although he should have. The deliberate targeting of civilians during war is a war-crime.

True. But a couple of factors are evident. (1) The G-7 had concluded a few days earlier. (2) A quick look at the agenda revealed nothing concerning the forthcoming US elections.

Obama hung around a few days after the G7 to make a speech at the site of the deaths of thousands of Japanese on our national holiday honoring our fallen war hero's. The Hiroshima speech could have just easily happened a couple of days earlier, leaving time in the US for one our important holidays.

Instead Obama chose this day, and gave that speech. Given that I'm politically fairly astute and that I know or care little about other elections and assume Japan's man on the street feels thje same, I'm going with the notion that at least that part was directed at the home audience.

Well according to Google Memorial Day is tomorrow, so I do not see the problem.

Here is some leftist propaganda for you to peruse at your leisure:

Was Hiroshima Necessary?

Well according to Google Memorial Day is tomorrow, so I do not see the problem.

You're correct. I've been thinking today is Memorial Day.

Here is some leftist propaganda for you to peruse at your leisure:

Was Hiroshima Necessary?

I read it and I am puzzled what part of:

We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces and to provide proper and adequate assurance of good faith in such action.

The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction.

...the Japs could not understand. Pretty simple sentence.

This is REALLY complicated, and you right wingers REALLY struggle with basic facts...

You leftists struggle with bunched up panties.

I must have struck a nerve with the kook left here, they are all butt hurt about BO making an a$$ out of himself in Japan.

there have already been threads on this crap. posting breitbart is foolish and in no way connected to reality.

Did you fart?

You leftists struggle with bunched up panties.

I must have struck a nerve with the kook left here, they are all butt hurt about BO making an a$$ out of himself in Japan.

You do not even bother to try and refute anything people say, do you? You just drop another load of mindless attacks and pat yourself on the back. What you might want to do, that would benefit you a whole lot, is learn what debate is. You do not debate, and this is why you fail.

Back
Top Bottom