• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bipartisan Senate report say 2017 intel assessment about Russian interference and Trump was accurate

Atomic Kid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Bipartisan Senate report says 2017 intel assessment about Russian interference and Trump was accurate

A bipartisan investigation by the Senate Intelligence Committee has validated the January 2017 U.S. intelligence assessment describing Russia interference in the 2016 presidential election — including Russian efforts to help Donald Trump — describing it as accurate, thorough, and untainted by political bias.

The Committee found no reason to dispute the Intelligence Community's conclusions," said Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C.

The CIA and other spy agencies produced the assessment during the final weeks of the Obama administration, and a version of it was made public on Jan. 6, 2017. It told a story of a Russian covert operation designed to undermine American democracy that evolved into an attempt to help Trump win.

The new report by the Republican-run committee — which examines how the assessment was put together — undercuts criticisms by some of President Trump's supporters that the spy agencies overstated Russia's activities. A long-running theory on the right holds that the assessment was "rigged" by a cabal of hand-picked intelligence analysts led by then-CIA Director John Brennan, who has become a vocal Trump critic.

The Senate report found no evidence of that. To the contrary, the intelligence committee was told that debate over the conclusions was free flowing and that no one exerted undue influence.

"In all the interviews of those who drafted and prepared the (assessment), the Committee heard consistently that analysts were under no politically motivated pressure to reach specific conclusions," the report says. "All analysts ... were free to debate, object to content, and assess confidence levels."

That conclusion is significant, because it comes as a prosecutor appointed by Attorney General William Barr is said to be examining Brennan's role in the assessment, which was written based on intelligence gathered by the CIA, the FBI and the National Security Agency, among others.

Barr has suggested Durham may indict people.

Time for Barr to call off the witch hunt. There now exists no predication for his Trump ordered investigation.

Last edited:
Speaking of Durham, I thought his report was going to be out months ago, and everyone under the sun was going to be indicted (except of course the blessed Trump family who are pure as babies' bottoms).

Oooooooooo!!! Scary looking John Durham with his evil hairy-eyeball facial expression!!!!

Durham mockery.jpg

Speaking of Durham, I thought his report was going to be out months ago, and everyone under the sun was going to be indicted (except of course the blessed Trump family who are pure as babies' bottoms).

May have start a #FreeDurham Twitter campaign, as he appears that he's being held hostage.

Some exhibitionists, sheezz

John Durham's head looks like a penis that forgot where pubic hair is supposed to grow.

Я Баба Яга [emoji328]

Just remember folks, the same Senate Republicans who did not vote to convict Trump, and claimed this was all a witch hunt, are now agreeing with what they called a lie just weeks ago.

I won't care if the next Democrat to be elected is Fantomas' ghost. I won't care if they beat puppies and make flavorless white people's potato salad. I won't care if they decide to take a **** on the WH lawn and wipe their ass with the American flag while "Judge Pirro" is forced to watch.

Absolutely nothing they do will be impeachable thanks to the standard set by Republicans who are now accepting what we all knew to be true MONTHS ago.

Я Баба Яга [emoji328]

Well, Durham doesn't work that fast to start with. So I think the idea really was just to be able to say that there is an ongoing 'active investigation' during the course of the 2020 campaign. Because often just saying that there is an investigation can be politically damaging to whomever is being allegedly targeted by it, even if nothing comes of it. Hillary being exhibit #1. Exhibit #2 being the President's attempted shake down of Ukraine. Trying to coerce them into publicly announcing an investigation of the Bidens by making the release of withheld vital military aid contingent upon such an announcement is yet another example of that kind of sordid political strategy. Which I fully expect Trump will continue to employ.

Well, Durham doesn't work that fast to start with. So I think the idea really was just to be able to say that there is an ongoing 'active investigation' during the course of 2020 campaign. Because often just saying that there is an investigation can be politically damaging to whomever is being allegedly targeted by it, even if nothing comes of it. Hillary being exhibit #1. Exhibit #2 being the President's attempted shake down of Ukraine. Trying to coerce them into publicly announcing an investigation of the Bidens by making the release of withheld vital military aid contingent upon such an announcement is yet another example of that kind of sordid political strategy. Which I fully expect Trump will continue to employ.

Speaking of investigations into the Deep State and other assorted terrible characters who don't worship at the Temple of Trump, where is that investigation into Hunter Biden we were promised? I thought that was a matter of national urgency according to Princess Lindsey Graham and some of the others.

Why that's Dead Eye Durham. I remember him from the war...

I think I can do a better pic. I'm not making my eyes "hairy" enough and my mouth isn't open.
Got the eyebrows right, though!

Speaking of investigations into the Deep State and other assorted terrible characters who don't worship at the Temple of Trump, where is that investigation into Hunter Biden we were promised? I thought that was a matter of national urgency according to Princess Lindsey Graham and some of the others.

Oh don't you worry. Senate Republican chairmen are making plans to plow ahead with an investigation as we speak. And it involves the usual suspects, of course.

Senators clashed over Hunter Biden probe in classified briefing - POLITICO

A key Senate committee is vowing to press forward with its investigation targeting former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter, despite logistical challenges posed by the global coronavirus pandemic.

The probe, which Democrats vigorously oppose, has fueled tension among the Senate’s ranks, even breaking out into a rare and previously unreported verbal altercation between senators during a classified briefing.

The Senate Homeland Security Committee’s Republican-led inquiry was entering a critical phase last month when senators dropped all nonessential work to focus on delivering economic and medical relief as the coronavirus reached a crisis point in the United States. The Senate is not due back in Washington until April 20 at the earliest.

“While the chairman is primarily focused on the once-in-a-generation crisis we’re experiencing, our oversight staff is continuing to push ahead with their work. Nothing has changed in our long-term plans for our investigations,” said Austin Altenburg, a spokesman for the committee’s chairman, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.).

In fact, a Senate staffer working on the probe explicitly told one witness’ legal team several weeks ago — just before the wave of lockdowns — that the coronavirus pandemic would not impede the committee’s probe, according to a source familiar with the matter.

And less than a month ago, a top-secret briefing centered on 2020 election security spiraled into a combative and partisan snipe-fest when Democratic senators began asking about the Biden investigation. It was a reflection of the widespread uneasiness surrounding the probe that was apparent even before the coronavirus pandemic became senators’ top priority.

The article seems to have forgotten that the concern was that Trump and/or his campaign had conspired with Russia in those efforts...

No, the concern was that the counter-intelligence investigation and findings was unduly motivated and colored by political bias. The Senate investigation has concluded that it wasn't, and the findings of that counter-intelligence investigation that the Russians were helping Trump were accurate. The DOJ Inspector General's investigation reached the same conclusions that the FBI's counter-intelligence investigation was properly predicated and free of political bias. Clearly there can no longer exist any credible foundation, or predication for Barr's and Durham's investigation. Can't really blame the Repubs for wanting to utilize the same dirty tricks again, seeing as though it worked so well for them in 2016.

No, the concern was that the counter-intelligence investigation and findings was unduly motivated and colored by political bias. The Senate investigation has concluded that it wasn't, and the findings of that counter-intelligence investigation that the Russians were helping Trump were accurate. The DOJ Inspector General's investigation reached the same conclusions that the FBI's counter-intelligence investigation was properly predicated and free of political bias. Clearly there can no longer exist any credible foundation, or predication for Barr's and Durham's investigation. Can't really blame the Repubs for wanting to utilize the same dirty tricks again, seeing as though it worked so well for them in 2016.

I'm sorry, but the claim that the debate over the past three years was about whether Russia wanted to help Trump in 2016 is nonsense.
The concern was whether Mr. Trump had conspired with Russia in those efforts.

The Senate committee is confirming that Russia tried to mess with the election and is saying that the intelligence agencies were correct in their concern about Russian interference.
But that has NOTHING to do with the investigation and belief that the Trump campaign conspired.

I'm sorry, but the claim that the debate over the past three years was about whether Russia wanted to help Trump in 2016 is nonsense.

The Senate committee is confirming that Russia tried to mess with the election and is saying that the intelligence agencies were correct in their concern about Russian interference.
But that has NOTHING to do with the investigation and belief that the Trump campaign conspired.

And I'm sorry that you apparently can't fix your comprehension problem or extract yourself from the bubble of an alternate reality that you prefer living in.

Bipartisan Senate report says 2017 intel assessment about Russian interference and Trump was accurate

Time for Barr to call off the witch hunt. There now exists no predication for his Trump ordered investigation.

Sure it does. The FBI lied their ass off to even start the investigation.
Durham needs to go through the entire thing from top to bottom. Raid offices
and everything else.

Sorry you don't like it there was nothing that the FBI submitted that was accurate.

This has already been proven. I guess you are just ignoring all of the facts.
So far the only people caught using russian interference in our elections are the DNC and clinton.

You mean like handing the Kremlin internal polling data in order to focus on the three states that put him over the edge?

Or are you referring to one of the 120, other contacts outlined in the Mueller report that Trump's people had with Russian operatives???

The last paragraph has nothing to do with my original post. Which is that the Senate investigation found no reason to dispute the intelligence community's findings in the assessment President Obama had asked them to make.That it was NOT 'rigged', and that the internal debate over the conclusions within the intelligence community was "free flowing" and that no one had exerted any "undue influence" And that is exactly what Bill Barr has Mr. Durham investigating. Apparently without any evidence, predication, or any independent investigative support, or collaboration. THAT is what we are discussing here and I would appreciate it if you would focus on that and refrain from attempting to deflect from it by going off on these irrelevant and unproven tangents.

Sure it does. The FBI lied their ass off to even start the investigation.
Durham needs to go through the entire thing from top to bottom. Raid offices
and everything else.

Sorry you don't like it there was nothing that the FBI submitted that was accurate.

This has already been proven. I guess you are just ignoring all of the facts.
So far the only people caught using russian interference in our elections are the DNC and clinton.

There is nothing in DOJ's or Senate investigations that support any of those accusations. And THOSE are the Facts. Sorry, if you can't accept them

There is nothing in DOJ's or Senate investigations that support any of those accusations. And THOSE are the Facts. Sorry, if you can't accept them

Will Democrats finally admit the Obama DOJ and FBI lied to the FISA court?
FBI email chain may provide most damning evidence of FISA abuses yet | TheHill
FISA court slams FBI conduct in Carter Page surveillance warrant applications - CNNPolitics
The Inspector General’s Report on 2016 FBI Spying Reveals a Scandal of Historic Magnitude: Not Only for the FBI but Also the U.S. Media

facts as usual say you are 100% wrong.

Sorry you can't accept them.
The facts say otherwise.

The facts say that the only russian interference came from the DNC and clinton campaigns.

The last paragraph has nothing to do with my original post. Which is that the Senate investigation found no reason to dispute the intelligence community's findings in the assessment President Obama had asked them to make.That it was NOT 'rigged', and that the internal debate over the conclusions within the intelligence community was "free flowing" and that no one had exerted any "undue influence" And that is exactly what Bill Barr has Mr. Durham investigating. Apparently without any evidence, predication, or any independent investigative support, or collaboration. THAT is what we are discussing here and I would appreciate it if you would focus on that and refrain from attempting to deflect from it by going off on these irrelevant and unproven tangents.

The investigation was over the belief that Mr. Trump had conspired with Russia.
That's been the big concern.
The basis of thinking this was so, is what Durham is investigating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom