• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bipartisan Senate report say 2017 intel assessment about Russian interference and Trump was accurate

Opposition research my ass. The Trump campaign wasn't conducting 'opposition research'. They were taking "gifts". Ever heard of the old axiom "beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Well, there is an axiom in place since the end of WWII in US Presidential politics that says; "beware of Russians bearing 'gifts'. Because they are always going to try. And every presidential campaign adhered to that axiom except this one. While that may not be statutorily illegal. It's grossly unpatriotic and amoral.

Ok-- to use the 'gift' analogy:

As Mr. Mueller said, there were occasions when Russia approached the Trump campaign bearing 'gifts.' Sometimes the campaign expressed interest in receiving those 'gifts' and sometimes they did not.
But the constant is that the campaign never took those 'gifts.'

While Russia was approaching the Trump campaign bearing 'gifts' we know they were also approaching the Clinton campaign bearing 'gifts.. We know this is true because Mr. Steele has told us this. We also know the 'gifts' were accepted. We also know the 'gifts' were transmitted to the USA government where they were circulated amongst the top echelons of that government. They were used as evidence in an American court, entered into the Congressional Record and entered into the intelligence review which the Senate reviewed.

We now also know that the FBI believes these 'gifts' to have been Russian disinformation (who would have thought the Russians were so duplicitous, right?).

So who is "grossly unpatriotic and amoral" here (not to mention incompetent)? The fellows who declined the 'gifts' or the fellows who took it?

Strange, still crying over all of that being thrown back in your face.

I know at least one poster on here that you'd get along with just fine.

Obo, that's just a sad and delusional deflection. And I have to chuckle that you think me proving your lack of integrity is me crying. But desperate times requires desperate deflections. Anyhoo, we were discussing you anger about imaginary meltdowns. I simply mentioned trump's almost routine meltdowns. Which you admitted in your own special way by trying to deflect. Seems like you need to add "meltdowns" to the list of things to avoid discussing like with deficits, adultery, playing golf, shredding the rule of law, stimulus, "undermining our allies, embolden our enemies", healthcare, executive orders, acting presidential, bailouts and draft dodging

The point of the most recent report was to review the assessment that intelligence agencies made in 2016 that Russia had interfered in the election and that they did so so as to benefit Mr. Trump.
They concurred with that assessment.
Which is nice, because the major issue over the past three years wasn't that Russia targeted the election. It was that Trump and/or his campaign was complicit in that targeting. On that issue, the Senate was silent.

athan, you're kinda missing the point that it once again proves that trump was lying when he says (at his master's direction) that "nuh uh it was Ukraine". which is really just more evidence of collusion

I'm sorry athan, like all conservatives you're simply ignoring the non-stop lies from trump and the right. Trump was calling the intel agencies and FBI liars and was pushing the "nuh uh, it wasn't Russia, it was Ukraine" lie. .

That was the liberals strawman. Trumps claim was that Ukraine also attempted to interfere.

And given your integrity, you're not intent on rationally discussing anything. But I will at least give my reasoning to just humor this instance.

Don Lemon's response was considered a meltdown, because he acted just like how they portray Trump to act. He stopped being a journalist and more, or less turned into a caricature of himself for almost five minutes.

While on the topic of Trump having a meltdown. He could simply say that he likes puppies and you'd still try to claim that he had a meltdown.

He would be lying, he hates puppies, I believe it's because dogs are great judges of character and they hate him...

That was the liberals strawman. Trumps claim was that Ukraine also attempted to interfere.

And in reality it was trump attempting to blackmail Ukrainian to fix and American election in his favor, hence trump becoming only the third president in American history to be impeached.

That goes right along with already being rated the worst president in history...

And in reality it was trump attempting to blackmail Ukrainian to fix and American election in his favor, hence trump becoming only the third president in American history to be impeached.

That goes right along with already being rated the worst president in history...

The Democrats articles of impeachment made no mention of blackmail, or any crime for that matter.

The Democrats articles of impeachment made no mention of blackmail, or any crime for that matter.

Article 2 - Obstruction of Congress. Obstruction of congressional or administrative proceedings (18 U.S.C. 1505)

Back
Top Bottom