• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bishop apologizes, Nicholas Sandmann: “premature statement”

I get that. And I have problems with some of the mascots and traditions of our sports team. But it is a transgression of a different order when you do it directly to Native Americans.

Why? What is so special about Native Americans? Phillips was acting in the most intimidating and harassing way. like a drunk old wino. He deserved to be laughed at.

There weren't enough of them, not understanding that dangerous radicals and attention whore wackos like Phillips stake out national monuments in DC watching for anyone to harass or beg for money from.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Did you even watch the video leading up to where they were chanting and dancing in time with Phillips's drum?

Why? What is so special about Native Americans? Phillips was acting in the most intimidating and harassing way. like a drunk old wino. He deserved to be laughed at.

Where did I say the kids were wrong for laughing?

I get that. And I have problems with some of the mascots and traditions of our sports team. But it is a transgression of a different order when you do it directly to Native Americans.

I really don't believe they were being bigoted and confrontational. Most of the kids looked like they thought the Native Americans were asking them to join in, until the stare off become obvious for what it was.
It was clumsy and immature and they didn't/couldn't read the situation for what it was.
And sure, the chaperones should have been more aware and told them not to engage ANYONE and stand there quietly until their bus came.
It's something any city person knows, but not city folk? They don't know what they don't know.

I mean I hope these kids and their families sue the every living Schiff out of the Diocese, Phillips, blue-check lunatics on Twitter, Ilhan Omar and every media outlet that told lies about them.
And no, dear no! I never said that! Unless you think school chaperones should be armed.

Sorry, but mockery is not going to get you out of the fact that you either (1) did not watch the video, or (2) you have no clue how frenzied boys act, or (3) physical safety is not very high on your priority list.

Anyone surprised that Phillips is an alcoholic?

He doesn't look well and seems to be mentally unstable. Perhpas that's amplified by alcohol. Although I am aware that Native Americans have a history with alcoholism and its devastating effects.
What Mr. Phillips does display is addict behavior. He sees no wrong in lying to people and manipulating them and takes no ownership for his actions, choosing to portray himself as the victim.

Frenzied boys!

ray liotta laughing.jpg

The kids were ill prepared for the nutjobs who reside in D.C.

If you mean BHI, then I agree. And who's job was it to caution the boys against engaging knuckleheads?

You have no clue what you're talking about. Did you even watch the video leading up to where they were chanting and dancing in time with Phillips's drum?

Why shouldn't they do that? The new Democratic Party's rule against dancing and chanting?

Why shouldn't they do that? The new Democratic Party's rule against dancing and chanting?

Nice deflection attempt. Did you even watch the video leading up to where they were chanting and dancing in time with Phillips's drum?

And the chaperones not doing their jobs of keeping the boys way away from those BHI lunatics.

The chaperones did a great job. All the kids made it home safe and sound. And now we all know (all but you) the MSM was pushing a big fat lie.
Just admit you are 100% wrong. We all know it already.

The chaperones did a great job. All the kids made it home safe and sound. And now we all know (all but you) the MSM was pushing a big fat lie.
Just admit you are 100% wrong. We all know it already.

As I said on the other thread, 0/10 projection attempt. Next!

Bishop apologizes, Nicholas Sandmann: “premature statement”.

The Bishop of Covington on Friday apologized to parents of Covington Catholic High School for being “bullied” into issuing a “premature statement” regarding an incident involving some of its students and a Native American activist during last Friday’s March for Life event in Washington, D.C.
“Within hours we were being pressured from all sides to make a statement regarding a video clip which purportedly showed students from Covington Catholic High School being disrespectful to Native American Elder Nathan Phillips,” Bishop Roger J. Foys wrote in a letter.

https://www.globaldmag.com/2019/01/26/bishop-apologizes-nicholas-sandmann-premature-statement/

While many Democrats were cheering their claim that the student(s) would be expelled and ruined, from day one I predicted there would be no discipline of the students. The students behaved perfectly. Phillips acted like an abusive old wino in conduct extremely degrading about Native Americans while doing so.

Thanks joko104 for posting this update.

This is a BIG deal! It shows how much damage was done in the early stages on the MSM pushing a big fat lie.
Many innocent people have been severely harmed by the wacky SJW. Great to see the apologies from the Bishop of Covington.

The Bishop of Covington on Friday apologized to parents of Covington Catholic High School for being “bullied” into issuing a “premature statement” regarding an incident involving some of its students and a Native American activist during last Friday’s March for Life event in Washington, D.C.
“Within hours we were being pressured from all sides to make a statement regarding a video clip which purportedly showed students from Covington Catholic High School being disrespectful to Native American Elder Nathan Phillips,” Bishop Roger J. Foys wrote in a letter.

If you mean BHI, then I agree. And who's job was it to caution the boys against engaging knuckleheads?

I meant them and Phillips.

I gather your view is that the kids should have pressed against Phillips with each kid ringing a bell within inches of Phillip's ears while they chanted the Lord's Prayer in Latin as they stared at him with blank faces? In your opinion, that would be the "respectful" thing for the kids to do, correct?

What do you say that Phillips did respectful to their religion and race, given how much most Democrats and the MSM stress Phillip's race?

https://www.globaldmag.com/2019/01/26/bishop-apologizes-nicholas-sandmann-premature-statement/

While many Democrats were cheering their claim that the student(s) would be expelled and ruined, from day one I predicted there would be no discipline of the students. The students behaved perfectly. Phillips acted like an abusive old wino in conduct extremely degrading about Native Americans while doing so.

Unfortunately, waiting for all the truth to come out. Is something that many people in this instance were not willing to do.

Even some republican, liberal and moderate figures got into the mess. Not just the left this time around.

Try reading again. The kids were doing what they obtained permission from the adults to do - doing their school's cheer.

A Catholic school's cheer is an Indian war cry w/the tomahawk chop? Really?? Can I turn back the clock and attend this morally superior, faith-based high school? :roll:

These kids could have choose any song in the book INCLUDING their school fight song. Hell, they're Christian kids, right? Why not a church hymn? But no...they choose that ole sports refrain with the hand jester to boot! While I do take the position that "boys will be boys" and openly admit that if I were there in their shoes at their age, I probably would have done the same thing. However, with age comes wisdom and even I can see that these kids acted very immature in their frenzie to drown out the BHI men and mock the Native American.

I don't blame them one bit for starting things - that was the BHI men for sure - but I do blame the chaperones somewhat for not making better decisions to distance the students from this situation. I understand the students were directed to rendezvous at the Lincoln Memorial, but they could have gathered up the students and moved them to a different location away from their verbal assailants.

Other than your message apparently declaring hatred of all boys, you did not identify any misconduct by the kids. It was your side acting completely in the wrong.

What the school needs to do in the future for field trips is include professional security guards to be available to protect the children from potential future harassment and potential violence from radical violent leftwingers who now openly claim anyone who opposes the Catholic Church or Trump can and should get in the face of and even violently attack them - even children. Parents need to recognize just how dangerous to their children some Democrats have become.

To the portion in bold...can we say OVER-KILL? Dude...it ain't that deep. It's a teachable moment for sure, but it doesn't call for all that! Reprimand the students and their chaperones and improve your protocol on how to better handle such situations in the future. Problem solved.

Getting tired of pushing a false narrative finally. Glad to hear that.

Again with the projection. You are pushing false narratives because you have no clue what you're talking about.

I meant them and Phillips.

You do remember the component about the nearby BHI knuckleheads, right?

I gather your view is that the kids should have pressed against Phillips with each kid ringing a bell within inches of Phillip's ears while they chanted the Lord's Prayer in Latin as they stared at him with blank faces? In your opinion, that would be the "respectful" thing for the kids to do, correct?

And now I see you're at the "let's ask deliberately stupid questions" stage of your fail. You would be better off that you have no clue understanding the group psychology of frenzied teenage boys or the duties of their chaperones. Maybe you would just let them run wild and do as they please, because they pretty much did that.

I don't blame them one bit for starting things - that was the BHI men for sure - but I do blame the chaperones somewhat for not making better decisions to distance the students from this situation. I understand the students were directed to rendezvous at the Lincoln Memorial, but they could have gathered up the students and moved them to a different location away from their verbal assailants.

You don't understand, Objective. The boys "did nothing wrong," and therefore, "the chaperones did nothing wrong." /s

Yes, that's actually the gist of the laysplaining that has been pushed repeatedly on this thread by people who haven't the slightest clue what they're talking about.

The church ought not to be using children as tools for political gain.

The parents ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I do love the blatant hypocrisy. Kids who survive the FL school shootings aren't allowed to be political al but these kids are perfect Angels and heroes.

Kids ought to be being kids. Shame on the scumbag Catholic church, and their useless parents.

You don't understand, Objective. The boys "did nothing wrong," and therefore, "the chaperones did nothing wrong." /s

Yes, that's actually the gist of the laysplaining that has been pushed repeatedly on this thread by people who haven't the slightest clue what they're talking about.

Oh, they know. They're just defending these kid's behavior because it fits both with their freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, religious liberty and cultural identity narratives. I get it...but sometimes you can be right but still be wrong.

The students were right for standing up for themselves, but they were wrong in how they did it.

The chaperones were right in allowing the students to stand up against being verbally assaulted, but the better approach would have been to "do what Jesus would have done" - turn the other cheek and walk away because nothing good was to be gained by allowing a bunch of Catholic boys to give the impression that they would or could act non-Christ-like. The optics were terrible for them despite people with common sense knowing they were only standing up for themselves. Sometimes, you just have to take the high ground. These kids didn't do that and it didn't help that their chaperones failed to separate the students from both situations. Still, again I give credit where credit is due. Both Mr. Sandmann and Mr. Phillips' actions helped defuse both situations. Things could have turned out alot worse.

This seems to show more about the Church's willingness to appease hateful viewpoints and to punish/hurt innocent people than to do what is right.

In my mind the boys' chaperones are even more deplorable than the boys themselves.

I'll see if you're the first one to figure out why. A lot of people have tried to laysplain to me otherwise and have failed miserably in their attempts.

Because the chaperones were seducing young boys instead of watching over their wards?

It's about time the radical Left was regarded as the dangerous faction they are. If something as innocuous as school cheer songs and standing in place will lead to death threats TO CHILDREN, it's time to fight fire with fire. School children going to these pro-life rallies do indeed need professional security.

Careful though... Native Americans can use that fire to create smoke signals and call in back-up/...

Back
Top Bottom