• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bisexuality.

What do you think bisexuality is?

• Bisexuals are just lying to themselves or are curious heterosexuals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bisexuals are just lying to themselves or are curious homosexuals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CLAX1911

Supreme knower of all
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I had an interesting debate with several members on this forum about bisexuality. Now I am curious, how do you define bisexual Debate Politics members? You can vote in the poll or you can skip it.

Regardless of gender what do you think about it?

Last edited:
I had an interesting debate with several members on this forum about bisexuality. Now I am curious, how do you define bisexual Debate Politics members? You can vote in the poll or you can skip it.

It's someone who doesn't care where their sexual pleasure comes from as long as it comes.

Defining bi-sexuality is difficult when you find there are other labels out there such as pan sexual, hetero-flexible, and homo-flexible. Pan, of course is the most confusing to separate out from bi-sexual. I guess a bi-sexual would be limited to only the two human genders and a pan-sexual would bop anything that has human level intelligence? Of course that could leave out some humans. ;)

The flexibles, I get at least. It says that for the most part you are that orientation, hetero or homo, but will not dismiss out of hand a relationship (be it intimate and emotional or strictly physical) with someone of the opposite gender from your main orientation if the conditions are right. With that said, I cite Logan's Law #2: "There is an exception to every rule....including this one." As one who believes that love can be truly blind to things such as gender, especially if you believe in things like soul bonds and life bonds, then a person can have a single exception to their orientation and not be bi, pan, or flexible.

And as always when it comes up about bi's or switches being confused, I pull out this little nugget: Bi, Poly, Switch: I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy.

It's someone who doesn't care where their sexual pleasure comes from as long as it comes.

I would slightly rephrase this ."Someone who does not care what anyone else thinks, when seeking sexual pleasure."

I have know bisexuals in each category and more.

I am married to a guy but if I was single and met a woman I connected with, I'd probably try to start a relationship with her. I guess that makes me bisexual but I don't see the sexual part of it. To me it's about finding a connection, no matter the gender.

Defining bi-sexuality is difficult when you find there are other labels out there such as pan sexual, hetero-flexible, and homo-flexible. Pan, of course is the most confusing to separate out from bi-sexual. I guess a bi-sexual would be limited to only the two human genders and a pan-sexual would bop anything that has human level intelligence? Of course that could leave out some humans. ;)

The flexibles, I get at least. It says that for the most part you are that orientation, hetero or homo, but will not dismiss out of hand a relationship (be it intimate and emotional or strictly physical) with someone of the opposite gender from your main orientation if the conditions are right. With that said, I cite Logan's Law #2: "There is an exception to every rule....including this one." As one who believes that love can be truly blind to things such as gender, especially if you believe in things like soul bonds and life bonds, then a person can have a single exception to their orientation and not be bi, pan, or flexible.

And as always when it comes up about bi's or switches being confused, I pull out this little nugget: Bi, Poly, Switch: I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy.
I am pretty much in the same realm of thinking. My thoughts on it really is who cares. If somebody wants to be called klingosexual more power to you. Who am I to judge? Than you have the gray spectrum and I believe there are thirteen categories of them. So call yourself what you want.

Most bisexuals are genuinely bisexual and are sexually attracted to both genders.

I guess a bi-sexual would be limited to only the two human genders and a pan-sexual would bop anything that has human level intelligence?

No, pansexuals are not into beastiality. They are not into pedophillia or necrophillia either. Pansexuality is different from bisexuality in that it includes people who are intersex and/or fall outside the gender binary. Transmen, Transwomen, Intersex, and androgynous people are generally regarded as being outside the typical gender binary.

I am married to a guy but if I was single and met a woman I connected with, I'd probably try to start a relationship with her. I guess that makes me bisexual but I don't see the sexual part of it. To me it's about finding a connection, no matter the gender.

A relationship without sexual attraction/components is a friendship. You're bifriendly.

A relationship without sexual attraction/components is a friendship. You're bifriendly.

I haven't heard the term Bifriendly before. But if Bisexual means you enjoy sex with both sexes then Bifriendly means you enjoy being friends with both sexes? In that case I guess I am Bifriendly.

Doubles your chances on Saturday night!

I see sexuality in terms of shades of grey rather than absolutes and mutually exclusive dichotomies. It would be difficult to analyze since society plays such as strong part in shaping and restricting attitudes towards sexuality, but I imagine that if the effects of socialization could be stripped away, people would be more inclined towads varying intensities of attraction. Some or most would be exclusively heterosexual, some would be exclusively homosexual, but more would fall into that territory in between and to varying degrees.

I haven't heard the term Bifriendly before. But if Bisexual means you enjoy sex with both sexes then Bifriendly means you enjoy being friends with both sexes? In that case I guess I am Bifriendly.
I just made it up. :lamo I don't know what else you can consider it to be. My best friend in Michigan was like that. We hung out and had lots of fun. We shared opinions and beliefs on lots of things. We basically shared everything with each other except ****.I'm more "homofriendly" I guess? I've never had many female friends. I think the overwhelming majority of women suck at friendship. I'm a "guy's guy".

No, pansexuals are not into beastiality. They are not into pedophillia or necrophillia either. Pansexuality is different from bisexuality in that it includes people who are intersex and/or fall outside the gender binary. Transmen, Transwomen, Intersex, and androgynous people are generally regarded as being outside the typical gender binary.

I think you went down a road I never intended. What I had in mind, albeit somewhat tongue-in-cheek, was more along the lines of "aliens" or of terrestrial life of human intelligence level that we've somehow not made contact with yet. Not sure where you got pedophillia from. Nothing I said in that post even remotely implied being of adult level. As to the necrophillia, that's from so far out of left field that I am not sure we're even on the same playing field. Unless you want to take my alien concept a little further and include vampires and other intelligent undead. I do have to question if a human level intelligence furred four legged being was found, would it still count as bestiality as the individual wouldn't really be a beast?

All that aside, are you saying that basically a pan sexual would be attracted to anything (within whatever personality/physical trait criteria they might have) whereas a bi-sexual would only be attracted to those who were solidly male or female?

Bisexuality is the emotional and physical attraction to either of the binary sexes. Some may be equally attracted to both, some tend to have a "lean," and in the gray area exists the "hetero/homoflexible" who may, on very rare occasion, find themselves attracted to the sex not normally of their preference.

Others have mentioned pansexual, but this is somewhat different to me. Pansexuals seem to experience attraction based more on expression than on sex or gender, and thus their partners of preference may be any sex or gender, including non-binary, and this is not typically the case with bisexuals.

I think a bisexual is someone who is sexually attracted to both sexes and is capable of having true romantic relationships with a person of either sex.

I just made it up. :lamo I don't know what else you can consider it to be. My best friend in Michigan was like that. We hung out and had lots of fun. We shared opinions and beliefs on lots of things. We basically shared everything with each other except ****.I'm more "homofriendly" I guess? I've never had many female friends. I think the overwhelming majority of women suck at friendship. I'm a "guy's guy".

Yup, I know this one. Had one of my own for over a decade. I think of her a lot like a partner, but we just don't screw, and the feelings are more "warm/committed" than overtly romantic, per se. Pretty sure we're gonna grow old together. :lol:

This was actually a fairly common and well-discussed phenomenon a few centuries ago. There's less appreciation for "romantic friendship" than there used to be.

Last edited:
Doubles your chances on Saturday night!

I knew a bi lady who made exactly the same observation.

I knew a straight lady who complained about bi ladies that they doubled their chances and this was not fair.

I have known many people of various persuasions who are otherwise sane, but when their life course approaches sex, rationality is the first bit of baggage to be discarded.

As a species, we are a notably thought free when pleasure is a close possibility. In the areas of guilt, blame, accusation and judgement, however, we over think everything.

All that aside, are you saying that basically a pan sexual would be attracted to anything (within whatever personality/physical trait criteria they might have) whereas a bi-sexual would only be attracted to those who were solidly male or female?

Yes, that is what I am saying.

Back
Top Bottom