• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden violates the US Constitution on his first day

None of this reply has anything to do with what I posted. The original contention was that this EO was unconstitutional because it was not an act of Congress. Nothing about this EO makes it unconstitutional simply by not being an act of Congress.
See my post 275.

Addressing it like simple trespassing resolves it.

It's not about punishment (not that you wrote that)...it's about motivating compliance. Even minimal punishment would be effective. "Gee, you have to leave and cant do your business today." "Oh, you wont leave? Here's a fine." Etc. If they prefer that to compliance...🤷 they still dont get to complete their business.

By mandating masks on federal lands Biden has just violated the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment. He is also encouraging the States to violate the Fourteenth Amendment. Most of the Democrat-controlled sh*thole States already have.

Considering that Alaska is ranked #1 for federal land. With the federal government owning 61.79% of Alaska’s total land, or just shy of 224 million acres, I'm on federal lands all the time. I never a wear a mask, and I'm always armed for bear. Good luck trying to enforce that unconstitutional Executive Order in Alaska. Naturally, this was expected from leftist filth.
Can't we justify mask laws as just extensions of the no spitting in public :) laws?

Last edited:
You may be alarmed too much. This is federal land, land owned by the federal government. The government is essentially creating house rules for its own house. Just as people, in regulating private property, can limit access to the property, limit hours, require shoes, shirt, and clothes to come onto the propert, so too can the federal government impose similar requirements for those who want to come onto federal property. Imposition of a mask requirement to come onto federal property is within the government’s power to regulate its own property.

You assume a liberty interest to not wear a mask on federal property. Yet, the federal government regulating its property, and has the effect of limiting your liberties in this context, isn’t a violation of due process.
You are mistaken. No government in the US may deprive anyone of their life, liberty, or property without due process of law, for any reason. As the Supreme Court has already ruled. If the federal government wants to restrict my liberty in any way they must first present evidence in a court of law that proves their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Let's simplify things for a minute.

Let's say you enter a government building or property. Let's say a government employee asks you to put your mask on or you cannot enter the premises.

Please present your argument as to how you think this violates the due process clause?
Are you seriously telling me that you think that it is just fine for government to restrict your liberty whenever it pleases them? Do you have no concept of individual rights at all? Or is it your deepest desire to be a government slave?

If government wishes to restrict my liberty in any way, they had better present their evidence before a court of law and prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Otherwise I will ignore their fascist and illegal demands.

Can't we justify mask laws as just extensions of the no spitting in public :) laws?
Are any of these illegal mask mandates that are being imposed federally and around the nation in various Democrat-controlled sh*thole States laws? Do those "no spitting in public :) laws" require you to conform and wear some form of government mandated attire?

No? Then it really isn't equivalent then, is it?

You have that backwards. It is those who are deliberately violating the US Constitution who need to move, not I. After they have served an extended sentence in prison, naturally. When government is deliberately violating the law, it is not I who needs to be moving. It is the anti-American leftist filth who need to be afraid.

It's not at all clear that there has even been a violation of your rights under the constitution. Governments have an obligation to protect the lives of their citizens and have decided that wearing masks to protect people from a virus that has already killed 400,000 US citizens should be mandatory on land it owns. It's a mask FFS !! You might want to recklessly endanger yourself because of some supposed violation of your rights but you shouldn't have the right to recklessly endanger others if you should contract it and pass it on to others, threatening their lives and those of their loved ones.

Get some respect for life itself before you start bleating to others about imagined violations of your own that are not even life threatening.

It's not at all clear that there has even been a violation of your rights under the constitution. Governments have an obligation to protect the lives of their citizens and have decided that wearing masks to protect people from a virus that has already killed 400,000 US citizens should be mandatory on land it owns. It's a mask FFS !! You might want to recklessly endanger yourself because of some supposed violation of your rights but you shouldn't have the right to recklessly endanger others if you should contract it and pass it on to others, threatening their lives and those of their loved ones.

Get some respect for life itself before you start bleating to others about imagined violations of your own that are not even life threatening.
The government is obligated to uphold the US Constitution at all times, without exception. That means government may not restrict religious belief, limit freedom of association, or deprive anyone of their individual due process under the law for any reason.

Get some respect for your rights. It is what our military fights and dies to protect. Those who waive their rights don't deserve them.

The government is obligated to uphold the US Constitution at all times, without exception. That means government may not restrict religious belief, limit freedom of association, or deprive anyone of their individual due process under the law for any reason.

Get some respect for your rights. It is what our military fights and dies to protect. Those who waive their rights don't deserve them.

God, wearing a mask deprives you of nothing.

This whole theater act of asinine arguments you are playing out is bizarre and pathetic.

They are telling you to wear a mask on land they own so as to protect your fellow citizens. They shouldn't have to tell you, you should respect other peoples lives even if you have a reckless disregard for your own.

Everyday the rich of your nation strip away anything and everything they can get away with while you are crying in front of a flag on the 4th of July and you cheer them on as they do it. They ask you to wear a mask and you scream blue murder about rights violations. lols

BTW Your military fights for the rich people of your country and their ongoing wealth accumulation.

Are you seriously telling me that you think that it is just fine for government to restrict your liberty whenever it pleases them?

Are you seriously telling me that you think it's just fine for someone who is sick to transmit an infectious and deadly disease to other people, that they have the right to make other people sick, just whenever it pleases them?

Do you have no concept of individual rights at all? Or is it your deepest desire to be a government slave?

Do you have any concept of individual rights at all? Or is it your deepest desire to have another individual inflict harm on you? You do not have the right to murder another person with a weapon, what makes you think you have the right to murder them with a virus?

If government wishes to restrict my liberty in any way, they had better present their evidence before a court of law and prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Otherwise I will ignore their fascist and illegal demands.

Do you consider spitting on another person to be wrong? Do you think it is wrong for the government to enforce laws against spitting on another person? How is this any different? If an aerosolized particle is exhaled from a sick individual and is inhaled by another person, is that not the same thing as spitting on them?

Why do you treat an aerosolized viral particle different than spitting just because you don't happen to have a microscope or other mechanism on you to detect the particle?

they had better present their evidence before a court of law and prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

We could probably solve that using high-speed cameras

camera.png

Or, alternatively, instead of spending money on high-speed cameras to prevent people like you from spreading Covid-19, you could just wear a ****ing mask when you're around other people and thereby reduce the chances of you killing members of your family or your community.

In short, why do you believe you do not have the obligation to decrease the chances of making other people sick with a deadly disease that could possibly kill them?

You are mistaken. No government in the US may deprive anyone of their life, liberty, or property without due process of law, for any reason. As the Supreme Court has already ruled. If the federal government wants to restrict my liberty in any way they must first present evidence in a court of law that proves their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
This is not true. Try going onto a military base and see if they can prevent you from going on, or simply make you leave if you do not follow their rules.

You are mistaken. The original contention is that the EO violates the due process clause of the Fifth Amendment. An act by Congress would not change that fact. If Congress were to enact mandatory masking on federal lands, like the EO, they would be equally guilty of violating the due process clause of the Fifth Amendment.

What part of government may not deprive anyone of their life, liberty, or property without due process of law are you not able to grasp?

It makes absolutely no difference whether Congress enacts a law, or the President issues an EO - they would both be in violation of the US Constitution.
No, they wouldn't. They can absolutely mandate that, just as they can mandate that you wear clothing or shoes or be subject to search on federal lands.

Here in Colorado, Biden will have a hard time making people wear masks while they are fishing on federal property.

You are correct, that is not his intention which is why the EO does not say that must happen.

why do you people keep making shit up about the EO?

No they don't

When can we expect you to file suit? It's only a couple of hundred dollars for the filing fee and a constitutional expert shouldn't need representation.

I have yet to see Glitch say something correct about the law.
That is because he thinks everything is a violation of his damn rights. My daughter and her fiancee had COVID19 and I have it again...for the second time and it sucks...this time is worse than the first time. I cannot stand up without becoming dizzy and having to lay back down. I am at zero energy levels and have a consistent fever that is not breaking for near 3 days now at 102.6...the only difference in me and a lot of people...I have not completely lost my sense of taste and smell, but that does not mean I won't...and my sat levels are still okay...but I am sicker than I have been since I fought cancer and in some ways this feels worse than when I had chemo...yeah, really...its worse...everything hurts and I have muscle spasms and luckily my husband is still negative and is with his brother until I am past the symptomatic stage.

Glitch, wear your mask, you are not a youngster...if you get this it well could kill you. What is more important? Your family and being with them or not wearing a mask?

Masks improperly used help spread viruses. It appears your common sense is actually your ignorance.
It’s funny though that just last year states were repealing laws against having unprotected sex while HIV positive to people who don’t know because homosexuals didn’t want to tell their partner they had HIV, now i an supposed to protect others from the cold? F off.

The "cold":

bodybags.jpg

Are any of these illegal mask mandates that are being imposed federally and around the nation in various Democrat-controlled sh*thole States laws? Do those "no spitting in public :) laws" require you to conform and wear some form of government mandated attire?

No? Then it really isn't equivalent then, is it?
Angy much? When you are expelling your pustulence into my face it is very equivalent.

One more question. Is Biden making it a law you wear a mask fine with you?

Biden cannot make a law. The President can only sign legislation into law or veto legislation.

He can guide policy at the federal level for the executive branch though. And that's what executive orders do. Executive orders are policy statements for the federal government to follow. And it is because of that fact there are severe limits on what an executive order can do.

In practical terms, with respect to the Mask executive order, what this means is more signs asking you to wear masks in front of federal buildings and on federal property, and also requirements for government contractors to wear masks while on federal property or working with federal workers.

Back
Top Bottom