• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blame The Democrats

It's a shame there are so many f'in stupid people in this country, isn't it?

Yup, and it's a shame they get elected on a Republican (and often a Dem) ticket.

Sucks being in a minority, doesn't it? Or would you like to argue that the tide of public opinion isn't really against you.

I am not a minority, I am white.

I don't care about 'public opinion', as the public is generally low information, totally ignorant, or only concerned with themselves.

The democrats have said they'd be more than happy to negotiate after the republicans open the government. But apparently, the republicans can't take "yes" for an answer.

That's not negotiation. You really think the Dems will come to the table after they get what they want? The ones who believe that are fools.

Just facts. Sorry you don't like them. It is a bet, and I suspect that he will win. I have no doubt the Republicans would do what he is doing if they could.

Nah... It's just projection. Simply another over-generalized internet rant based on emotion. Rather commonplace.

That's not negotiation. You really think the Dems will come to the table after they get what they want? The ones who believe that are fools.

Yes, I think they would...especially after they said they would.

Thus far I haven't seen an opinion poll that shows that more people blame the President and the Dems than they do the GOP. It only seems to be conservative pundits that see it that way.
And so it would be just liberal pundits that see it the other way...what's your point?

And your projection of projection... not so fine.

Well now that you put it that way... It reads completely different. It's like a great light has been turned on and everything is more clear now.

The democrats have said they'd be more than happy to negotiate after the republicans open the government. But apparently, the republicans can't take "yes" for an answer.

The democrats have a history of saying 'once you pass x we will talk about y'... but y never comes. Be it talking about cuts promised for a vote on raising the debt ceiling or taxes, or border security after a vote on amnesty, or ... it goes on and on.

Okay. This is all your fault, Democrats. That was easy. We are, after all, living in an "all or nothing" era. No more appropriations and a normal budget process. Just CRs ad nauseam because democrats really, really don't want to get into the numbers and all that messy stuff that's illuminating.

Sucks being in a minority, doesn't it? Or would you like to argue that the tide of public opinion isn't really against you.
Besides which we are on the ground right here, in the Good Ole US of A. We have a deep sense steeped of American history, our true culture, something you cannot put under an outside looking in microscope, squint away at, tidily categorize.

Now, you could get lucky with a guess, maybe.

The American people, public opinion, seem to rise to the occasion when push comes to shove. Even with a liberally biased media trying to put the blanket over it, smother truth with thick smoke.

We sure don't wanna become the failing big brother to collapsing sister Europe. So one also needs cross one's fingers...

Okay. This is all your fault, Democrats. That was easy. We are, after all, living in an "all or nothing" era. No more appropriations and a normal budget process. Just CRs ad nauseam because democrats really, really don't want to get into the numbers and all that messy stuff that's illuminating.

If this was the case, why haven't Republicans offered a budget bill that didn't also include their political agenda?

If this was the case, why haven't Republicans offered a budget bill that didn't also include their political agenda?
Under the current circumstances, why should they? I see no compelling reason for them to abandon their constituents. BTW, my brief description of the democrat led budget process is accurate.

Per the Constitution, the House originates spending bills related to incoming taxes. The SCOTUS found the individual mandate to be a 'tax'. Thus it is purview of the House to determine if and how that is spent.

Just glad to be in a position to give respiration to any needy flat liners. :mrgreen: :2wave:
I have an old crash cart, a spare O2 tank from an acetylene torch rig, and a truck battery if you need it. None of it actually works, but it'll make for a good photo op and people will praise your intentions.

All the opinion polls show that the public lays the blame at the door of the GOP. That's the point.
Polls are simply blurry snapshots in time, plus things change. Events occur, things teeter back and forth. The Republicans are standing on principal and the reality...that is a good thing for the country.

Fact of the matter is that liberal bias has camouflaged the fact that it is the president that is responsible for both Obamacare and the shutdown, both for which the American people have no particular desire.

I have an old crash cart, a spare O2 tank from an acetylene torch rig, and a truck battery if you need it. None of it actually works, but it'll make for a good photo op and people will praise your intentions.
For some folks nothing ever works... thanks anyhow...

For some folks nothing ever works... thanks anyhow...
You're welcome. I thought, with the NIH shut down and all, some flat liners might want a little false hope beyond signing up for Obamacare. Under Obamacare, they have to wait until January to not get help.

You're welcome. I thought, with the NIH shut down and all, some flat liners might want a little false hope beyond signing up for Obamacare. Under Obamacare, they have to wait until January to not get help.
Besides, most are, to be even rudimentally improved, in actual need of a full brain transplant... to my understanding they don't even do that now...the chances of that innovation under the coming Dark Ages of Healthcare are slim to slimmer and slimmer. :lamo :peace

Fact of the matter is that liberal bias has camouflaged the fact that it is the president that is responsible for both Obamacare and the shutdown, both for which the American people have no particular desire.

Obama is responsible for the ACA, which he signed into law, was judged constitutional by the SC and which he fought and won a presidential election on the back of. The shutdown seems to be at least 80% the GOP's doing.

Besides, most are, to be even rudimentally improved, in actual need of a full brain transplant... to my understanding they don't even do that now...the chances of that innovation under the coming Dark Ages of Healthcare are slim to slimmer and slimmer. :lamo :peace
Sounds like Albert Hall syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom