• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Gets An "F" For Foreign Policy

Explain what I have wrong
The agreement allows inspectors to monitor uranium from the mining stage through to disposal. That was happening, until Trump scuttled the deal.

The agreement allows inspectors to monitor uranium from the mining stage through to disposal. That was happening, until Trump scuttled the deal.
I will need to double check but my understanding is that Iran refused to allow them the level of access required to do that.

I will need to double check but my understanding is that Iran refused to allow them the level of access required to do that.
Once Trump skipped on the deal Iran restricted some inspections. But prior to that they were in compliance with inspectors and there are years' worth of reports online.

It is my understanding that the old deal prohibited us from inspecting their reactors and we had to depend on their inspectors to tell is they were in compliance. That is what I meant by self policing.

The other things you mentioned will not change the fact that this deal allows them to become a nuclear threat and at that point the world will have to their threats differently than they do today.

I bet the military industrial complex supports this deal it ensures plenty of business for them

That's simply incorrect. There were external inspectors.

They tested boundaries some but mostly they were complying, as verified by outside investigators. The deal was working. They were building ties with European nations ... and it's a good thing too, because encouragement from those European partners is what stopped the Iran situation from boiling over with all the hits Iran was taking from Trump.

Their enrichment of uranium accelerated in direct response to Trump's drastic actions. HE pushed them closer to having the ability to create nuclear weapons.

Trump wasn't just allowing them to be a nuclear threat. He was pushing them toward being a greater nuclear threat than ever.

Yes, bringing them into economic alliances with western nations decreases the threat. It gives them more to lose economically (and thus politically) if they do rash things which upset their western allies.

No one is going to be able denuclearize them. Trump didn't. Trump made things worse. Our best hope is to make them think there is a better path forward than being a nuclear threat. That's what the Iran nuclear deal was achieving before Trump screwed everything up, and it's what a renewed nuclear deal has a chance of doing.

Last edited:
Once Trump skipped on the deal Iran restricted some inspections. But prior to that they were in compliance with inspectors and there are years' worth of reports online.
I dont believe what your saying is correct but even if true what is the advantage to delaying it 10 years and then giving it our blessings. We might as well just tell them if they want nukes to go for it.

I dont believe what your saying is correct but even if true what is the advantage to delaying it 10 years and then giving it our blessings. We might as well just tell them if they want nukes to go for it.
15 years

Those are some nice empty platitudes your preaching.

There is no part of the last 4 years that will allow anyone to erase Trump humiliating himself with his “love affair” with KJU.

ok 15 years, my point remains the same.

Your point assumes that it's just a 10- or 15-year pause and then Iran jumps right back into being a threat.

What it is a 10- or 15-year chance for the western world to build something positive with Iran so they won't jump back into being a threat.

When Trump nuked the Iran nuke deal, he made them a worse threat than they were when he took office.

The potential for nuclear threat is not going to go away no matter what. We can hope to manage it intelligently and not make it worse. The Iran nuclear deal is an attempt to manage it intelligently -- to mitigate it -- to eventually have an Iran who is a full citizen state in the community of capitalistic nations who find it profitable to have the U.S. and Europe as trading partners. That's what a decade-long pause makes possible. Bring Iran into an alliance with us and with others who share our interests.

The alternative is Iran immediately resuming and increasing its nuclear threat, with the help of allies such as Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Russia and Venezuela.

There is no sure answer. But the Iran nuclear deal WAS showing promising results. That's what made Trump so intent on killing the deal, because the main goal of his presidency was to obliterate Obama's legacy, no matter the cost to our national security.

Now that Trump is gone, we have a chance of going back to the path which had the greatest chance of decreasing the threat posed by Iran.

Again, there is no sure answer, but a 10-year pause while we try to build an alliance with Iran is a better prospect than a desperate Iran who doubles down on uranium enrichment because WE nuked the agreement which was making Iran put the brakes on uranium enrichment.

Post like these show your immaturity.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
LOL, can't deal with someone disagreeing with you and then you call them immature? OMG, now that is rich!

laugh_40x40.gif

ok 15 years, my point remains the same.
15 years was better than what Trump left behind - no agreement and they're enriching.

Here's a list of Biden's national security accomplishments while he continues to paint domestic policy with his liberal brush:

North Korea is making nukes at a record pace

Iran is enriching Uranium to the highest levels yet

China is threatening us over both Taiwan and the South China Sea

Russia is now openly calling us an adversary

Our borders are being overwhelmed by a record number of illegals

A Trump devotee giving Biden an F. Wow. Surprising.

When Trump buys Greenland you can move there and live in total worship, like they did in the jungles of Guyana. And the pedophiles you admire can all move there with you. It'll be Heaven.

Here's a list of Biden's national security accomplishments while he continues to paint domestic policy with his liberal brush:

North Korea: already doing this before Biden was in office.

Iran: ditto, all because Trump trashed the deal.

PRC: has been going apeshit for years. Hong Kong and Uyghurs were under Trump's watch.

Russia: Russia has treated the US as their adversary for a long time. It's just the last guy in the White House refused to admit it.

You know what's funny? That was the exact situation last year, when Trump was president, and you said it was an A :lol:

Former Sec of Defense Robert Gates said it all. " Joe Biden was wrong on every foreign policy decision he ever made." But the fools who voted for him never gave it a second thought.
That's because, generally speaking, Democrats are anti-war. They want to quit spending money on the military and spend it on people instead. So, they don't really give a damn about any foreign policy.

Russia is an adversary only because Putin is a Christian man who opposes the homosexual agenda and wants to put Russia first instead of opening it up to global homogenization.
What is the "homosexual agenda" and how did you discern "Putin is a Christian"?

Back
Top Bottom