• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Blake Masters Wants to Fire All Generals and Replace Them With Conservatives

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Blake Masters, the Republican nominee for Senate in Arizona, has repeatedly said the U.S. should clean house on the senior ranks of the military, pushing the claim that all the generals and admirals are “woke” and “left-wing” losers who’ve never won a war.​
His solution? Fire them all, and promote “the most conservative colonels.”​
Masters obviously never served. The U.S. military is diverse. It is inclusive. It encourages independent thinking (to a degree) and initiative on the part of junior officers.

Leadership includes fostering strong relations and respect for its "blue collar employees," meaning the enlisted ranks.

Firing the professionals and replacing them with political toadies would be a terrific way to destroy the greatest fighting institution on the planet.

Blake Masters, the Republican nominee for Senate in Arizona, has repeatedly said the U.S. should clean house on the senior ranks of the military, pushing the claim that all the generals and admirals are “woke” and “left-wing” losers who’ve never won a war.​
Masters obviously never served. The U.S. military is diverse. It is inclusive. It encourages independent thinking (to a degree) and initiative on the part of junior officers.

Leadership includes fostering strong relations and respect for its "blue collar employees," meaning the enlisted ranks.

Firing the professionals and replacing them with political toadies would be a terrific way to destroy the greatest fighting institution on the planet.
The problem is, like everything else to MAGAs, the military is only as good and professional as Trump and his sychophants say it is.

Blake Masters changes his opinion like a chameleon. Now that he won the Primary he has scrubbed or altered his website on many issues like immigration, abortion, military.

As far as the military he does not have a clue. All he has is talking points.

Just another example of how eager conservatives are to turn this country into Russia.

Of course he wants to politicize the military. He's a Nazi. He knows he can't get what he wants without the military on his side.

I think a better solution is to fire the Commander in Chief.

Then, if the Generals don't follow the new CinC's orders...fire them.

Legal orders, illegal orders, or both?

We voters did fire Trump. And replaced him with Biden.

Thank God.
Yes. And now we have Generals who "are “woke” and “left-wing” losers who’ve never won a war".

That's why we need to fire the CinC.

Shrug...the last commander in chief was already fired partly because he spurred his Trump Traitors to insurrection.

Yes. And now we have Generals who "are “woke” and “left-wing” losers who’ve never won a war".

What generals are those? Do you think there are a bunch of new generals since Biden took office?

Your next chance to fire the president is in 2024. I do t think the majority of Americans will be with you though.

What generals are those? Do you think there are a bunch of new generals since Biden took office?
You'll have to ask the OP.

I was quoting him, after all.

Your next chance to fire the president is in 2024. I do t think the majority of Americans will be with you though.
We'll have to wait and see, but that doesn't alter my opinion.

......except that claim is patently false.

Political commissars leading the war machine. That never turns out poorly...

Blake the mistake...

Oh yes, military purges, that never goes badly.
I'd love to see what the reaction of conservatives would be if a Democrat decided to say something this stupid.

Oh yes, military purges, that never goes badly.
I'd love to see what the reaction of conservatives would be if a Democrat decided to say something this stupid.
'America-hating trans-islamic hoplophobic lesbo-marxist!'

What war did the US win during the Trump era?
The war on Christmas doesn't count by the way.

'America-hating trans-islamic hoplophobic lesbo-marxist!'

I am?
Oh, I don't know about the rest but I like America just fine.

Back
Top Bottom