• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bipartisan Senate report say 2017 intel assessment about Russian interference and Trump was accurate

You mean like handing the Kremlin internal polling data in order to focus on the three states that put him over the edge?

Or are you referring to one of the 120, other contacts outlined in the Mueller report that Trump's people had with Russian operatives???

I am referring to the longstanding and discredited claim that Trump & Co. conspired with Russia to fix the 2016 election.

The investigation was over the belief that Mr. Trump had conspired with Russia.
That's been the big concern.
The basis of thinking this was so, is what Durham is investigating.

That is blatantly false. Both oversight investigations have concluded that the opening of these investigations were NOT based on any preconceptions or presumptions. They properly based on probable cause and it would been a dereliction of duty for them not look into these indications of Russian interference.

That is blatantly false. Both oversight investigations have concluded that the opening of these investigations were NOT based on any preconceptions or presumptions. They properly based on probable cause and it would been a dereliction of duty for them not look into these indications of Russian interference.

Again--- what has torn this country up over the past three years ISN'T that Russia sought to interfere in the election.

What had torn the country up is the claim that Mr. Trump CONSPIRED in those efforts.

Whether the government was justified in thinking the Trump campaign was doing so is what Horowitz and Durham were and are looking into.

The Senate said today the conclusion by the intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the election is sound.
As the AP story pointed out, they have yet to release their report as to whether Trump and/or his campaign participated in such Russian efforts.

The report also shows that the Steele Dossier was never the basis for the decisions of the ICA. Republicans have been lying about that all along.

The report also shows that the Steele Dossier was never the basis for the decisions of the ICA. Republicans have been lying about that all along.

Different issue. The Steele Dossier was used to support the argument that Trump & Co. were conspiring with the efforts of Russia.

Different issue. The Steele Dossier was used to support the argument that Trump & Co. were conspiring with the efforts of Russia.

This report says that is not actually the case. It was included in an appendix but did not inform the decisions made because it was unverified. You should read the report instead of just a headline.

Again--- what has torn this country up over the past three years ISN'T that Russia sought to interfere in the election.

What had torn the country up is the claim that Mr. Trump CONSPIRED in those efforts.

Whether the government was justified in thinking the Trump campaign was doing so is what Horowitz and Durham were and are looking into.

The Senate said today the conclusion by the intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the election is sound.
As the AP story pointed out, they have yet to release their report as to whether Trump and/or his campaign participated in such Russian efforts.

And again for the umpteenth time. The DOJ IG and the Senate Intelligence committee own investigations of the origins of the investigation concluded that it had proper authorized purpose and predication and was free of political bias or influence. This is presumably what Mr Barr has charged Mr Durham with investigating. There's no reason or foundation for such an investigation of the origins of the investigation anymore other than of course for overtly political purposes. What has torn this country apart if Mr Trump's lies and his preference getting into bed with our enemies to suit and advance his own political and personal interest. And has happened again with this virus. Only this time with devastating results. And he and the Repubs are practically handing out an engraved invitation to the Russians to do it again in 2020 given that they imposed no real consequences for their actions, choosing to believe them over our own people, and by not only showing no interest in advancing any legislation or programs for enhancing security for this upcoming election. But by actually actively opposing any legislation or enhancement. May I also remind you that Mueller himself openly disavowed the conclusions Mr Barr made about his report. So let's just say for the time being that the jury is still out on that one.

"womp womp".

I'm sure Hannity is already hard at work trying to crap out another conspiracy theory.

Oh yeah. That massive liar lives to lie.

i bet this thread, and Trump's total **** up regarding downplaying the virus, have to be devastating to them

And again for the umpteenth time. The DOJ IG and the Senate Intelligence committee own investigations of the origins of the investigation concluded that it had proper authorized purpose and predication and was free of political bias or influence. This is presumably what Mr Barr has charged Mr Durham with investigating. There's no reason or foundation for such an investigation of the origins of the investigation anymore other than of course for overtly political purposes. What has torn this country apart if Mr Trump's lies and his preference getting into bed with our enemies to suit and advance his own political and personal interest. And has happened again with this virus. Only this time with devastating results. And he and the Repubs are practically handing out an engraved invitation to the Russians to do it again in 2020 given that they imposed no real consequences for their actions, choosing to believe them over our own people, and by not only showing no interest in advancing any legislation or programs for enhancing security for this upcoming election. But by actually actively opposing any legislation or enhancement. May I also remind you that Mueller himself openly disavowed the conclusions Mr Barr made about his report. So let's just say for the time being that the jury is still out on that one.

Hey, not bad fiction. Make it a book. Democrats want to read that crap.

this post is a lie and this poster wasn't part of the National Security Briefings.

Oh god amity. The Virus was not in the USA when so called downplaying happened. And it was not merely Trump, the entire Democrat groups all downplayed it.

Stop putting blame only on Trump.

Barr is not investigating the Russians, he is investigating the Democrats.

Also why are you not complaining that the report is largely blacked out?

Everybody posting knows Russia and Ukraine interfered in the election.

Who the hell said that Barr or Durham is investigating the Russians? And they're not investigating the Democrats either. They're investigating the investigators. Which are our own counter-intelligence agencies. Which are by definition not Democrat, or Republican And no there isn't any evidence at all that Ukraine interfered in our elections. But there's a ton of evidence that they being coerced by Trump to do so. Go study up and come back when you get a clue.

Last edited:
I am referring to the longstanding and discredited claim that Trump & Co. conspired with Russia to fix the 2016 election.

Saying it's discredited is taking great liberties. The Mueller report said that it was unproven, in no small part due to resistance of the major players to cooperate.

The rest is just spin.

Who the hell said that Barr or Durham is investigating the Russians? And they're not investigating the Democrats either. They're investigating the investigators. Which are own counter-intelligence agencies. Which are by definition not Democrat, or Republican And no there isn't any evidence at all that Ukraine interfered in our elections. But there's a ton of evidence that they being coerced by Trump to do so. Go study up and come back when you get a clue.

Democrats so hate Trump of course it is Democrats Barr is investigating.

We knew for eons now that Russia did meddle. But Democrats blamed it on Trump. Trump played no role in that bogus investigation designed to blame Trump and they missed their target. Badly in fact.

Besides we have now long had the Mueller report that did attack Russians and how is his prosecutions working out for Mueller? How well did he do against the Russians?

Oh god amity. The Virus was not in the USA when so called downplaying happened. And it was not merely Trump, the entire Democrat groups all downplayed it.

Stop putting blame only on Trump.

dude, do you have any idea how National Security Briefings go and what can and cannot be released to the public and who the President is?

look, if you don't, watch some fictional show about the executive branch and that will get you started. then read about what those people in that room are allowed to talk about to the press.

it's like i'm talking to Trump's wall.

This report says that is not actually the case. It was included in an appendix but did not inform the decisions made because it was unverified. You should read the report instead of just a headline.

The Senate report is silent on the issue which matters:
Did the Trump campaign CONSPIRE with Russia in the latter's efforts to screw with the election.

It's a fair question to ask why the FBI wanted the dossier included in intelligence assessment given that they have the opinion it was Russian disinformation.

There are three issues here:

1. Did Russia seek to interfere in the 2016 election?
2. If so, did they do so in order to help Trump be elected?
3. If so, did the Trump campaign, or anyone in the campaign, conspire in Russia's efforts?

After the election, President Obama directed the intelligence agencies to determine whether Russia had interfered in the election. They concluded that yes Russia had and for the purpose of benefiting Trump.
That is what the Senate committee was reviewing. And they determined that their conclusion was sound

But it said nothing about what which really matters: Did anyone in the Trump campaign, or the campaign as a whole, conspire with Russia.

The complaint has been the Obama Admin spun a tale of Trump & Co. complicity in said interference, and whether there was sufficient justification to tell such a story.
That's what Horowitz and Durhan are examining.

A report which concludes that Russia interfered in the election has nothing to do with whether it was correct to think the Trump campaign was complicit.

Have you read the book in my Avatar yet? Do you want to learn the truth?

Why would I? It doesn't appear that you derived any benefit in being able to discern the truth from it. For Christ's sake you're here disseminating Russian disinformation on Ukraine and the election. By I do agree it is a time for a reckoning of the truth. Come November. But I don't think you're going like the truth that is going to be revealed then.

Why would I? It doesn't appear that you derived any benefit in being able to discern the truth from it. For Christ's sake you're here disseminating Russian disinformation on Ukraine and the election. By I do agree it is a time for a reckoning of the truth. Come November. But I don't think you're going like the truth that is going to be revealed then.

God no. I do not favor Russia but clearly you favor Ukraine. I see what they do wrong. But when will you see the same thing.

I personally see the Democrats tirades like they were in 2016. When it is over, they will whine they again won the popular vote and like last time, it won't matter.

Back
Top Bottom