• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden violates the US Constitution on his first day

By mandating masks on federal lands Biden has just violated the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment. He is also encouraging the States to violate the Fourteenth Amendment. Most of the Democrat-controlled sh*thole States already have.

Considering that Alaska is ranked #1 for federal land. With the federal government owning 61.79% of Alaska’s total land, or just shy of 224 million acres, I'm on federal lands all the time. I never a wear a mask, and I'm always armed for bear. Good luck trying to enforce that unconstitutional Executive Order in Alaska. Naturally, this was expected from leftist filth.
😂

Indeed, but not before the (same) CDC guidelines were in effect.

Which is why the EO was needed, people were not following the CDC guidelines.

Glad we worked that out

Didn't you know? Democrats would not have any standards at all, if not for their double standard. Hypocrisy is what defines leftist filth.

There does seem to be some confusion as to whether it’s “wearing a mask or practicing social distancing” or “wearing a mask and practicing social distancing”. It has been described (stated?) both ways.

He spent a good portion of the day yesterday not wearing a mask as he visited the Lincoln Memorial and took questions from the media despite signing the mask mandate. If Biden is above the law why aren't the common folk?
View attachment 67314659View attachment 67314660

You do not need to be wearing a mask if you can stay at least six feet away. Masks are not necessary when outside (which the Lincoln Memorial substantially is, which is one of those pictures) The mask is worn to protect others from you.

The pictures of Biden NOT wearing a mask are only slightly less rare than Trump actually wearing a mask, making this another irrelevant whataboutism.

This whole thread and line of reasoning is complete silliness*. This whole issue of whining about mask wearing is selfish and petty.

* - good to be discussing petty issues again, rather than every day discussing a matter of life/death / threats to American democracy. When can we discuss the color of Biden's suits or how deeply he bows to foreign leaders.

Last edited:
During the Winter I regularly hunt for ptarmigan and spruce grouse on federal lands just south of Denali National Park. I also fish on federal lands during the Summer.

There are no state-wide mandates in Alaska. The Governor has asked Alaskans to restrict our travel and to wear masks, and that is fine. Asking makes it voluntary and therefore does not violate the Due Process Clause. Only one city in Alaska has mandated wearing masks - Anchorage. They got rid of that Mayor in December, and now they are trying to get rid of the leftist Acting Mayor.

Nowhere else, outside of Anchorage, is closed down in Alaska. All our businesses and schools have remained open, and very few are wearing masks.
You get due process after you violate the law. You'll be able to fight the penalty in court, but there is an easier way to go. Just wear a mask.

Yep, and should not consider mere puffery (pretty please try to follow CDC guidelines and appearing maskless for a televised appearance in a federal building) to be taking strong executive action.
He was following CDC guidelines in that television appearance, and following local D.C. rules, there and with the inauguration as a whole, and before that during the campaign. If you consider that "puffery" on this issue, what would you like to see that is not puffery? A promise to arrest, try and jail those who do not comply with mask mandates? Maybe a massive fine per failure? If not that, what?

The mask and social distancing guidelines are pretty simple - so simple a child could do it. The only reason he had to issue an EO is to respond to the last guy who looked at the CDC guidelines, then ignored every one with super spreader events. If that guy wasn't an incompetent, nothing would have needed to be done.

And the "strong executive action" some of us hope for aren't reinforcing rules a small child could understand and follow, but on bigger items like vaccines, PPE that is still in shortage, testing, and more.

You get due process after you violate the law. You'll be able to fight the penalty in court, but there is an easier way to go. Just wear a mask.

The Biden mask EO clearly states that it is not an enforceable law. There is a link to it in post #11.

The federal government owns the Lincoln Memorial...not DC.
Do you have a point, or are you just having fun moving goal posts each time you're proved wrong?

You asked, quoting you,
" Follow local mask mandates "
"And guess who's "local mask mandate" Biden wasn't following."

Well, the only "local" mandate in D.C. would be the D.C. mandates, and I quoted them, and Biden was following them. He was also following CDC guidelines, as I showed you earlier, but that was not what you asked.

Bottom line is Biden was following the EO, the CDC, and D.C. mandates.

Spin, spin, spin. The reality is that the Senate GOP never wanted to get rid of Obamacare. They just wanted their voters to think they did so they would get elected. That's why McCain lied to his voters, got elected and then torpedoed the repeal. It had nothing to do with them being unable to manage to repeal...they didn't want to. I keep telling y'all...watch what they do...not what they say. And that applies to Biden, as well.

Deny, deny, deny..... :rolleyes:

Don't blame McCain for the failure to repeal the ACA, you can't claim the GOP controlled senate didn't want it but put the blame on McCain- that's not close to logical.

Again tRump was all mouth no backbone. All whine no backbone. He called the deplorables to action then hid in the White House. He eulogized fallen officers except the one who died defending the Capital from an insurrection.

So you admit conservatives are all talk no action, Pander to their base- even after dozens of court cases, state republican officials, the DOJ, FBI, Cyber Security agency, and the rest all certify the election as fair and valid.

tRump was worse than most of Congress- he sold the rabid right rabble a bill of goods and that Devil's Deal made him a one and done President, his followers a detached cult to wander the political wilderness.

70 million won't be joining any misnamed 'Patriot's Party- I doubt 1 million do... ✌

By mandating masks on federal lands Biden has just violated the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment. He is also encouraging the States to violate the Fourteenth Amendment. Most of the Democrat-controlled sh*thole States already have.

Considering that Alaska is ranked #1 for federal land. With the federal government owning 61.79% of Alaska’s total land, or just shy of 224 million acres, I'm on federal lands all the time. I never a wear a mask, and I'm always armed for bear. Good luck trying to enforce that unconstitutional Executive Order in Alaska. Naturally, this was expected from leftist filth.
Maybe if you read the order you would have realized that it does not actually require anything except for the heads of the various administrative agencies to develop rules consistent with CDC guidelines and as appropriate to the buildings/lands they govern.

For example:

(a) The heads of executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall immediately take action, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, to require compliance with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures by: on-duty or on-site Federal employees; on-site Federal contractors; and all persons in Federal buildings or on Federal lands.

(d) Heads of agencies may make categorical or case-by-case exceptions in implementing subsection (a) of this section to the extent that doing so is necessary or required by law, and consistent with applicable law. If heads of agencies make such exceptions, they shall require appropriate alternative safeguards, such as additional physical distancing measures, additional testing, or reconfiguration of workspace, consistent with applicable law. Heads of agencies shall document all exceptions in writing.

If whatever agency controls Alaska parks requires you to wear a mask while bear hunting you can take it up with them, but it seems pretty unlikely they will do so.

Do you have a point, or are you just having fun moving goal posts each time you're proved wrong?

You asked, quoting you,

Well, the only "local" mandate in D.C. would be the D.C. mandates, and I quoted them, and Biden was following them. He was also following CDC guidelines, as I showed you earlier, but that was not what you asked.

Bottom line is Biden was following the EO, the CDC, and D.C. mandates.
The Mayor of DC does NOT override Executive Orders.

"As president I will mandate mask wearing in all federal buildings and all interstate transportation because masks save lives - period," Biden said in a speech in Delaware. "Wearing masks is not a political statement, it is a scientific imperative."

so, now all that is left is to quibble for days about if it is a mandate or not. If it makes you happy to call him a liar, I am happy for you.

I do not really give a **** either way, all I care about is if he violates the Constitution. He did not with this EO but I think he did with the transportation EO

The Biden mask EO clearly states that it is not an enforceable law. There is a link to it in post #11.
Thanks for the reference, very helpful. Too hard to quote tho.

OTOH, it does not eliminate this legal recourse:
Exactly. If you *dont, that invokes trespass laws. Which are enforceable.

*leave when asked by LE or federal employees.

Back
Top Bottom