• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Gets An "F" For Foreign Policy

F is very generous. Within less than four months, Biden almost lost all US foreign power. It should be Unclassified :rolleyes:

not a cop out. He was the WORST President in US history.
10 SJW points have been awarded to you for completely ignoring the topic and getting in a "I hate Trump" post in. Congratulations!

It still remains a fact that Rip Van Winkle has no accolades to point toward on the foreign policy front.

Reall, that's what you got? Complaining about things that were happening under the previous administration? Desperate much?

Here's a list of Biden's national security accomplishments while he continues to paint domestic policy with his liberal brush:

North Korea is making nukes at a record pace

Iran is enriching Uranium to the highest levels yet

China is threatening us over both Taiwan and the South China Sea

Russia is now openly calling us an adversary

Our borders are being overwhelmed by a record number of illegals
All of that may be correct. But what's important is how America as a whole views Biden's foreign policy. Right now America is fairly happy with his foreign policy. RCP averages has it 49.5% approve, 41.8% disapprove.

Foreign Policy approval lags behind Biden's overall job performance approval, that is 52.7% approve, 41.4% disapprove.

I'd say the above numbers show Biden has done pretty much what the country as a whole expected him to. Now I'll admit, Biden hasn't had any rough spots or really tough issues to face yet. So he may still be in the honeymoon phase. It could also be many folks are just happy to be rid of Trump and haven't really delved into or taken notice what Biden has or hasn't done yet. Time will tell on that. All Presidents have their ups and down on approval. So far Biden has been between 52% low, 56% his high. for comparison, Trump had a 34% low and 49% high for his four years. Obama a 40% low and a 67% high.

I'd say so far, folks are fairly happy with old Joe. there's no way to tell how long that will last. So we'll see.

10 SJW points have been awarded to you for completely ignoring the topic and getting in a "I hate Trump" post in. Congratulations!

It still remains a fact that Rip Van Winkle has no accolades to point toward on the foreign policy front.
and you get an I for ignorant. Ooops!

I'll take Joe over Pinoccio any day thanks.

Here's a list of Biden's national security accomplishments while he continues to paint domestic policy with his liberal brush:

What are your qualifications to grade the performance of others in foreign policy or...anything?

Blaming Trump really doesn't work. Rip Van Winkle is the potus and it his responsibility to solve the challenges we face. Blaming Trump isn't a solution. Its a cop out.
The point is you didn't care about these things two months ago so you don't get to pretend to care about them now. Biden won't be fixing all of America's historical foreign policy issues in 2 months. Whine more.

- NK is making nukes at a record pace based on the ineffectiveness of the Trump NK initiatives
- Iran is enriching Uranium at such high levels because Trump bounced us out of the JCPOA with no plan for what to do next based on his "Obama did it so it must be wrong" initiatives
- China is exactly where it was for the Trump years. We have yet to see what Biden has planned for China
- Russia IS an adversary. Biden has them on their back foot, a place Trump never had them. Putin is currently acting more panicked than he has been in years mainly because:
A) Russia STILL does not have enough economic firepower to support its population. They never have and never will.
B) The Russian citizenry bought into Trump being Putin's puppet and now realize that Vlad had planned on four more years of Donnie to truly benefit. The Russians are restless and Vlad is nervous......GOOD
- wrong to the last point. Trump set the record for undocumented aliens at the border

Russia for its part is a robber state. Lying thieving treachery is their main export. They are NK on a larger scale. Keeping them on their back foot is exactly how to limit their ability to wreck havoc allowing us to concentrate more effort on China which for all the ink devoted to it is still at this point behind us.

Two and half months in Biden gets an incomplete for foreign policy with a big plus in having only taken this long to toss Putin on his back foot.

North Korea is always making nukes. It's kind of their thing.

Iran is enriching uranium again because Trump torpedoed the agreement that was preventing them from doing that.

China has claimed Taiwan as its own for decades, it does this regularly, and it did it under Trump.

Russia IS our adversary, but Trump and his supporters tried to convince us they were our bros.

No they're not.

Let's be honest, there was never going to be a situation where you didn't lie, exaggerate and whine about the Biden administration. No one cares that you're not happy.
Russia is an adversary only because Putin is a Christian man who opposes the homosexual agenda and wants to put Russia first instead of opening it up to global homogenization.

I was listening to a BBC podcast a few days ago about Russia and Ukraine, and they brought on some based Russian polysci professor and this feminist sounding BBC woman is like “well why do you think Putin isn’t working with president Biden” and the Russian professor says “it is opinion of Russian government that Biden is mentally sick and not running his own cabinet”

I had to pull over and start laughing...

Russia is an adversary only because Putin is a Christian man who opposes the homosexual agenda and wants to put Russia first instead of opening it up to global homogenization.
Holy shit dude.. You've gone full blown fascist. Russia has been our enemies for 8 decades now and it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

It is absolutely not surprising that you think a brutal dictator is a good example of Christianity. You wouldn't know Christ's teachings if they slapped you in the face.

Holy shit dude.. You've gone full blown fascist. Russia has been our enemies for 8 decades now and it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

It is absolutely not surprising that you think a brutal dictator is a good example of Christianity. You wouldn't know Christ's teachings if they slapped you in the face.
The enemy of who? First off, the Russian Empire was an ally of the Entente in World War One, Then an explicit ally of my country during the second world war, and since it became the Russian federation, nobody has given me any good reason why I should support Opposing the Russian federation.

In addition to that, if you wanna talk about fascism that Ukrainian government seems pretty fashy to me.

The enemy of who? First off, the Russian Empire was an ally of the Entente in World War One, Then an explicit ally of my country during the second world war, and since it became the Russian federation, nobody has given me any good reason why I should support Opposing the Russian federation.

In addition to that, if you wanna talk about fascism that Ukrainian government seems pretty fashy to me.
Sorry, I can't get past your "Putin is a good Christian man" thing. It's so catastrophically ****ed up and anti-Christian that you must be parody.

What's your favorite Christ-like attribute of Putin? Is it the mass murder?

All of that may be correct. But what's important is how America as a whole views Biden's foreign policy. Right now America is fairly happy with his foreign policy. RCP averages has it 49.5% approve, 41.8% disapprove.

Foreign Policy approval lags behind Biden's overall job performance approval, that is 52.7% approve, 41.4% disapprove.

I'd say the above numbers show Biden has done pretty much what the country as a whole expected him to. Now I'll admit, Biden hasn't had any rough spots or really tough issues to face yet. So he may still be in the honeymoon phase. It could also be many folks are just happy to be rid of Trump and haven't really delved into or taken notice what Biden has or hasn't done yet. Time will tell on that. All Presidents have their ups and down on approval. So far Biden has been between 52% low, 56% his high. for comparison, Trump had a 34% low and 49% high for his four years. Obama a 40% low and a 67% high.

I'd say so far, folks are fairly happy with old Joe. there's no way to tell how long that will last. So we'll see.
Another factor is the lefty MSM reporting 24/7 Trump bad, Biden good. It effects the polls. Hell, the MSM was even defending Biden’s dog from biting people.

The left claim they cannot tolerate Russia and other countries influencing American minds but they are perfectly fine with the MSM being an even bigger influencer, pulling American’s puppet strings.

I know you are big on polling numbers but we have reached a point where polling numbers aren’t worth the toilet paper they are written on. Polls now only reflect the degree to which the MSM have succeeded in brainwashing Americans to believe what the MSM want them to believe.

I was listening to a BBC podcast a few days ago about Russia and Ukraine, and they brought on some based Russian polysci professor and this feminist sounding BBC woman is like “well why do you think Putin isn’t working with president Biden” and the Russian professor says “it is opinion of Russian government that Biden is mentally sick and not running his own cabinet”

I had to pull over and start laughing...
I rushed my OP. I should have also included Russia massing troops on the Ukraine border and also Biden’s own advisors expecting that Afghanistan will eventually fall to the Taliban. If Russia does invade Ukraine you can bet Biden will react swiftly by increasing sanctions and Putin will be shaking in his shoes. Meanwhile, the Soviet Union will be back, Russia will be massing troops on yet another border, Biden will be threatening more sanctions, and Russia and China will both be trading with North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, and others while we continue to welcome refugees and illegals from everywhere.

I dont see evidence of any of this is true

I think he is doing quite well on foreign policy. He has put both China and Russia on notice that while he wants to work on areas of common interest he will not stand back and let them do whatever they please. I think it was particularly good that he laid it on the line with Putin and hurt him where it really hurts, his pocketbook.

Pulling out of Afghanistan was an election promise and an opinion he has held since he was VP. He is right that America has not solved Afghanistan's problems in 20 years and they aren't about to in the next 20.

There is no mistaking where Biden stands, his policies are very clear to the rest of the world. Like them or not at least they are clear and don't change every 5 minutes depending on who has his ear. He takes time to think things through and seeks a broad number of opinions and viewpoints before making decisions. Biden doesn't flatter America's enemies in the hopes of personal gain. He stands up for America and Americans.

So you mean Trump left him with a worse world than he inherited.

Yes, we know. We saw all 500 summits with Kim where our potus looked like a dork.

I think he is doing quite well on foreign policy. He has put both China and Russia on notice that while he wants to work on areas of common interest he will not stand back and let them do whatever they please. I think it was particularly good that he laid it on the line with Putin and hurt him where it really hurts, his pocketbook.

Pulling out of Afghanistan was an election promise and an opinion he has held since he was VP. He is right that America has not solved Afghanistan's problems in 20 years and they aren't about to in the next 20.

There is no mistaking where Biden stands, his policies are very clear to the rest of the world. Like them or not at least they are clear and don't change every 5 minutes depending on who has his ear. He takes time to think things through and seeks a broad number of opinions and viewpoints before making decisions. Biden doesn't flatter America's enemies in the hopes of personal gain. He stands up for America and Americans.
As an American, I see no interest of mine in keeping a part of Russia like Crimea, in the hands of a fascist government in Ukraine

Another factor is the lefty MSM reporting 24/7 Trump bad, Biden good. It effects the polls. Hell, the MSM was even defending Biden’s dog from biting people.

The left claim they cannot tolerate Russia and other countries influencing American minds but they are perfectly fine with the MSM being an even bigger influencer, pulling American’s puppet strings.

I know you are big on polling numbers but we have reached a point where polling numbers aren’t worth the toilet paper they are written on. Polls now only reflect the degree to which the MSM have succeeded in brainwashing Americans to believe what the MSM want them to believe.
I think you're overestimating the MSM. People today go to the news networks that promote their political ideology. Republicans, conservatives to FoxNews, Liberals, Democrats to MSNBC and CNN. A majority of Americans distrust the MSM to report the news fully, fairly and accurately.

and from another source which backs up my often post statement the this distrust is mainly because the MSM has taken sides in our political battles.

• 56% of Americans agree with the statement that "Journalists and reporters are purposely trying to mislead people by saying things they know are false or gross exaggerations."
  • 58% think that "most news organizations are more concerned with supporting an ideology or political position than with informing the public."

I don't think the MSM has the impact you think it does. Trump's war with the media, his war with almost everyone to include folks in his own party and with FoxNews at times was reported on and mostly unfavorable. But caused mainly by Trump, by his very rude, in your face, his 3rd grade schoolyard bullying tactics. Trump was constantly attacking the media and as I said, almost everyone else and was constantly the number one story in the news and usually the largest segement of any news broadcast. It's was Trump himself, his personality that caused most of his problems not only with the media, but with the largest group of voters, independents, swing voters who left him in 2020 after supporting him in 2016.

Biden, yes he's getting good press, probably better than he should. But he's stayed hidden and usually out of the lime light. You couldn't get Trump to leave the lime light. He basked in it. No other republican president received the bad stream of news reporting Trump did, true. But no other republican president went to war against the media either.

As for polls, I usually use RCP averages as polls differ in how questions are asked, who they ask, the number polled along with a lot of other things. But they do give you a snap shot of how folks feel or think when they are taken. I usually follow independents, the less to non-partisans to get the feel I want, especially when it comes to elections and hot issues at the time. You can average independents up and come within a few points one way or the other of how they will vote on their dislikes of a candidate or political party. 60% of independents disliked Trump as a person, he received only 41% of their vote. Biden, 40% disliked him as a person, he received 54% of their vote. This doesn't include independents who disliked both candidates, 5% voted third party.

I suppose the bottom line is presidents who don't make war on the media will receive better coverage from them. 2020 as far as independents were concerned was an election of personalities. A majority like Biden's personality and like him as a person, he won independents by 13%. A majority of independents disliked Trump's personality and disliked him as a person and 60% of independents voted against him, either for Biden or for a third party candidate. Our presidential elections are basically beauty contests when it comes to independents anyway. Usually the one with the most charisma wins their vote or in the case of 2020, it wasn't so much charisma as it was likeability. In 2016 it was dislikeability or which candidate independents disliked the most. But charima determine pretty much the rest of our presidential elections.

Obama had tons of charisma, he won over the charisma lacking McCain and Romney
Bush was more a down home boy than a charismatic one, he won over two statues in Gore and Kerry, both very uncharismatic
Bill Clinton was very charismatic, he won twice over the dour Dole and stoic Bush
Reagan has charisma up the ying yang, he won over the uncharismatic Mondale and over Carter.
Carter defeated Ford, Carter was another down home boy than charismatic, but he faced the very uncha;rismatic Ford.

And so on. Beauty contests fits.

Back
Top Bottom