• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden says he’s ‘the most qualified person in the country’ to be president

I would suggest that Biden is right about his qualifications. The question then becomes about other factors like energy, physical stamina, energy, drive and the ability to do a very taxing job and still be doing it six years from now.

Meh, he's only 4 years older than Trump, and in a lot better physical shape.

Meh, he's only 4 years older than Trump, and in a lot better physical shape.

That might be true. But with each passing week I am becoming convinced we need to go younger.

We are on the cusp of a 1960 Kennedyesque opportunity.

That might be true. But with each passing week I am becoming convinced we need to go younger.

:lol: Yes. I also had always believed we should go in the direction of "those with no political experience."

I wanted the presidency to be like that movie "Dave."

Then Trump, someone with no political experience was elected, and I changed my mind.

Pretty sure I'm finished voting for people with no experience. :lol: Even if Dave ran.

If being a con man is an important qualification for being president, then we do indeed have a well qualified man in the White House currently.

Biden is a good candidate for last time. He's too old now. His time has past. A gerontocracy doesn't serve us well, and isn't going to serve us well in the future.

Not to those unwilling to see, no.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

So you have nothing.

Is it so difficult to give some evidence that he is a con man?

You may not agree with his POV, but I am trying to figure out why you believe he is a con man.

Biden:

“I’ll be as straight with you as I can,” Biden said, according to accounts from CNN and local media. “ I think I’m the most qualified person in the country to be president."

Oh, good grief.

Last edited:
Last edited:
"Con man"?

Biden would be, as a lifelong politician, the very definition of that.

No, sorry, Biden isn't even remotely like Trump in that regard. Trump is a lifelong conman.

Just ask the contractors he refused to pay and the graduates of Trump University.

You're not fooling anyone but yourself.

“I’ll be as straight with you as I can,” Biden said, according to accounts from CNN and local media. “ I think I’m the most qualified person in the country to be president. The issues that we face as a country today are the issues that have been in my wheelhouse, that I’ve worked on my whole life.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...60ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.4293c670ed4f

There's that middle management language Democrats subscribe to. Biden thinks he's applying for a job as an assistant manager at a clothing store. "Qualified?!"

Qualified is in the eyes of the beholder, subjective to each individual. I think G.H.W. Bush was probably the most qualified person to become president in my lifetime. At least with the experiences he had. Bush was a Navy pilot during WWII, rose to LTCMDR, a congressman, UN Ambassador, Liaison to the Peoples Republic of China, RNC Chairman, Director of the CIA, Vice President and probably some I forgot.

I certainly think Biden is more qualified than Warren, Hillary, that his experience as Senator and Vice President put him above any other Democrat. Perhaps all Republicans. But we don't elect presidents on qualifications alone. Our presidential election is a partisan beauty contest. Trump in my opinion had the least qualifications of any president in my lifetime. But qualifications and experience didn't stop him from being elected.

If Biden ran against Trump in 2020, I'd vote for Joe. Even so, I think the Democrats need a fresher, younger face. Preferably from flyover country. Sort of like Obama, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter. Not a Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Dukakis etc. I think they need someone who appeals to independents, the democrats failed to do that in 2016. Perhaps they learned from 2016, the Democrats mounted an impressive array of candidates for the House in 2018. One's that appealed to the district they ran in and to independents as independents voted for the Democrats for the first time since 2008. A string of four straight elections independents went Republican.

So we'll see what happens in 2020. Will the Democrats go back to candidates who meet their litmus test or try to continue to appeal to independents?

Did you read that article? Or just the headline?

I read it back when it was published, which was just after I decided I Like Trump.....which is one of the reasons I was not shocked with his fabulous performance.

"Con man"?

Biden would be, as a lifelong politician, the very definition of that.

Yeah that's why elected Trump. So we could take the political con man concept to a whole new level. Let me show you how a REAL con man does it.

Last edited:
“I’ll be as straight with you as I can,” Biden said, according to accounts from CNN and local media. “ I think I’m the most qualified person in the country to be president. The issues that we face as a country today are the issues that have been in my wheelhouse, that I’ve worked on my whole life.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...60ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.4293c670ed4f

There's that middle management language Democrats subscribe to. Biden thinks he's applying for a job as an assistant manager at a clothing store. "Qualified?!"

He is the most qualified to be president!

Biden was probably the most insignificant VP in my lifetime. And now he's 8 years older. I don't see him gaining much traction.

Yeah, he actually is qualified for the position.

And, as a plus, he's not mobbed-up, a lifelong conman or a ***** like the guy currently in the White House.

Funny that that triggers you.

Interesting. I bet he's as great as the last one to crawl up our enemies' rear end, talk a good game and get nothing done, all while talking down on people. The only difference is that he and Trump's predecessor are a bit more refined and slick.

Interesting. I bet he's as great as the last one to crawl up our enemies' rear end, talk a good game and get nothing done, all while talking down on people. The only difference is that he and Trump's predecessor are a bit more refined and slick.

Funny you should use the word 'slick'... that's exactly what he is. While Trump is brash, crass and socially inept, he doesn't hide what he is. I wouldn't be trusting Biden with my ATM card, my 18 year old bottle of scotch, or my 15 year old niece.

Funny you should use the word 'slick'... that's exactly what he is. While Trump is brash, crass and socially inept, he doesn't hide what he is. I wouldn't be trusting Biden with my ATM card, my 18 year old bottle of scotch, or my 15 year old niece.

Trump would steal your scotch and tell you to get used to it. And you worship him for it.

Then you either did not understand it when you read it, or you are now misremembering what it said

You might get some mileage out of this as well...From today:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the progressive Trump
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is one of the most interesting politicians of our time — perhaps the most interesting since President Trump, whom she in many ways resembles.

This comparison will not be welcomed by her many supporters. But the incoming Democratic congresswoman who will represent New York's 14th District is a distinctly Trumpian figure.

Just like Trump's, AOC's appeal is a matter of rhetoric and personality, not of policy acumen or relevant experience. She struggles every bit as much as the president does with facts. Basic norms about American civic life appear to have eluded her. She struggled — twice — to name the three branches of government in a recent conversation. She is, to put it kindly, not good with numbers
https://theweek.com/articles/810563/alexandria-ocasiocortez-progressive-trump

Ocasio-Cortez for President

Back
Top Bottom