• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden Warns Us What Will Happen If We Re-Elect George W Bush

Those folks, probably including Trump FAILED their normal security clearances and wasn't allowed one until Daddy intervened. That should worry EVERYONE.

Not sure if I am doing this correctly, but here goes...so Trump failed his normal security clearance, that's what you are going with?

Clinton was impeached for this.

No, he was impeached for lying to Congress, not not cooperating.

Directing foreign visitors to stay at his hotels and force secret service to stay at his hotels. Republicans SHOUTED against Carter even keeping his businesses.

Please provide a link that he FORCED foreign visitors to stay anywhere?

LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP. Sound familiar? Where did Trump go against this?

As I said, I gave this to him, but it's meh.

No, Trump CLEARY said that if he didn't win, it wasn't legit.

And Hilary CLEARLY said, that if Biden lost, he shouldn't accept it.

According to Trump he did. He even required LOYALTY OATHS from those that were FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES. Federal employees are not to provide such oaths.

Again, link to this requirement....or are you going from anonymous sources as well?

Uh No, Trump allowed INFORWARS a seat.

So your argument is that no other President has attacked the press....really?

Please are you serious? He attacked SEVERAL whislteblowers.

And yet, you still have no specifics....why is that...

you support the authoriatrian actions of Trump because you....big suprise...support Trump and EVERYTHING he does. You are DISMISSED.

Who the **** are you to tell me what I do or do not support? Just because I disagree with you and your hand wringing over stupid shit?

Name them specifically then. Good to know you support full blown nepotism which is against Federal Hiring policy.
how does any HONEST person get the idea that I support "full blown nepotism which is against Federal hiring Policy" when I noted that the Obama administration had to request waivers for a bunch of its white house employees?

how does any HONEST person get the idea that I support "full blown nepotism which is against Federal hiring Policy" when I noted that the Obama administration had to request waivers for a bunch of its white house employees?

You support Trump and all his nepotism. THAT'S FACT.

Install family members in key positions of power - HOW DOES THAT ERODE THE RULE OF LAW? [Because he is a president who is supposed to be serving the people by attempting to hire the most qualified people -- not act like a dictator using his power over a nation for nepotism.]

Install personal loyalissts in key positions of government - oh...you mean hired people that are like minded in his policies....kinda like EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY.....ok. [No, personal loyalists. There's a difference. Barr is a fine example.]

Direct subordinates not to participate in congressional hearings and investigations - oh...you mean like EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY....ok [Really? I was not aware of that. Examples?]

Use the office of the president to enrich himself - PLEASE, WHERE ARE THE SPECIFICS..... [Google emoluments. Many have covered. The thing where Trump keeps control of his business empire while president and then foreign leaders figure out he likes it when they stay in his hotels -- see how this is an ethics concern, and why traditionally presidents do not put themselves in this position? Back to the theme, though, Trump as president is all about Trump not having to follow any rules or norms.]

Make claims about jailing his opponents - interesting, not sure if words erode anything, but let's give you that one, one out of five so far.

Not respecting election results if he loses - kinda like what Clinton is urging Biden to do? Ok..... [This has been a longstanding theme with Trump. In 2016 he repeatedly claimed it was "rigged" (even though he eventually won the same election he had said this about). After the election he immediately claimed a made-up number of votes against him were illegal (because he could not acknowledge he had lost the popular vote). In office he and his party have fought and sued for all sorts of voting restrictions. In the run-up to this election, his advisors first wouldn't commit that the election would happen on the scheduled date (leading even Senate Rs to say no, there's going to be an election), then Trump again and again waffles about whether there will be a peaceful transition of power if he loses. The whole time he has been attempting to undermine mail-in voting, which has been around for decades and which he himself has done.]

A president having total authority - ?? He has total authority? ["When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total. And that's the way it's got to be. It's total." Trump, April 13, 2020.]

Attacking journalists and demonizing the press - kinda like every other president in history... [No, not like every president in history. His rhetoric is unprecedented vs. modern prominent pols.]

Attack whistleblowers - oh this I gotta hear, remember, specifics are important.... [Demanding their identities be revealed (a rather obvious intimidation tactic and deterrent to future ones), firing them once their identities are known (flaunting the anti-reprisal rules behind whistleblower laws).]

I don't know if you are over-reacting, or just subservient to your emotional side..... [I do not have much of an emotional side.]

On your other two, thanks for links, I'll check them out.

So your rebuttal is an argument from USA Today saying, well...he kept most of them, but we don't know on the others....that's the logic, we don't know, so he MUST be doing it? Interesting.

Putting Trump at #1 for hating the press and sayings he is in "all-out war" with media? Yes, that was my point. If he was like every other president, he wouldn't be outscoring every president in US history on this front.

You really don't know how to rank thing, do you, you'd be terrible at trying to rank the NFLs top 100 players....

So your rebuttal is an argument from USA Today saying, well...he kept most of them, but we don't know on the others....that's the logic, we don't know, so he MUST be doing it? Interesting.

That's your takeaway? "Two years later, Trump has kept at least eight of his promises – though sometimes in ways experts said did little to resolve the conflicts. But information about his business is so secretive that for nearly all the rest, the only way to know whether Trump kept his promise is to take his word for it."

You really don't know how to rank thing, do you, you'd be terrible at trying to rank the NFLs top 100 players....
Oh my, I think you are terribly confused. The NFL top 100 rank on NFL network is on the best players. This article is ranking based on how much presidents hated the media, and putting Trump at the top.

You support Trump and all his nepotism. THAT'S FACT.
stop lying. I voted for Trump because the 2016 and the 2020 choices by the democrats were both far worse

That's your takeaway? "Two years later, Trump has kept at least eight of his promises – though sometimes in ways experts said did little to resolve the conflicts. But information about his business is so secretive that for nearly all the rest, the only way to know whether Trump kept his promise is to take his word for it."

Yes, my takeaway is, WE DON'T KNOW......so your assumption is because you don't know......he's a threat to the rule of law....BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW.....**** innocent before guilty......you don't know....= guilty, **** you are more of a threat to the rule of law than Trump is

Beefheart, it looks like you are getting your "ass handed to you" by Brit Hume.

Oh that's so precious. How sad that you think that's a burn...:whistle:

Yes, my takeaway is, WE DON'T KNOW......so your assumption is because you don't know......he's a threat to the rule of law....BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW.....**** innocent before guilty......you don't know....= guilty, **** you are more of a threat to the rule of law than Trump is
Other presidents took steps so we would know. That's the whole point of the traditional norms that Trump violated in favor of "trust me."

And yes, taking away the public's ability to even evaluate these things by rejecting traditional safeguards in favor of secrecy and ignorance IS a threat. Obviously.

Oh my, I think you are terribly confused. The NFL top 100 rank on NFL network is on the best players. This article is ranking based on how much presidents hated the media, and putting Trump at the top.

Really? Its ranked on how much Presidents hated the media.......ok, sure......tell me....how the **** does someone figure out how much Jefferson hated the media vs Grant vs Adams?

Other presidents took steps so we would know. That's the whole point of the traditional norms that Trump violated in favor of "trust me."

Really? Which ones? Specifically who had business's like Trump?

Really? Its ranked on how much Presidents hated the media.......ok, sure......tell me....how the **** does someone figure out how much Jefferson hated the media vs Grant vs Adams?
No idea, your article not mine.

No idea, your article not mine.

YOU are the one who insisted that it was ranked on how much Presidents hated the media..........after I pointed out that you would do horrible trying to rank the NFLs best players.....you clearly have no idea how subjective rankings are...the fact that you try to use that to prove a point is laughable.

YOU are the one who insisted that it was ranked on how much Presidents hated the media..........after I pointed out that you would do horrible trying to rank the NFLs best players.....you clearly have no idea how subjective rankings are...the fact that you try to use that to prove a point is laughable.
I'm so confused -- you cited this article to counter the idea that Trump's antagonism to the media is typical of presidents, but it actually says it's not.

I'm so confused -- you cited this article to counter the idea that Trump's antagonism to the media is typical of presidents, but it actually says it's not.

And yet....it clearly is, as it lists OTHER Presidents who have attacked the media...you clearly said it didn't happen....and yet...it did.

Back
Top Bottom