• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden Warns Us What Will Happen If We Re-Elect George W Bush

Again, this is not about me.
When you deliberately post distortions and outright lies, as you are more and more frequently doing, informed folks will challenge and expose your dishonesty.

Bottom line lesson for you is don’t post lies and you, personally, won’t become the subject.

Deal?

Again, if the discussion is about me, rather than the OP article or Brit Hume, it underscores how desperate you all are.
Very clearly, you’re the desperate one.

If the facts were favorable to your POV, you would gleefully post them, but the facts aren’t favorable to your POV, and that is why you are posting garbage.

No worries though, ReubenSherr, it’ll all be over soon.;)

Beefheart, it looks like you are getting your "ass handed to you" by Brit Hume.

Who cares what some Trump slurper from Fox says? We know Biden was addressing George Lopez, and we know about his history of stutter. Besides, this was already explained to you above in post#, saying in part:

The "I Will Vote" concert was hosted by George Lopez (comedian) and Ana Navarro (pundit). It began as a sort of zoom call with Navarro and Lopez in separate frames, and the bidens/sign interpreter in their own. George Lopez asked Biden whey undecided Americans should vote for him. Biden began speaking. That's when the frames of Ana and George Go away.

Biden then says.

"First of all, the reason they should vote is there is a lot on, on the ballot this year. This is the most consequen — not because I’m running but because of who I am running against — this is the most consequential election in a long, long, long time and the character of the country, in my view, is literally on the ballot, What kind of country are we going to be? Four more years, uh, George, uh, George, uh, we, uh, are going to find ourselves in position where if uh Trump gets elected uh we are going to be uh, going to be in a different world."

The clip being passed off as supposed proof of Biden talking about George Bush - when he was really talking to George Lopez - begins after the moderators were removed from the screen, so viewers would have no idea that Biden was talking to the person who asked him the question, George Lopez.

Repeating your lies in two threads simultaneously simply isn't going to move the needle.

If it was my word, it was poorly chosen because it's a very strong one -- although since I can't come up with a better description, maybe I'm stuck with that. Re undermining voting rights and enriching himself and the family empire via mixing presidential and personal, you don't need me for that. I believe you now see the issue some or many anti-Trumpers, like me, are most concerned about. You can disagree, of course, but that's what I was trying to communicate in terms of a threat to the nation I perceive as much more significant than run-of-the-mill policy preferences.

Got it, so there's no actual policy you can point out....you just dont like him. Hence...blind hatred....

Pretty sure economic and national security etc, is more than just run-of-the-mill.

Who cares what some Trump slurper from Fox says? We know Biden was addressing George Lopez, and we know about his history of stutter. Besides, this was already explained to you above in post#, saying in part:

The "I Will Vote" concert was hosted by George Lopez (comedian) and Ana Navarro (pundit). It began as a sort of zoom call with Navarro and Lopez in separate frames, and the bidens/sign interpreter in their own. George Lopez asked Biden whey undecided Americans should vote for him. Biden began speaking. That's when the frames of Ana and George Go away.​
Biden then says.​
"First of all, the reason they should vote is there is a lot on, on the ballot this year. This is the most consequen — not because I’m running but because of who I am running against — this is the most consequential election in a long, long, long time and the character of the country, in my view, is literally on the ballot, What kind of country are we going to be? Four more years, uh, George, uh, George, uh, we, uh, are going to find ourselves in position where if uh Trump gets elected uh we are going to be uh, going to be in a different world."
The clip being passed off as supposed proof of Biden talking about George Bush - when he was really talking to George Lopez - begins after the moderators were removed from the screen, so viewers would have no idea that Biden was talking to the person who asked him the question, George Lopez.​

Repeating your lies in two threads simultaneously simply isn't going to move the needle.
Where is your evidence that Brit Hume, The National Post, Trump, Newt Gingrich, and I are “lying”?

Do you have evidence that Biden was addressing the moderator when he said “Four more years of George”?

If your interpretation of Biden’s remarks is different from ours, that’s one thing. But none of us are “lying,” and I hope you’re not.

Reactions: PoS
Got it, so there's no actual policy you can point out....you just dont like him. Hence...blind hatred....

Pretty sure economic and national security etc, is more than just run-of-the-mill.
You're back to playing dumb. Fearing he is destroying the rule of law, for example, is not "just don't like him" or "blind hatred." (Seems a lot of R former US attorneys share my concern, incidentally.)

You're back to playing dumb. Fearing he is destroying the rule of law, for example, is not "just don't like him" or "blind hatred." (Seems a lot of R former US attorneys share my concern, incidentally.)

Sure it is, what do you think irrational fear is?

Sure it is, what do you think irrational fear is?
A lot of serious people have the same fear that you dismiss as irrational. So an honest and widely-held concern is "blind hatred" if you feel that fear is irrational? I think we use language to mean different things, but fun talk.

A lot of serious people have the same fear that you dismiss as irrational. So an honest and widely-held concern is "blind hatred" if you feel that fear is irrational? I think we use language to mean different things, but fun talk.

It's irrational because you can't pin point anything that specifically points to the erosion of the rule of law...... just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's an erosion of the rule of law...

It's irrational because you can't pin point anything that specifically points to the erosion of the rule of law...... just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's an erosion of the rule of law...
I have pointed to many such things. Even a link to R former US attorneys. You just aren't absorbing anything.

You all need to stop these lame excuses.

Biden said "Four more years of George." He did no pause before he said "George." He had the name "George" stuck in his head, and reverted to thinking about George W Bush.

Trump agrees with me, he has been telling crowds all day long that Biden confused him with George W. Bush.

Newt Gingrich agrees with me as well.

If this is going to happen every time Biden has a press briefing, we are going to be in trouble. We need a leader who can articulate clearly.

Yes, someone who can call on Frederick Douglas to accompany him to the dais to talk about how he did more for black people than anyone except Lincoln, while Trump brags that he had the greatest EC victory since Reagan... or was it Lincoln?

most of what biden says he supports is what Trump has done. Biden has the advantage of hindsight. He's too stupid to have dealt with this if it happened and he was president
It has nothing to do with hindsight. As soon as it was apparent that asymptomatic and presymptomatic people could spread the virus scientists knew what needed to be done.

Biden gave us his plan back in January. “My policies will always uphold science, not fiction.” At the same time Biden also told us why Trump would fail. “Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.”

Biden knew what to do back in January. Trump is so stupid he still hasn’t figured it out.

I have pointed to many such things. Even a link to R former US attorneys. You just aren't absorbing anything.

No, you've pointed to thoughts you've had....and fears you have.....you've pointed to NOTHING that is specific....

Tell me this...WHY do you fear, Trump is eroding the basis of law, or however you want to phrase that.......be specific.

It has nothing to do with hindsight. As soon as it was apparent that asymptomatic and presymptomatic people could spread the virus scientists knew what needed to be done.

Biden gave us his plan back in January. “My policies will always uphold science, not fiction.” At the same time Biden also told us why Trump would fail. “Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.”

Biden knew what to do back in January. Trump is so stupid he still hasn’t figured it out.
nonsense, he criticized Trump for shutting down flights from the source of the disease

there are hundreds of former Reagan, Bush I, Bush II US attorneys. There are 83 judicial districts. Reagan and Bush II rarely had a US attorney serve the entire 8 years. Many bail at the end of their appointers' terms so they can find good jobs before a change in administration. many US attorneys, were part of the establishment GOP that Trump ran against. Many that W appointed supported Jeb for President.

there are hundreds of former Reagan, Bush I, Bush II US attorneys. There are 83 judicial districts. Reagan and Bush II rarely had a US attorney serve the entire 8 years. Many bail at the end of their appointers' terms so they can find good jobs before a change in administration. many US attorneys, were part of the establishment GOP that Trump ran against. Many that W appointed supported Jeb for President.
Right, but when one starts with very strong claims (e.g., holding fear X demonstrates blind hatred), the fact that Fear X is shared by many serious people should give one pause.

Right, but when one starts with very strong claims (e.g., holding fear X demonstrates blind hatred), the fact that Fear X is shared by many serious people should give one pause.
Having rather strong familiarity with more than a few US Attorneys-including one who was in the center of the Bush "scandal" (after the patriot act was passed-which had a provision that replacement USA's didn't need senate approval-Bush replaced several USAs in states where the two democrat senators would have blocked his original pick) concerning some USAs being fired after passage of the Patriot act, the fear bit is a bit hyperbolic.

No, you've pointed to thoughts you've had....and fears you have.....you've pointed to NOTHING that is specific....

Tell me this...WHY do you fear, Trump is eroding the basis of law, or however you want to phrase that.......be specific.
The rule of law. Essentially, the idea that the laws applies to everyone, even powerful leaders. Some specific things Trump has done to erode it: install his family members in key positions of power; install personal loyalists in key positions of government that have traditionally been non-partisan; direct subordinates not to participate in congressional hearings and investigations; use the office of the president to enrich himself and his hotels etc.; make claims (sometimes later dismissed as jokes) about jailing his opponents, not respecting election results if he loses, a president having total authority; attack journalists and demonize the press as being the enemy of the people; attack whistleblowers; and on and on. If you don't view these things as menacing, that's great (I would love to be over-reacting), but I do.

Having rather strong familiarity with more than a few US Attorneys-including one who was in the center of the Bush "scandal" (after the patriot act was passed-which had a provision that replacement USA's didn't need senate approval-Bush replaced several USAs in states where the two democrat senators would have blocked his original pick) concerning some USAs being fired after passage of the Patriot act, the fear bit is a bit hyperbolic.
You know the ones making the statement now?

You know the ones making the statement now?
one of my friends posted the article on FB but it was a site that required subscription so I didn't see the names.

The rule of law. Essentially, the idea that the laws applies to everyone, even powerful leaders. Some specific things Trump has done to erode it: install his family members in key positions of power; install personal loyalists in key positions of government that have traditionally been non-partisan; direct subordinates not to participate in congressional hearings and investigations; use the office of the president to enrich himself and his hotels etc.; make claims (sometimes later dismissed as jokes) about jailing his opponents, not respecting election results if he loses, a president having total authority; attack journalists and demonize the press as being the enemy of the people; attack whistleblowers; and on and on. If you don't view these things as menacing, that's great (I would love to be over-reacting), but I do.

Quite a smorgasbord you got there...let's unpack that...

Install family members in key positions of power - HOW DOES THAT ERODE THE RULE OF LAW?

Install personal loyalissts in key positions of government - oh...you mean hired people that are like minded in his policies....kinda like EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY.....ok.

Direct subordinates not to participate in congressional hearings and investigations - oh...you mean like EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY....ok

Use the office of the president to enrich himself - PLEASE, WHERE ARE THE SPECIFICS.....

Make claims about jailing his opponents - interesting, not sure if words erode anything, but let's give you that one, one out of five so far.

Not respecting election results if he loses - kinda like what Clinton is urging Biden to do? Ok.....

A president having total authority - ?? He has total authority?

Attacking journalists and demonizing the press - kinda like every other president in history...

Attack whistleblowers - oh this I gotta hear, remember, specifics are important....

I don't know if you are over-reacting, or just subservient to your emotional side.....

Quite a smorgasbord you got there...let's unpack that...

Install family members in key positions of power - HOW DOES THAT ERODE THE RULE OF LAW?

Install personal loyalissts in key positions of government - oh...you mean hired people that are like minded in his policies....kinda like EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY.....ok.

Those folks, probably including Trump FAILED their normal security clearances and wasn't allowed one until Daddy intervened. That should worry EVERYONE.

Direct subordinates not to participate in congressional hearings and investigations - oh...you mean like EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY....ok

Clinton was impeached for this.

Use the office of the president to enrich himself - PLEASE, WHERE ARE THE SPECIFICS.....

Directing foreign visitors to stay at his hotels and force secret service to stay at his hotels. Republicans SHOUTED against Carter even keeping his businesses.

Make claims about jailing his opponents - interesting, not sure if words erode anything, but let's give you that one, one out of five so far.

LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP. Sound familiar? Where did Trump go against this?

Not respecting election results if he loses - kinda like what Clinton is urging Biden to do? Ok.....

No, Trump CLEARY said that if he didn't win, it wasn't legit.

A president having total authority - ?? He has total authority?

According to Trump he did. He even required LOYALTY OATHS from those that were FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES. Federal employees are not to provide such oaths.

Attacking journalists and demonizing the press - kinda like every other president in history...

Uh No, Trump allowed INFORWARS a seat.

Attack whistleblowers - oh this I gotta hear, remember, specifics are important....

Please are you serious? He attacked SEVERAL whislteblowers.

I don't know if you are over-reacting, or just subservient to your emotional side.....

you support the authoriatrian actions of Trump because you....big suprise...support Trump and EVERYTHING he does. You are DISMISSED.

Those folks, probably including Trump FAILED their normal security clearances and wasn't allowed one until Daddy intervened. That should worry EVERYONE.

Clinton was impeached for this.

Directing foreign visitors to stay at his hotels and force secret service to stay at his hotels. Republicans SHOUTED against Carter even keeping his businesses.

LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP. Sound familiar? Where did Trump go against this?

No, Trump CLEARY said that if he didn't win, it wasn't legit.

According to Trump he did. He even required LOYALTY OATHS from those that were FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES. Federal employees are not to provide such oaths.

Uh No, Trump allowed INFORWARS a seat.

Please are you serious? He attacked SEVERAL whislteblowers.

you support the authoriatrian actions of Trump because you....big suprise...support Trump and EVERYTHING he does. You are DISMISSED.
Lots of Obama White House employees needed waivers on security clearance. Mainly for drug use within five years of the background inquiry

Lots of Obama White House employees needed waivers on security clearance. Mainly for drug use within five years of the background inquiry

Name them specifically then. Good to know you support full blown nepotism which is against Federal Hiring policy.

Back
Top Bottom