• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden to release all vaccine doses

We need to end the Trump death cult as soon as possible. Biden actually cares about saving lives.

The researchers modeled various scenarios, with variables including vaccine supply, protection provided by the first dose and waning efficacy of the first dose if the second dose is delayed. Only in the unlikely worst-case scenario of a collapse in supply and minimal protection among individuals who have received the first dose would the model suggest that withholding 50% of available supply provides better protection.
"We find that under most plausible scenarios, a more balanced approach that withholds fewer doses during early distribution in order to vaccinate more people as soon as possible could substantially increase the benefits of vaccines, while enabling most recipients to receive second doses on schedule," write the study's authors, who were supported by the Canadian Institutes for Health Research and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/biden-vaccine-strategy/index.html
Yeah, that's what I thought. Hopefully Biden doesn't bone this up.

I agree, I think this is not going to solve anything.
Yeah, they had a hospital official on the news last night - he’s going nuts trying to allocate people between caring for patients and administering vaccines. We have hours-long lines waiting for shots and an extreme shortage of ICU beds.

Yeah, they had a hospital official on the news last night - he’s going nuts trying to allocate people between caring for patients and administering vaccines. We have hours-long lines waiting for shots and an extreme shortage of ICU beds.
My brief research into the shot mechanism looks like its just a muscle injection. I take another medication into muscle every three months and the doctor trained me how to do it in about 3 minutes. If I am correct (I am NOT a medical expert) then the labor issue could be resolved fairly easily once they figure out the liability concerns (the government could help that by creating ground rules)

We're still waiting for any study that shows what you are saying. Or even a link to one of the vaccine researchers or manufacturers suggesting this practice? Anything? Any evidence at all?
I can’t produce anything you’d understand.

There is a database.

Not a single unified database that can't even happen until it's all over even if if there was.

They aren't recording unique identifiers on people taking the vaccine. Liberals are already outraged over the mere possibility of covid travel papers which means people would need to be properly identified and how the suggestion is racist and classist.

Sigh, I'm saying that it will TAKE UP TO that long to get everything mobilized EVERYWHERE in the entire country.
Obviously if you live in a major city, probably sooner.
But if you live in Dogpatch, it might take UP TO 30 days for the local docs and rural clinics to get to everyone everywhere.
Forward looking statements for financial products and investment schemes always go Best Case Scenario, whereas something like this, a forward looking statement goes Worst Case Scenario, hence UP TO 30 days.

After the 1994 Northridge Quake, DOT said it would take UP TO TWO YEARS to fix the broken freeway overpasses but they got done in less than six months.

No, my point is why hasn't a single governor yet announced that he/she is mobilizing the NG to help with vaccinations?

Not a single unified database that can't even happen until it's all over even if if there was.

They aren't recording unique identifiers on people taking the vaccine. Liberals are already outraged over the mere possibility of covid travel papers which means people would need to be properly identified and how the suggestion is racist and classist.
Actually, they do. Do some research.

My GF just got her shot yesterday, and the company I work for does a lot of the backbone on the database.

My brief research into the shot mechanism looks like its just a muscle injection. I take another medication into muscle every three months and the doctor trained me how to do it in about 3 minutes. If I am correct (I am NOT a medical expert) then the labor issue could be resolved fairly easily once they figure out the liability concerns (the government could help that by creating ground rules)

There are tons of out-of-work bartenders, servers, and hair stylists.

It would be pretty odd if the government didn't have a database of who they've given a vaccine to.

It would be pretty odd if the government didn't have a database of who they've given a vaccine to.
I think that the issue is if John Smith from Kentucky was vaccinated, is that the same John Smith from Kentucky that is trying to get on an airplane that requires vaccination?

Actually, they do. Do some research.

My GF just got her shot yesterday, and the company I work for does a lot of the backbone on the database.
[/QUOTE

What unique identifiers were used on the patients on these spread sheets? Was there a search of said database to determine if she had the vaccine already or not?

You should have the company you work for offer services to the IRS since they are depositing stimulus money into the wrong account. I'm sure the government can keep up with vaccine doses equally well.

If more are dying with vaccine it is gonna be Joe Biden and Kamala Harris responsibility!

Back
Top Bottom