• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says he’s ‘the most qualified person in the country’ to be president

“I’ll be as straight with you as I can,” Biden said, according to accounts from CNN and local media. “ I think I’m the most qualified person in the country to be president. The issues that we face as a country today are the issues that have been in my wheelhouse, that I’ve worked on my whole life.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...60ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.4293c670ed4f

There's that middle management language Democrats subscribe to. Biden thinks he's applying for a job as an assistant manager at a clothing store. "Qualified?!"

First, he's probably one of the best candidates the Democrats could field. Well known, has lived in Washington much of his life, and has streaks of honesty and integrity.

However, he hasn't managed large organizations - ever - and I think that's a real deficiency. His time in politics has centered around holding legislative office, where at best, he managed a staff, and no real processes or projects. He didn't even head a federal agency or department. As a former VP, he gets closer than most, but he was still never the man in charge. There are more qualified candidates available.

IMHO, the most competent presidents have been former governors of large states, which gives a good mix of political and executive experience... especially those that also have experience in a legislative branch.

Interesting. I bet he's as great as the last one to crawl up our enemies' rear end, talk a good game and get nothing done, all while talking down on people. The only difference is that he and Trump's predecessor are a bit more refined and slick.

I don't know who you're talking about.

Trump would steal your scotch and tell you to get used to it. And you worship him for it.

Nope, and it is time we get on the appropriate page. Just because__________ doesn't excuse____________. That isn't worship.

Biden is a legend in his own mind.

Biden let that ship sail in 2016. His day is past.

Pro-tip: words have meanings.

That's why a banana isn't a mop.

You're welcome.

How profound! A banana isn't a mop! Wow, the internet is full of fascinating little tidbits. Yes, thank you so much for the words of wisdom.

Biden's mob is the gang of thieves known as DNC.

How profound! A banana isn't a mop! Wow, the internet is full of fascinating little tidbits. Yes, thank you so much for the words of wisdom.

Biden's mob is the gang of thieves known as DNC.

Nah. They're not a mob.

Of course, you're the guy who thinks the Twin Towers are still standing, so......

:lol: Yes. I also had always believed we should go in the direction of "those with no political experience."

I wanted the presidency to be like that movie "Dave."

Then Trump, someone with no political experience was elected, and I changed my mind.

Pretty sure I'm finished voting for people with no experience. :lol: Even if Dave ran.

Younger + governmental experience = Robert Francis O'Rourke.

Joe, Joe, Joe.

Please don't make a fool of yourself.

If (and I acknowledge it's a big "if") Donald Trump is the Republican candidate in 2020, he will rip you to shreds, including harping on the scandals in your past.

Let the Democrats nominate a new face. A younger face. A centrist with practical goals.

Stay in retirement and bask in the glory of being a former Vice President.

Well, yes, technically Biden made the decision. But if all the big money and so many superdelegates hadn't lined up prematurely behind Hillary, he might have made a different decision. It was part of the systemic problem Democrats had where Obama left the DNC finances in shambles, making the DNC beholden to Hillary's money, while the Hillary machine was strongarming the state committees to back her, sweetening the pot with a promise of a share in the supposedly doubled donations that Hillary's scheme was supposed to bring in from the uber rich.

So, technically Biden made the decision, and made it late because of the death of his son. But ......
Alright, some of those points are fair. I do take him (Biden) at his word concerning his son, though. That would be a tough deal to fly by ...

Alright, some of those points are fair. I do take him (Biden) at his word concerning his son, though. That would be a tough deal to fly by ...

Doesn't really matter. The DNC blew it by pushing for Hillary. Biden is no longer relevant.

“I’ll be as straight with you as I can,” Biden said, according to accounts from CNN and local media. “ I think I’m the most qualified person in the country to be president. The issues that we face as a country today are the issues that have been in my wheelhouse, that I’ve worked on my whole life.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...60ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.4293c670ed4f

There's that middle management language Democrats subscribe to. Biden thinks he's applying for a job as an assistant manager at a clothing store. "Qualified?!"
What a terrifying proposition; Joe Biden as the "most qualified" candidate for President. Kinda like Bill Cosby as the most qualified candidate for president of NOW.

When did "qualified" become a bad word?

Oh, that's right.

On the Democrats side, without knowing who all will be throwing their knickers in the ring, I tend to agree.

Hillary Clinton was well qualified too. She just had more baggage than an airline. Biden seems to have a more favorable past.

Any US citizen old enough is "qualified" to be president. A very low standard.

You do realize that's not Biden's point, don't you? He obviously wasn't implying that he's a natural born 35 year old.

You do realize that's not Biden's point, don't you? He obviously wasn't implying that he's a natural born 35 year old.

What was he implying? A leader provides a vision.

Did I say it was a bad word? No.

You accused Democrats of subscribing to "middle management language" by using the word "qualified" and then put an exclamation point and and a question mark behind the word. But you meant that as a compliment, right?

You accused Democrats of subscribing to "middle management language" by using the word "qualified" and then put an exclamation point and and a question mark behind the word. But you meant that as a compliment, right?

Okay. Anything else?

Hillary Clinton was well qualified too. She just had more baggage than an airline. Biden seems to have a more favorable past.

I believe Biden would have beaten Trump. I also believe Biden was told the fix was in for HRC so he bowed out.

I believe Biden would have beaten Trump. I also believe Biden was told the fix was in for HRC so he bowed out.

That's how I saw it, too.

Doesn't really matter. The DNC blew it by pushing for Hillary. Biden is no longer relevant.
Yeah, but the rank & file still get some say, even though it's relatively rigged by the superdelegate process. I think Biden would have very much challenged her, and it would have been good for the party (and country).

Back
Top Bottom