• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden violates the US Constitution on his first day

I do not understand people who think it's their purogative (sp?) to go around possibly infecting others. That's not only infringing on the rights of others, but endangering them! If you don't want to wear the freakin mask, stay home completely. I've been tempted to spray unmasked strangers with my handy purse-sized can of Lysol, if they come too close.

Try actually reading the EO (hint: it gets real at the end) - a link to it is in post #11.
What specifically are you concerned about?

It's obvious that they want to protect federal workers. That means anyone within six feet of a federal worker needs to be wearing a mask. Running around naked on federal land not near a federal worker?

The Mayor of DC does NOT override Executive Orders.
I asked "Do you have a point, or are you just having fun moving goal posts each time you're proved wrong?"

We have an answer...Yes.

Biden was in compliance with the EO, because he was following 1) CDC guidelines, and 2) local guidelines. It's not hard.

Here in Colorado, Biden will have a hard time making people wear masks while they are fishing on federal property.

Of course, that's not his intention. He just wants to say he's doing something...even if it's the usual liberal "style over substance".

Oh! I thought you were going to say something about the election being stolen.

I asked "Do you have a point, or are you just having fun moving goal posts each time you're proved wrong?"

We have an answer...Yes.

Biden was in compliance with the EO, because he was following 1) CDC guidelines, and 2) local guidelines. It's not hard.
Biden's EO is the "local guidelines" in DC, as well as the rest of the country.

Or, do you think anyone...Mayors or Governors....can override an EO?

you mean the EO that says to follow CDC guidelines?
Yes. And the CDC guidelines that say "local guidelines"...as in the President's EO in DC.

Oh! I thought you were going to say something about the election being stolen.
Try to stay on topic, eh? No matter how hard it is for you to do that.

Try to stay on topic, eh? No matter how hard it is for you to do that.

I'm just pointing out what a predictably big waste of time that was.

Wear your mask.

Biden's EO is the "local guidelines" in DC, as well as the rest of the country.

Or, do you think anyone...Mayors or Governors....can override an EO?
I thought this was simple enough: "Biden was in compliance with the EO, because he was following 1) CDC guidelines, and 2) local guidelines. It's not hard."

So, what's your point? It's you who brought up local guidelines, and ignorantly claimed Biden didn't comply with them. He did comply, as I said above, so I'm lost.

And FWIW, yes, local guidelines can differ from CDC guidelines - they can be and often are stricter in some hard hit areas than suggested by CDC. Where they are, CDC says - follow those local laws. So they don't "override" and EO or CDC but I never claimed they did, so why you're pointing this out to me is a mystery.

There does seem to be some confusion as to whether it’s “wearing a mask or practicing social distancing” or “wearing a mask and practicing social distancing”. It has been described (stated?) both ways.
There is no confusion. If government is mandating it, then they are violating the US Constitution. It doesn't matter if it is masking up or social distancing. Under the First Amendment I have the individual right to associate with whomever I please, with as many people as I please. As the Supreme Court recently held, yet again, government may not deprive people of their individual right to their religious belief or prevent them from gathering together for that purpose.

The left has completely lost its mind thinking it can simply violate the rights of every American at will.

By mandating masks on federal lands Biden has just violated the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment. He is also encouraging the States to violate the Fourteenth Amendment. Most of the Democrat-controlled sh*thole States already have.

Considering that Alaska is ranked #1 for federal land. With the federal government owning 61.79% of Alaska’s total land, or just shy of 224 million acres, I'm on federal lands all the time. I never a wear a mask, and I'm always armed for bear. Good luck trying to enforce that unconstitutional Executive Order in Alaska. Naturally, this was expected from leftist filth.

Just wear a mask for f***'s sake or you'll kill your grandma. How hard is this?

There is no confusion. If government is mandating it, then they are violating the US Constitution. It doesn't matter

so you are saying that speed limits are violating the US Constitution

and stop signs are violating the US Constitution

and the requirement to wear shirt and shoes into a store is violating the US Constitution

the requirement to wear clothing in public is violating the US Constitution

so you are saying that speed limits are violating the US Constitution

and stop signs are violating the US Constitution

and the requirement to wear shirt and shoes into a store is violating the US Constitution

the requirement to wear clothing in public is violating the US Constitution
That is not what I'm saying, but thanks for demonstrating that you are incapable of comprehending the difference between a law enacted by a legislature and a EO mandate issued by an executive. Now I know not to waste my time on someone so uneducated and completely clueless.

That is not what I'm saying, but thanks for demonstrating that you are incapable of comprehending the difference between a law enacted by a legislature and a EO mandate issued by an executive. Now I know not to waste my time on someone so uneducated and completely clueless.

Glad I could help, enjoy your echo chamber.

Once again, there is legal recourse to enforce it.
Exactly. If you *dont, that invokes trespass laws. Which are enforceable.
*leave when asked by LE or federal employees.

You are mistaken, there are no limits concerning the protection offered by the "due process clause." As the Supreme Court held in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38 (1905):

Nothing supersedes the US Constitution, not even declared emergencies.

What is the federal government forcing you to give up by forcing you to wear a mask? The right to make other people sick and possibly die?

Do you want to be compensated for the mask? We'll start a "Gofund Me" page for you. Do you find the experience of wearing a mask uncomfortable? Poor baby.

The people making this due process argument are not thinking logically, and are doing nothing other than demonstrating themselves to be belligerent, selfish assholes.

What is the federal government forcing you to give up by forcing you to wear a mask? The right to make other people sick and possibly die?

Do you want to be compensated for the mask? We'll start a "Gofund Me" page for you. Do you find the experience of wearing a mask uncomfortable? Poor baby.

The people making this due process argument are not thinking logically, and are doing nothing other than demonstrating themselves to be belligerent, selfish assholes.
A government that can deprive the life, liberty, or property of its citizens without due process of law are the very same governments that makes any citizen that happens to disagree with them to disappear without a trace. What you are effectively arguing is that government has the authority to declare its entire population to be criminals, without presenting any evidence, and then punishing them accordingly.

Why do you think the individual right to due process of law exists in the first place? It exists specifically to prevent government from issuing blanket mandates. Government is required to prove their case on an individual by individual basis beyond a reasonable doubt by presenting evidence in a court of law. That includes masking up, social distancing, quarantines, or anything else where government seeks to deprive anyone of their life, liberty, or property.

Those who waive their rights, don't deserve them.

There is no confusion. If government is mandating it, then they are violating the US Constitution. It doesn't matter if it is masking up or social distancing. Under the First Amendment I have the individual right to associate with whomever I please, with as many people as I please. As the Supreme Court recently held, yet again, government may not deprive people of their individual right to their religious belief or prevent them from gathering together for that purpose.

The left has completely lost its mind thinking it can simply violate the rights of every American at will.

Ok now consider that we are in the middle of a pandemic!

I do not submit to fascism, no real American would. Which says volumes about you.
fascism, noun, a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

How in any realm of the definition, do you come up with President Biden being fascist?

Ok now consider that we are in the middle of a pandemic!
Already considered and rejected.

If you toss aside your constitutionally protected individual rights every time government declares an "emergency," you would never have any rights. Which is also why the Supreme Court also tossed out your argument.

The government can only force its will upon anyone in the US AFTER they have provided each individual their right to due process under the law. When government can prove beyond a reasonable doubt by presenting evidence in a court of law that the accused is infected, contagious, and a threat to the public then, and only then, can they lawfully impose masking up, social distancing, quarantines, or any other measure that deprives the accused of their life, liberty, or property.

Already considered and rejected.

If you toss aside your constitutionally protected individual rights every time government declares an "emergency," you would never have any rights. Which is also why the Supreme Court also tossed out your argument.

The government can only force its will upon anyone in the US AFTER they have provided each individual their right to due process under the law. When government can prove beyond a reasonable doubt by presenting evidence in a court of law that the accused is infected, contagious, and a threat to the public then, and only then, can they lawfully impose masking up, social distancing, quarantines, or any other measure that deprives the accused of their life, liberty, or property.

Is waiting for people to be infected before doing something seem smart to you?

Are you more concerned about your freedom than the lives of people during a crisis not seen in a hundred years?

Basically what I'm saying is can we use a little common sense?

By mandating masks on federal lands Biden has just violated the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment. He is also encouraging the States to violate the Fourteenth Amendment. Most of the Democrat-controlled sh*thole States already have.

Considering that Alaska is ranked #1 for federal land. With the federal government owning 61.79% of Alaska’s total land, or just shy of 224 million acres, I'm on federal lands all the time. I never a wear a mask, and I'm always armed for bear. Good luck trying to enforce that unconstitutional Executive Order in Alaska. Naturally, this was expected from leftist filth.

You can always move.

400,000 plus covid deaths in the USA and you won't wear a mask BUT you have a gun in case a bear comes near you ? lols

Maybe people should consider bringing in the arming of bears so they can protect themselves from covid carrying humans that refuse to wear masks.

Back
Top Bottom